vs Tottenham

Forum for match day threads
Snoopcousins
Legend

4 years ago

Rooney was non-existent , not sure If LVGs fault for that but he didn't offer anything when he did get the ball- it always looked like he was tripping over the ball...and that goal- he nearly fucked that up before Walker helped him out....
Remember his goals in his heyday season- the amount of first time finishes from RW crosses - he would hVe snapped that one up today no problem- now he looks half the player...

Darmain looked very solid...offered a big gojng forward and combined well with Mata, made a few good interceptions too..

Schnederlein started nervously- but ended up top passes and most interceptions/tackles... Think he'll be a starter

Bastian looked a proper leader and will be essential he's fit for the CL... Think it will be between him and Carrick most matches

Why is LVG playing Delay at 10?!
He should be on RW with Mata at 10
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Davey-boy
Legend

4 years ago

bman2 wrote:I don't know if Rooney has gotten worse or if our style of play just doesn't suit him, but I'm leaning towards to the former because you can't blame tactics for consistently failing to control the ball when it does come to you. He was literally inept. Walker bailed him and us out with that OG because there's no reason to think Rooney would have buried it in the back of the net.

Van Gaal has to make a change. I'd try Mata as the 9, his touch and control are what's sorely needed in the box. Granted he's not an obvious choice for a striker, but he's got a shot on him, clever movement, and he'd be good at laying it off to the likes of Memphis, Herrera, and hopefully Pedro. Right now Rooney's feet are where our attacking moves go to die, and it's been like that for close to a dozen games in a row if you add this match to the end of last season.
Or we could just buy another striker? Mata gets pushed around too much to be an effective no9 I think. His touch is lovely though...couple of times today it was superb.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

Davey-boy wrote:
bman2 wrote:I don't know if Rooney has gotten worse or if our style of play just doesn't suit him, but I'm leaning towards to the former because you can't blame tactics for consistently failing to control the ball when it does come to you. He was literally inept. Walker bailed him and us out with that OG because there's no reason to think Rooney would have buried it in the back of the net.

Van Gaal has to make a change. I'd try Mata as the 9, his touch and control are what's sorely needed in the box. Granted he's not an obvious choice for a striker, but he's got a shot on him, clever movement, and he'd be good at laying it off to the likes of Memphis, Herrera, and hopefully Pedro. Right now Rooney's feet are where our attacking moves go to die, and it's been like that for close to a dozen games in a row if you add this match to the end of last season.
Or we could just buy another striker? Mata gets pushed around too much to be an effective no9 I think. His touch is lovely though...couple of times today it was superb.
Yeah, Mata has too much creativity to be wasted on Van Galls idea of what a striker does... few touches, and 2/3 chances at goal...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

4 years ago

'Through our transitions we created lots of chances'.

Get fucked.
Snoopcousins
Legend

4 years ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:'Through our transitions we created lots of chances'.

Get fucked.
We made 2 chances today....
Rooneys one that Walker scored and the one shot that Young had
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

4 years ago

i stopped watching and went to the gym tbf
lkhm

hoofing
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:i stopped watching and went to the gym tbf
lol...

Janitor?
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
danniitronix
Legend

4 years ago

We won. Mediocre performance by all accounts.
No fuck or shit given.
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:i stopped watching and went to the gym tbf

A mixer with the boys at the YMCA isn't technically a gym tbf
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
madredmonkey
Legend

4 years ago

It's worrying that we are not creating chances, it's been that way for a while, I dont think Rooney is up to it, he needs support.
LEFT THE SITE SADLY GOT BORED OVER THE LAST 12 MONTHS, NOT WHAT IT USTED TO BE, GOODBYE TO THE FELLOW MEMBERS.
JUST NEED SOMETHING NEW.