vs Tottenham

Forum for match day threads
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:I don't know how anyone can be optimistic after that. If he'd come out afterwards and said 'yes it was flat, but its day one, we're still looking for sharpness, the new players are gelling and we'll get better. The main thing is three points'. I'd have felt a bit better.

But he didn't. He was pleased with the performance. 'we created lots of chances through our transitions'. He can get fucked. We're awful to watch. Every other team I saw play this weekend looked brighter, sharper and had more attacking intent.

How the fuck is an attacking player meant to show anything of note in this system?

He's a stubborn, self indulgent fuck.

What? He wasn't happy at all!
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

He said we were lucky and if Erikkson scored it would have been a different game!
just1n
Legend

5 years ago

redzebs wrote:He said we were lucky and if Erikkson scored it would have been a different game!
Yep , I didn't read anything self indulgent with his post match analysis. Pretty honest assessment.

"It was a very difficult game because it was two teams who wanted to press, so every player was on the ball for a small amount of time. We didn't keep the ball too much but, in transitions, we created a few chances. We could not cope well with their pressure but we had a lot of possibilities. They had the first chance through Christian Eriksen and then it [would become] another game, so we were lucky today."
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
Snoopcousins
Legend

5 years ago

We made 2 chances that I remember!
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

5 years ago

redzebs wrote:He said we were lucky and if Erikkson scored it would have been a different game!
Fair enough, I only caught snippets of his comments. The bottom line is the same for me though, that performance ain't massively different from how he wants us to play. How many times last season did we watch how we played and moan at the lack of chances, shots on goal, risks being taken, lack of flair, lack of tempo and urgency etc. According to some, he just needed a summer to shape his team. He's had it, but we're the fucking same. It's how he plays, its dull as fuck, and at best we'll scrape fourth. I'm watching sides like Swansea, West Ham, fucking Leicester - they're more entertaining than we are!!
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
Fair enough, I only caught snippets of his comments. The bottom line is the same for me though, that performance ain't massively different from how he wants us to play. How many times last season did we watch how we played and moan at the lack of chances, shots on goal, risks being taken, lack of flair, lack of tempo and urgency etc. According to some, he just needed a summer to shape his team. He's had it, but we're the fucking same. It's how he plays, its dull as fuck, and at best we'll scrape fourth. I'm watching sides like Swansea, West Ham, fucking Leicester - they're more entertaining than we are!!

Aye I watched the Leicster highlights with more interest tbf, don't worry Fellani is only suspended for another two games........ :(( :))
Lazarus
Legend

5 years ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
He's a stubborn, self indulgent fuck??? So you can't tell yourself it was the first game of the season etc, etc?
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

5 years ago

FFS. That's what I'm saying. Have you read my posts?

Yes, it was the first game of the season. So you don't expect everyone firing on all cylinders. But what I saw wasn't a case of fitness or sharpness. It was intent. that performance mirrored 80% of what I saw last season, with the exception of everyone being knackered after 75 mins.
Davey-boy
Legend

5 years ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:FFS. That's what I'm saying. Have you read my posts?

Yes, it was the first game of the season. So you don't expect everyone firing on all cylinders. But what I saw wasn't a case of fitness or sharpness. It was intent. that performance mirrored 80% of what I saw last season, with the exception of everyone being knackered after 75 mins.
It's a fair point... But that does seem to be his way doesn't it...to bore the opposition to death almost.
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

5 years ago

Time will tell. It could be that in five games time we're all high fiving and sucking each other's dicks, but I don't see it.