United v Arsenal - Sunday

Forum for match day threads
bman2
Legend

4 years ago

lars072 wrote:
Lazarus wrote:
lars072 wrote:Sad to see DDG leave United in this way. He is the only United player I really wanted to stay. Honestly which player in this squad do you really love? It's a huge load of crap
Rooney.
Not me. Once he asked to leave United that was it for me.
To go to fucking City. An empty fucking stadium for a few more quid a week that he already doesn't know how to spend.
madredmonkey
Legend

4 years ago

Lazarus wrote:So just saw the replay of the goal, what did Blackett do so badly wrong??? He got out to him, didn't dive in and got his foot to the ball, a split second earlier or later and it was out of play or saved. Knocking a 21 year old academy player in his first season for that, wise the fuck up!
Agree.
LEFT THE SITE SADLY GOT BORED OVER THE LAST 12 MONTHS, NOT WHAT IT USTED TO BE, GOODBYE TO THE FELLOW MEMBERS.
JUST NEED SOMETHING NEW.
Davey-boy
Legend

4 years ago

I don't dislike Blackett, think he's played ok when I've seen him. He's a kid ffs and he's been playing in a shite defence when he's come in.
madredmonkey
Legend

4 years ago

Thought we did ok today , unlucky goal against,
But few new players and we will improve.
LEFT THE SITE SADLY GOT BORED OVER THE LAST 12 MONTHS, NOT WHAT IT USTED TO BE, GOODBYE TO THE FELLOW MEMBERS.
JUST NEED SOMETHING NEW.
bman2
Legend

4 years ago

Ridiculous getting on Blackett's case for that ffs.

I'm more than happy with the way the match panned out. We totally outplayed Arsenal, missing key players, and the areas we were deficient we already knew about. Need a match winner (maybe Depay will be that without even getting another in). Need a Carrick replacement. Need someone better than Fellaini. Need some quality center backs, one if not two of them.

In contrast, Arsenal basically had a full strength team and were lucky to nick a goal with a deflection off a young substitute. Bra fucking o. I can't understand how pundits go on with this "arsenal will be contenders next season" shit. Yeah they look great against weak teams when the pressure's off because the title is already out of their reach. They come to a decent club's ground, boom, they're fucking inept. Same old same old. Wenger's well fucking past it, he should be running an academy training kids, because he's no interest in competing for trophies, he lost the bottle for it a decade ago.
Lazarus
Legend

4 years ago

bman2 wrote:
lars072 wrote:
Lazarus wrote:
lars072 wrote:Sad to see DDG leave United in this way. He is the only United player I really wanted to stay. Honestly which player in this squad do you really love? It's a huge load of crap
Rooney.
To go to fucking City. An empty fucking stadium for a few more quid a week that he already doesn't know how to spend.
So why didn't he go if that's what he really wanted??? Do you remember what we thought about Fergie and the management back then, you know when Rooney was being played out wide and miserable as fuck. Easier just to blame Rooney....... Here refresh your memory...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... ity-united

Sounds like a load of bollocks to me, lot's of money men taking advantage of a very real issue between Rooney and Fergie. Rooney was always going to get paid anyway.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
bman2
Legend

4 years ago

Lazarus wrote:
bman2 wrote:
lars072 wrote:
Lazarus wrote:
Rooney.
So why didn't he go if that's what he really wanted??? Do you remember what we thought about Fergie and the management back then, you know when Rooney was being played out wide and miserable as fuck. Easier just to blame Rooney....... Here refresh your memory...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... ity-united

Sounds like a load of bollocks to me, lot's of money men taking advantage of a very real issue between Rooney and Fergie. Rooney was always going to get paid anyway.
Why didn't he go? Because we gave him more money. Oh sorry, did you think he was standing on principle and turned down the pay raise?
marlon
Legend

4 years ago

Everyone wants Blackett and the rest to succeed but he's not close to the level required to even be useful backup. In the games where we haven't played the kids/midfielders at centre back, our point rate is significantly better. Over a full season it works out to 87 points with Jones/Evans/Smalling/Rojo at CB or 56 points with at least one of McNair/Blind/Carrick/Blackett playing there. They're just not good enough yet.
Lazarus
Legend

4 years ago

That's right it was all about the money and he should have set the standard for the rest of the world by saying ' "No. No, I'm not taking it, people like Bman and Dozer will not respect me in the future. Fergie and the Glazers can do what they want but not me. You'd never find me arguing over race horses or signing book deals, or taking millions out of the club i now own through some kind of financial chicanery. Im better than that i want to do it with as much class as any 24 year old can muster!"
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
just1n
Legend

4 years ago

Rooney saw Ronaldo and Tevez leave to get replaced by shite. Minimum investment. In the market for potential instead of proven quality. He called it as we all see it. No problems there.
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]