vs City

Forum for match day threads
marlon
Legend

4 years ago

Can we afford to drop him? We don't have enough good passers in this team and he's probably our best
tom
First Teamer

4 years ago

Mata shits on Herrera tbf. Herrera's good but there's no fucking way I'd pick him in a straight choice between the two.

Good job we don't have to choose hey!
bman2
Legend

4 years ago

tom wrote:Mata shits on Herrera tbf. Herrera's good but there's no fucking way I'd pick him in a straight choice between the two.

Eh, different styles. Herrera's more of proper CM, Mata pretty clearly an "attacking midfielder". Without someone like Herrera giving him the ball, Mata wouldn't do anything.
dozer
Legend

4 years ago

bman2 wrote:
tom wrote:Mata shits on Herrera tbf. Herrera's good but there's no fucking way I'd pick him in a straight choice between the two.

Eh, different styles. Herrera's more of proper CM, Mata pretty clearly an "attacking midfielder". Without someone like Herrera giving him the ball, Mata wouldn't do anything.
There's a bigger chance Herrera will start more games than Mata tbf. He lost out on a place when Rooney was in midfield but now, he has no one to compete with.
Mata has to compete with Di Maria. Di Maria will still get opportunities.
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

I think if we change the system then he might have problems but he's fuckin class, I think if we sign the proper midfielder we've been craving for years, actually two, one hard fucker/dm and a creative player, then we'll find a place for him no problem, he doesn't need to hug the touch line and whip in crosses all the time, if he has the protection behind him and we sign an actual RB to help as well, both going forward and defensively covering our more technical players ahead of them. The team is skewed at the minute but its working, if he decides he wants a proper 4-3-3 then Fellani is as likely to be benched, because he's playing well, and Id keep him but he doesn't really fit any of the traditional positions in that system, he'd end up at 10 or too far left on the midfield three knocking balls down for the winger which he's doing a bit of both at the minute, to decent effect as it causes chaos, but in the champos league, Im not so sure our current system would be as efficient considering the best English teams we are currently battering were shite in Europe. We'd need to be more disciplined. If Mata could play in a midfield 3 beside Herrera with someone protecting their backs it would be class, but he's played further back this season albeit half the time beside Rooney or in that 3 in the back system and it wasn't really working.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
swampash
Legend

4 years ago

This might have already been commented on, but did you notice how often DDG managed to hit a United player with his kick outs. Rarely seen such accuracy from a keeper's kicks before.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Red legend
Star Man

4 years ago

swampash wrote:This might have already been commented on, but did you notice how often DDG managed to hit a United player with his kick outs. Rarely seen such accuracy from a keeper's kicks before.

His distribution has to be one of the best in the PL. And his awareness with us playing a high line is superb .
Lazarus
Legend

4 years ago

I think Fergie said it was one of his great strengths, that and shot stopping. He is great at it.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X