vs Tottenham

Forum for match day threads
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

True, apart from winning with a shite squad, Fergie still surprised me even in the last few years when we knew what to expect, I remember one game against West Ham, think it was the season before he retired, he put Giggs to left back when we were struggling and it completely changed the game
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

just1n wrote:
MAX CLIFFORD wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Davey-boy wrote:
just1n wrote:Man Utd are not Dortmund tbf. Much bigger beast. Could he deal with the pressure of a club that is on the world stock market. Wonder if he would handle the step up and the ego's around the club.
I do love Klopps personality. It's fucking emotional and spot on.
I don't question the style he plays but I do wonder what else he has in the locker for a plan B.
What's loooeey plan b?
Head on a stick... Fellaini up front...
I'd like to think that's laughable Alf. But I can honestly see Rooney getting the hook for him at some point. The scenario being, we are struggling to some no marks away and creating fuck all. Rooney getting petulant coz there is zero service. On comes the galoot, launch it long. We all know the rest. :-ss
Does it really matter. Brendan Rodgers would have won the title a couple of years ago if he had a plan B. This loyalty to a style of play is bizarre imo. If it works then stick with it, and if it's not then change it. It's a no brainer. SAF did it and that's why he was so successful.
I think you're missing the point...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
just1n
Legend

4 years ago

Am I missing the point? I questioned Klopps tactical nous as I compare him to other managers of his ilk like Bielsa, Rodgers and Wenger. We all see how the internet explodes when those teams lose and the bandwagon brigaders jump out with calls to fire the manager.
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

just1n wrote:Am I missing the point? I questioned Klopps tactical nous as I compare him to other managers of his ilk like Bielsa, Rodgers and Wenger. We all see how the internet explodes when those teams lose and the bandwagon brigaders jump out with calls to fire the manager.
That might have been your point... having a go at Klopp for a lack of "tactical nous"... but then you jumped in to defend Screwy Looey and his head on a stick "plan b"... as if that's satisfactory... is that the "tactical nous", you think Klopp is lacking???
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
just1n
Legend

4 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
just1n wrote:Am I missing the point? I questioned Klopps tactical nous as I compare him to other managers of his ilk like Bielsa, Rodgers and Wenger. We all see how the internet explodes when those teams lose and the bandwagon brigaders jump out with calls to fire the manager.
That might have been your point... having a go at Klopp for a lack of "tactical nous"... but then you jumped in to defend Screwy Looey and his head on a stick "plan b"... as if that's satisfactory... is that the "tactical nous", you think Klopp is lacking???
LVG changed the Dutch system for the WC2014 when Strootman got injured and took them to the semi's. He is a proven tactical coach. Ditto Mourinho and SAF before.
I'm not saying Fellaini was a satisfactory approach but fuck, it got us top 4 and now with improvements to the squad i'm sure there will be more tweeks to the system as required.
Honestly, I have not followed Klopp but from what I have seen of Dortmund, they always played the same system.
dozer
Legend

4 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
You're the one missing the point with your lazy "tall man = head on stick" analysis.
Snoopcousins
Legend

4 years ago

IMO Robben and a bit of luck got Holland to the WC semis
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
just1n
Legend

4 years ago

Snoopcousins wrote:IMO Robben and a bit of luck got Holland to the WC semis
Ditto Maradona and the hand of god....

You make your luck mate.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

dozer wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
You're the one missing the point with your lazy "tall man = head on stick" analysis.
:)) :)) :))
bman2
Legend

4 years ago

How are Bielsa, Rodgers, and Wenger "of his ilk"? Klopp wins trophies! Proper ones!