vs Tottenham

Forum for match day threads
Davey-boy
Legend

4 years ago

[flash=] [/flash]
redzebs wrote:
Davey-boy wrote:If he goes Romero, it'll end in tears. He's only just met the players.
Play Johnstone

Yip.

Should fuckin play De Gea until he's sold ffs.
Yes, that decision is fucking madness.
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

Especially as LVG says its his decision not DDGs
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Spudiator
Star Man

4 years ago

Given the reason for Schweinsteiger and Rojo not starting, I'd be very surprised if Romero got the nod. Johnstone seems a certainty.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

4 years ago

Johnstone is a good young keeper. He won't let anyone down if given a chance.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

redzebs wrote:
Davey-boy wrote:If he goes Romero, it'll end in tears. He's only just met the players.
Play Johnstone

Yip.

Fuck no... you can't play De Gea... that's got disaster all over it... his head's not in it, so he's likely to fuck it up... but even if his head IS in it, honest mistakes will be blown into all sorts of conspiracy nonsense by the press... this situation is out of control now, and it's his and Reals fault...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
bman2
Legend

4 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
redzebs wrote:
Play Johnstone

Yip.

Fuck no... you can't play De Gea... that's got disaster all over it... his head's not in it, so he's likely to fuck it up... but even if his head IS in it, honest mistakes will be blown into all sorts of conspiracy nonsense by the press... this situation is out of control now, and it's his and Reals fault...
I'd say we'll have sold him by this time next week. Then again, Woodward might also just take it down the very close of the window. The way I'd play it is, just sign his expensive replacement now if there's one they have in mind (Lloris, Clessen?, whoever) and just give every indication that you're willing to just let De Gea rot. Don't answer Real's calls, don't answer his agents calls. Let the player, his family, and Mendes start shitting themselves as the days tick by, have them scream at Real, leak shit to the rabid Spanish papers. If a journalist asks about De Gea, Van Gaal should just say "who the fuck's that?"

At the end of the window, Woodward can always just call Real and say fine, have the cunt for however much they are offering. But until then, you might as well see if you can put the heat on.

The best way to negotiate with a guy like Mendes is just to ignore him until it suits you to talk to him, his ego will get the better of him.
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

We could make Real wait until september 1st until we hand him over so they have to play a couple of games without him, just to be shits like
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

4 years ago

If we really want to make a statement, we should stick him in the reserves for a year. Not financially prudent, but it wouldn't half send a fucking message.
bman2
Legend

4 years ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:If we really want to make a statement, we should stick him in the reserves for a year. Not financially prudent, but it wouldn't half send a fucking message.
It's not a crazy idea, if Real are only offering €20-25M like the rumours say. When we sold Ronaldo, we signalled that we were a second tier club, a club for the really big clubs to poach from, whether we wanted to sell the players or not. And it's been that way ever since. It might well be worth taking the hit on £15M or so to start changing that perception. We have to change that perception, if not for pride ffs, then at least in recognition of the fact that financially we're as big as they come. When people like Mendes and Di Maria sign a contract with Manchester United, they should be taking it seriously. You can be damn sure that they take it seriously when they sign for Spurs.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

bman2 wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
redzebs wrote:
Play Johnstone

Yip.

I'd say we'll have sold him by this time next week. Then again, Woodward might also just take it down the very close of the window. The way I'd play it is, just sign his expensive replacement now if there's one they have in mind (Lloris, Clessen?, whoever) and just give every indication that you're willing to just let De Gea rot. Don't answer Real's calls, don't answer his agents calls. Let the player, his family, and Mendes start shitting themselves as the days tick by, have them scream at Real, leak shit to the rabid Spanish papers. If a journalist asks about De Gea, Van Gaal should just say "who the fuck's that?"

At the end of the window, Woodward can always just call Real and say fine, have the cunt for however much they are offering. But until then, you might as well see if you can put the heat on.

The best way to negotiate with a guy like Mendes is just to ignore him until it suits you to talk to him, his ego will get the better of him.
I can't find the links, but I read a couple articles earlier, that basically said, Mendes is pissed off with Perez... apparently, Mendes had promised De Gea that he'd sort the move, and had an agreement in principal with Woodworm... United wanted £30mill, and Mendes was sure he could make that happen, but Real have debts... again... and Perez didn't think it was right to have to pay so much for a player with only one year left on his contract, and besides, who was United to get in the way of Real getting their man anyway...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."