vs Tottenham

Forum for match day threads
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

Davey-boy wrote:Isn't Romero meant to be a bit shit?
If he's good enough for that Argentinian team with Di Maria, Messi, Aguero, and helped em get to a World Cup final, then he can't be that bad

Good enough for Tottenham at home ffs

The Prem is average in terms of quality. This isn't a World Cup. I reckon you could probably win it with a dodgyish keeper. Look at City and Hart.
Davey-boy
Legend

5 years ago

Sid wrote:
If he's good enough for that Argentinian team with Di Maria, Messi, Aguero, and helped em get to a World Cup final, then he can't be that bad

The Prem is average in terms of quality. This isn't a World Cup. I reckon you could probably win it with a dodgyish keeper. Look at City and Hart.
That might be down to the fact he's the only Argie keeper around, and the players in front of him are half decent.....he could have blind and Jones in front of him on sat!
Davey-boy
Legend

5 years ago

I'd go with Johnstone if DDG isn't at it. He looks like a decent keeper to me.
swampash
Legend

5 years ago

Second that.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
bman2
Legend

5 years ago

Depay -- Rooney -- Mata
Herrera
Schneiderlin -- Carrick
Shaw -- Smalling -- Jones -- Darmian
GK?

Our starting 11 is not bad, and I like the idea of Pedro in where Mata is. But what worries me is that neither our attack nor our defense look great, they're both "just" good. I feel like we need one of those to be great to win the league. Like our attacking options are probably good enough to win silverware if we had a rock solid, Vida-Rio type defense, and our defense is probably good enough to win things if we had a great attacking unit. But as it is I think we'll tie a lot of games because we'll usually concede at least 1 goal and struggle to score more than 1 or 2 ourselves. I could see us coming second in the league, if we start well and stay consistent.
Davey-boy
Legend

5 years ago

Didn't he say he's playing blind at CB against Spurs?
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

Davey-boy wrote:
Sid wrote:

That might be down to the fact he's the only Argie keeper around, and the players in front of him are half decent.....he could have blind and Jones in front of him on sat!
Fair point

Maybe we can't get away with a dodgy keeper if we also have a dodgy defence
Davey-boy
Legend

5 years ago

Spurs beat Milan 2-0
bman2
Legend

5 years ago

Davey-boy wrote:
Sid wrote:

We got Romero for free, how good can he be?
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

5 years ago

im expecting a less mental barthez tbf, bound to be good on the ball under gaal but probably a flapper and shite at being a goalkeeper
lkhm

hoofing