vs Tottenham

Forum for match day threads
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:we wont get a striker, we'll get a shite player from barcelona wholl take matas place, his job will be to sit at the back post and wait for scraps off overhit young crosses tbf

Pedros not shite though
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
swampash
Legend

4 years ago

Could be wrong, but I just don't think there are any top class strikers who are actively looking for a move at the moment.
Plus we've upped the overall quality of the squad by bringing in good pros rather than a bunch of prima donnas. Pedro looks like he fits that bill too, so should be a good addition.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Steggo
Legend

4 years ago

madmax wrote:
danniitronix wrote:We won. Mediocre performance by all accounts.
No fuck or shit given.
spoken like a true top red. kudos danni
Danni is right-less than mediocre,actually,boring but a win. Nothing to inspire Rooney looks done for,no wonder he's talking about America.As others have pointed out,that chance would have been in the back of the net before Walker was within 5 yds a couple of years ago. You see control and hesitation like that every week in the amateur leagues. I really don't want to knock Rooney but he is not the player he was and seems isolated. Maybe its the way he's being asked to play,after all both Falcao and Van Persie seemed neutered last season in which case a new striker is not going to make much difference because of the number of chances created in the box is minimal (yesterday being an example).If chances are to be created Mata has to play as a 10 with Herrera as the forward midfielder.
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

Depay and Mata should swap positions until Pedro takes Youngs place tbf
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

Steggo wrote:
madmax wrote:
No fuck or shit given.
Danni is right-less than mediocre,actually,boring but a win. Nothing to inspire Rooney looks done for,no wonder he's talking about America.As others have pointed out,that chance would have been in the back of the net before Walker was within 5 yds a couple of years ago. You see control and hesitation like that every week in the amateur leagues. I really don't want to knock Rooney but he is not the player he was and seems isolated. Maybe its the way he's being asked to play,after all both Falcao and Van Persie seemed neutered last season in which case a new striker is not going to make much difference because of the number of chances created in the box is minimal (yesterday being an example).If chances are to be created Mata has to play as a 10 with Herrera as the forward midfielder.
You make a good point there Steggs... we've not had a single striker look like a proper striker under Van Gall... and we've had 3 of the best... Falcao, Van persie, and Rooney... all top class at one time... is it that all three are finished??... or it the way Van Gall uses them as players???
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Steggo wrote:
madmax wrote:
No fuck or shit given.
You make a good point there Steggs... we've not had a single striker look like a proper striker under Van Gall... and we've had 3 of the best... Falcao, Van persie, and Rooney... all top class at one time... is it that all three are finished??... or it the way Van Gall uses them as players???
Even young Wilson, people were saying he's shite but if three supposedly top drawer forwards can't get any mojo going........
Lazarus
Legend

4 years ago

Oh no the sky's falling, Rooney is finished........ ffs!
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Spudiator
Star Man

4 years ago

I'm surprised how good Romero looked. I really didn't think he'd get the nod for the game, but I thought he looked very commanding and confident. Makes me wonder why we are still being linked with crazily expensive de Gea replacements like Cillesen, who I'm not convinced would necessarily be any better than Romero.

If I was de Gea, I'd be feeling a tad uneasy right about now, this Real Madrid saga is really dragging on, and if it doesn't get resolved before the transfer window shuts he's really gonna have to work to earn his place back.
Dosdamt
Star Man

4 years ago

This is the gruelly shite we'll be getting served up all year. Pretty sure top 4 is probably the best we'll see.
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

We are shite at buying players, I think LVG is fucked off, I know we should be playing a better style of football but Id like to see what the cunt can do when he gets players he wants, fuckin window shoppers we are. Need Pedro and a proper no. 9 and Blind should never be a centre half