vs Tottenham

Forum for match day threads
bman2
Legend

4 years ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:Time will tell. It could be that in five games time we're all high fiving and sucking each other's dicks, but I don't see it.
Jesus. Now I don't know if I want us to win anymore.
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

Few threads on the Caf about how Van Gaal is not entertaining us. There's an aticle in the MEN saying the same.

Is it winning or is entertaining that we want - or is it both

Like I said last season, what do you want from United

The answer is Klopp
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

Sid wrote:Few threads on the Caf about how Van Gaal is not entertaining us. There's an aticle in the MEN saying the same.

The answer is Klopp

LVG is gone after next season, if we can win but not be great and leave a decent squad then I guess thats ok, but we need to win at least two trophies over the next two years for me,

couple of cup runs would be good, he may take the league cup seriously as well this year.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
bman2
Legend

4 years ago

Well we're not entertaining and only winning on technicalities when we win at all right now (a spurs playing is the only person who put a ball into the net on Saturday). One shot on target ffs - does that mean the OG, or did we actually make Spurs' backup keeper do some work? I can't remember. Easy to attribute it to it being the first season of the game...if it didn't look exactly like all of our games at the end of last season.

I don't blame Van Gaal for the signings, I think our signings have been alright and it's not his fault there's a weird shortage of top class CBs and forwards at the moment. But he needs to liven it up. Will Woodward not let him drop Rooney, because he's our only "star" left?
bman2
Legend

4 years ago

redzebs wrote:
Sid wrote:Few threads on the Caf about how Van Gaal is not entertaining us. There's an aticle in the MEN saying the same.

The answer is Klopp

LVG is gone after next season, if we can win but not be great and leave a decent squad then I guess thats ok, but we need to win at least two trophies over the next two years for me,

couple of cup runs would be good, he may take the league cup seriously as well this year.
LVG's gone after this season, or at least I hope so. I can't see past Klopp personally. He's not as proven as some other possibilities, but he had Dortmund playing football that was getting results and more entertaining than anything I've seen in a while, plus he comes across as a genuine decent guy, a great character. Sign him up and don't let him go for at least a decade!
urboystook1hellofabeating
First Teamer

4 years ago

bman2 wrote:
ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:Time will tell. It could be that in five games time we're all high fiving and sucking each other's dicks, but I don't see it.
Jesus. Now I don't know if I want us to win anymore.

:)) :)) :))
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

MAX CLIFFORD wrote:You will all know that I was all for off loading Van Moyes at the end of last season. His remit was to get us back in the champions league and he did ....just!!

But he's still in charge and I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt until Christmas. Its an absolute no brainer that we clearly need a quality striker. I'm convinced that's all we need. If the club are'nt hard at work as we speak to bring one in I'd be absolutely astounded. It will cost him his job if it doesn't happen. Nailed on. :-?
A new fuckin coo or ceo or whatever Woodward is supposed to be, fuckin cuckoo would be appropriate as he lives in that land when it comes to transfers
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

4 years ago

The answer is Klopp
We're the biggest club in the world, in many respects. I want both. And we used to have both.

But first and foremost I want entertaining. I can handle a year or two without trophies, or falling just short. But i want us to fucking attack teams.

I don't think it's too much to ask that we be coached, and run ourselves, with the aim of playing quality football, entertaining the fans, and developing and buying the best players we can find who want to come to the club.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

4 years ago

And not being funny, but if we wanted efficiency over style, why didn't we just go for fucking Mourinho? At least he'd have done it properly. Isn't Van Gaal's ethos supposed to be built around entertaining the fans?
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:And not being funny, but if we wanted efficiency over style, why didn't we just go for fucking Mourinho? At least he'd have done it properly. Isn't Van Gaal's ethos supposed to be built around entertaining the fans?

Fair point