vs Tottenham

Forum for match day threads
Spudiator
Star Man

5 years ago

redzebs wrote:If DDG plays next Wednesday is he cup tied for the champos league until January if we qualify?
I'm not sure about that. I'm not 100% certain, but I believe the qualifiers aren't counted, but I could be wrong.
Davey-boy
Legend

5 years ago

They said on radio earlier that they count if your team gets through to the champs league proper, but don't if you're put out.
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

5 years ago

Stick the cunt in the reserves and let him rot for a year. He's taken the piss.
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:Stick the cunt in the reserves and let him rot for a year. He's taken the piss.

If he plays to his level and stays Id say we got our monies worth, yes he should sign a new contract but he won't so it won't be the most amicable of partings next summer but putting him in the reserves is silly, a) he's stopping the progress of other keepers in our reserves/youth, unless you want to not even play him in the reserves, thats just throwing money away and b) he's still probably our best player ffs, of he stays and doesn't sulk, he's a priceless asset in what will be a hard season
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Davey-boy
Legend

5 years ago

Hopefully he'll knuckle down for the season, he'll need to, to make the Spanish team for the euros.
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

If there's a chance he'll put in a half arsed performance then you can't play him

We always beat Tottenham, and they'll be knackered after playing 2 games mid week, so we can't be losing this one to a crap save from De Gea

Go with Romero
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

Would you not say then start with Johnston? Romero Id give a few cup games to first.
Davey-boy
Legend

5 years ago

Isn't Romero meant to be a bit shit?
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

Davey-boy wrote:Isn't Romero meant to be a bit shit?

Id give him a few reserve games anyway first
Davey-boy
Legend

5 years ago

We've got about a hundred fucking keepers at the club, can't one of them do the job?