vs Tottenham

Forum for match day threads
just1n
Legend

4 years ago

bman2 wrote:
redzebs wrote:
Sid wrote:Few threads on the Caf about how Van Gaal is not entertaining us. There's an aticle in the MEN saying the same.

Is it winning or is entertaining that we want - or is it both

Like I said last season, what do you want from United

The answer is Klopp

LVG is gone after next season, if we can win but not be great and leave a decent squad then I guess thats ok, but we need to win at least two trophies over the next two years for me,

couple of cup runs would be good, he may take the league cup seriously as well this year.
LVG's gone after this season, or at least I hope so. I can't see past Klopp personally. He's not as proven as some other possibilities, but he had Dortmund playing football that was getting results and more entertaining than anything I've seen in a while, plus he comes across as a genuine decent guy, a great character. Sign him up and don't let him go for at least a decade!
Is Klopp really the answer? Seems like another Martinez to me. Won something and got a team relegated. Whoop da fucking doo.
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
swampash
Legend

4 years ago

Nah, you need to do a bit more checking on him Justin before making that sort of comparison. Klopp really is the business if you ask me.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
just1n
Legend

4 years ago

swampash wrote:Nah, you need to do a bit more checking on him Justin before making that sort of comparison. Klopp really is the business if you ask me.
Fair play, Dortmund were amazing for awhile but they seemed short of ideas last season. Klopp seems to play one style only, almost like Bielsa.

If you look at his overall win ratio, then he falls behind the likes of Jose and LVG.

Jose - 66.85%
LVG - 60.93%
Klopp - 48.98%
swampash
Legend

4 years ago

Yeah, but he worked wonders with a team that is on the German stock market, and has historically had a huge debt problem, so has to keep selling its best players to Bayern to keep the bottom line and the share price up.
He worked wonders the second half of last season. His time as a World Cup/European Cup pundit on German TV also revealed he's a very smart guy. But above all I love his obvious and shear passion for the game. Would love to see that unleashed at OT.
Fuck the stats - they are always context specific.
just1n
Legend

4 years ago

Man Utd are not Dortmund tbf. Much bigger beast. Could he deal with the pressure of a club that is on the world stock market. Wonder if he would handle the step up and the ego's around the club.
I do love Klopps personality. It's fucking emotional and spot on.
I don't question the style he plays but I do wonder what else he has in the locker for a plan B.
swampash
Legend

4 years ago

I'd settle for plan A, tbf.
Davey-boy
Legend

4 years ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:And not being funny, but if we wanted efficiency over style, why didn't we just go for fucking Mourinho? At least he'd have done it properly. Isn't Van Gaal's ethos supposed to be built around entertaining the fans?
Yeah I thought it was. Clearly it isn't.
Davey-boy
Legend

4 years ago

just1n wrote:Man Utd are not Dortmund tbf. Much bigger beast. Could he deal with the pressure of a club that is on the world stock market. Wonder if he would handle the step up and the ego's around the club.
I don't question the style he plays but I do wonder what else he has in the locker for a plan B.
What's loooeey plan b?
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

Davey-boy wrote:
just1n wrote:Man Utd are not Dortmund tbf. Much bigger beast. Could he deal with the pressure of a club that is on the world stock market. Wonder if he would handle the step up and the ego's around the club.
What's loooeey plan b?
Head on a stick... Fellaini up front...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
just1n
Legend

4 years ago

MAX CLIFFORD wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Davey-boy wrote:
What's loooeey plan b?
Head on a stick... Fellaini up front...
I'd like to think that's laughable Alf. But I can honestly see Rooney getting the hook for him at some point. The scenario being, we are struggling to some no marks away and creating fuck all. Rooney getting petulant coz there is zero service. On comes the galoot, launch it long. We all know the rest. :-ss
Does it really matter. Brendan Rodgers would have won the title a couple of years ago if he had a plan B. This loyalty to a style of play is bizarre imo. If it works then stick with it, and if it's not then change it. It's a no brainer. SAF did it and that's why he was so successful.