vs Tottenham

Forum for match day threads
User avatar
redzebs
Legend
Posts: 11439
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

bman2 wrote:
just1n wrote:Am I missing the point? I questioned Klopps tactical nous as I compare him to other managers of his ilk like Bielsa, Rodgers and Wenger. We all see how the internet explodes when those teams lose and the bandwagon brigaders jump out with calls to fire the manager.
How are Bielsa, Rodgers, and Wenger "of his ilk"? Klopp wins trophies! Proper ones!

Maybe he saw Klopp with a load of envelopes one time
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
User avatar
just1n
Legend
Posts: 3075
Joined: 6 years ago
Location: Africa

4 years ago

redzebs wrote:
bman2 wrote:
just1n wrote:Am I missing the point? I questioned Klopps tactical nous as I compare him to other managers of his ilk like Bielsa, Rodgers and Wenger. We all see how the internet explodes when those teams lose and the bandwagon brigaders jump out with calls to fire the manager.
How are Bielsa, Rodgers, and Wenger "of his ilk"? Klopp wins trophies! Proper ones!

Maybe he saw Klopp with a load of envelopes one time
What are proper trophies?
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
User avatar
redzebs
Legend
Posts: 11439
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

just1n wrote:
redzebs wrote:
bman2 wrote:
just1n wrote:Am I missing the point? I questioned Klopps tactical nous as I compare him to other managers of his ilk like Bielsa, Rodgers and Wenger. We all see how the internet explodes when those teams lose and the bandwagon brigaders jump out with calls to fire the manager.
How are Bielsa, Rodgers, and Wenger "of his ilk"? Klopp wins trophies! Proper ones!

Maybe he saw Klopp with a load of envelopes one time
What are proper trophies?
Top four European leagues, win the title, win the major cup competition in one of those countries and challenge for the champions league properly is whats expected, consistently.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
User avatar
marlon
Legend
Posts: 5502
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

just1n wrote: LVG changed the Dutch system for the WC2014 when Strootman got injured and took them to the semi's. He is a proven tactical coach. Ditto Mourinho and SAF before.
I'm not saying Fellaini was a satisfactory approach but fuck, it got us top 4 and now with improvements to the squad i'm sure there will be more tweeks to the system as required.
Honestly, I have not followed Klopp but from what I have seen of Dortmund, they always played the same system.
You can't compare van Gaal to Ferguson or Mourinho. He's not even close. And de Gea got us top 4. It had fuck all to do with van Gaal.
User avatar
redzebs
Legend
Posts: 11439
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

Its funny, Fergie in his last few years and also since he retired got Taggart, Whisky nose etc. etc. on here,

Ive slated him myself, but I think every single one of us would take him back tomorrow.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
User avatar
just1n
Legend
Posts: 3075
Joined: 6 years ago
Location: Africa

4 years ago

marlon wrote:
just1n wrote: LVG changed the Dutch system for the WC2014 when Strootman got injured and took them to the semi's. He is a proven tactical coach. Ditto Mourinho and SAF before.
I'm not saying Fellaini was a satisfactory approach but fuck, it got us top 4 and now with improvements to the squad i'm sure there will be more tweeks to the system as required.
Honestly, I have not followed Klopp but from what I have seen of Dortmund, they always played the same system.
You can't compare van Gaal to Ferguson or Mourinho. He's not even close. And de Gea got us top 4. It had fuck all to do with van Gaal.
You really believe that? Over 68 different injuries in one season but it's the goalkeeper who gets the plaudits. Must be horrible for you having to put up with the useless manager for the coming season.
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
User avatar
marlon
Legend
Posts: 5502
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

You honestly think he's made this team more than the sum of it's parts? It's a bad sign when the press conferences are more entertaining than the football.
User avatar
redzebs
Legend
Posts: 11439
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

marlon wrote:You honestly think he's made this team more than the sum of it's parts? It's a bad sign when the press conferences are more entertaining than the football.

Aye tbh Im cutting him slack because he's a character as well and things might come good,

If he was dull or talking shite like Moyes did, Id not be that impressed,

Plus his trophy haul gets him some lee way as well.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
User avatar
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend
Posts: 13448
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

redzebs wrote:Its funny, Fergie in his last few years and also since he retired got Taggart, Whisky nose etc. etc. on here,

Ive slated him myself, but I think every single one of us would take him back tomorrow.
Not me Zebs... I'd never want to see that treacherous fuck in charge again... as it was, he stayed on 5 years too long...

Look at the state he left the squad in, with the help of the Glazers...

I think he got sick of trying to make wine out of gravy, but he was a big part of how that whole, run the club on a "nae value" budget happened in the first place...

Glad he's gone... just wish he'd have taken those Yankee maggots with him...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
User avatar
redzebs
Legend
Posts: 11439
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
redzebs wrote:Its funny, Fergie in his last few years and also since he retired got Taggart, Whisky nose etc. etc. on here,

Ive slated him myself, but I think every single one of us would take him back tomorrow.
Not me Zebs... I'd never want to see that treacherous fuck in charge again... as it was, he stayed on 5 years too long...

Look at the state he left the squad in, with the help of the Glazers...

I think he got sick of trying to make wine out of gravy, but he was a big part of how that whole, run the club on a "nae value" budget happened in the first place...

Glad he's gone... just wish he'd have taken those Yankee maggots with him...

Thats what I mean, loads had that view but results and performances wise, he'd have that group of players winning the league no sweat.

Or maybe just Moyes was wank and LVG came to us too late in his career and he's gone after next season.

Sparkling water aficionado Pelligrino has signed a new contract so let's see how we do this season but at least our main three rivals won't likely be changing managers anytime soon so we have options.

My worry is Real will realise how shite Benetiz is and get Klopp.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Post Reply