vs Aston Villa (away)

Forum for match day threads
marlon
Legend

4 years ago

Of the motm, obviously. We know what we're going to get from van Gaal by now. It's obviously not about the players.
Dosdamt
Star Man

4 years ago

MAX CLIFFORD wrote:Rooney is totally out of sorts there's no denying. His confidence looks shot at. But it will come back, I'm pretty sure he will know its not been good enough. But it wont change for him unless he gets a partner. A quality player whose having a really miserable time of it. He simply cant create "and" score like he used to.

Its going to be a long season for him as it stands now. The creative talent is not behind him so he's going to struggle for goals. As is the team I fear. =((
You're being massively kind to him. Any time he got the ball in a vaguely dangerous position, he miscontrolled it to the fucking moon. He's been fucking garbage. Completely ineffective. If we had another striker of any kind, he'd be dropped.
madmax
Star Man

4 years ago

Micah Richards: "Darmian said I am too soft."

I like Darmian already.
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:I remember when a United MOTM meant 'scoring 2' creating 1 and taking the piss out of a full back'.

Now it's a keeper, a centre back, or a midfielder who 'made two or three great through balls'.

:))
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

4 years ago

danniitronix wrote:
ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:Yeah, Rooney was shit, but haven't we been here before? I.e. Falcao, and RVP? I'm convinced the biggest factor is Van Gaal.
Will you shut the fuck up! Now that we won, you can stick you barometer up your arse.

I scalded you last season when you ejected your anal tract continuously on these pages about us not getting fourth, when I said we would. You were proved to be a unwashed gonad yet you continue to expose your butt for a slapping. Now seriously let it go.

LVG will be gone in two seasons, after that we will bring in someone for the long term. LVG is a sticky plaster, he is here to clean out the shit, make us competitive and build a squad for us to once again compete on a long term basis. He's a guy who won't take shit from the Gill, Charlton, Taggart board room axis of hinderance, or from the players or the media. He is a Mr Fix It, not the Chosen One or a Revolutionary. He will also spend as much as the stock piles of money we have, gazillions and gazillions of it contrary to what you dumb ass TRs have been boring us for the best part of a decade,

Now ffs sort your shit out and stop making such inane comments, two fucking games into the season. Bongo Bedoya our Resident Neaderthal Moderator contributes enough in this respect we don't need your barometers or nailing your underpants to the mast like you so eloquently put.
Why the fuck are you even on here? There's not a single person here who doesn't see what you post as complete and utter guff. I notice you don't ever show up during games, unless we're winning. Why don't you grow a set of bollocks and actually offer an opinion when it might be exposed? Scalded? Slapped? Don't flatter yourself fuckstick, your posts are nothing but inane ramblings.

You're full of shit. And worryingly obsessed with my arse.
swampash
Legend

4 years ago

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...
For what it's worth, I thought we looked pretty good. Controlled the game well and a big improvement on last season.
Rooney is a concern and although Shaw looks to have improved, I'm still waiting to see evidence that he is better at LB than Blind.
Not sure what to make of Rooney. Is he struggling as a CF, did he get too little support, or does that formation make it difficult for anyone who plays alone up front?
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

4 years ago

The only sense of improvement I can see is that we haven't needed our keeper to bail us out. We've looked more solid defensively, which in part looks down to Smalling having put in two good games and Darmian being much better defensively than Valenica. However, we haven't really been tested. A weak spurs side and Villa aren't going to really test how good we are defensively.

Going forward it's every bit as turgid and ineffective as last season, so far.

I'm praying that we get a couple of forward players who can run at the opposition and excite, before the end of January.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

bman2 wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:Blind is fine... probably one of the most versatile players we've had...
I agree, but don't you think a lot of the guys on the telly and in the papers have a low view of him? On Sky they had the narrative all set up tonight that he'd be humiliated by whatshisname the new Villa signing who's a good header of the ball. I feel like it's the Carrick thing all over again, only x100.

Speaking of Carrick, much as I've defended him over the years, Schweinsteiger was fucking so great when he came on, he has to start from now on if fit to do so. Tonight I saw the player we've envied for years.
To tell the truth, I don't listen to much of that shit... turn the game on at kick off, take a break at half time, and turn it off when the full time whistle blows... the pundits are there to talk like salesmen... not interested...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
swampash
Legend

4 years ago

Also thought Jacuzzi did a good impersonation of Muller, when scoring.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

madmax wrote:Micah Richards: "Darmian said I am too soft."

I like Darmian already.
That's ace

Darmian got away with rough housing Richards

It's not only English defenders who do that stuff