vs City

Forum for match day threads
dozer
Legend

4 years ago

Yeah, Herrera seems to fit in better.
He still needs to work on his game; he was dispossessed quite often in the game yesterday.
Not cool Ander, not cool.
just1n
Legend

4 years ago

Sid wrote:Toure is finished tbf

Laughing and joking with Fellaini at one point, as he failed to mark him or even compete with him
I kinda agree with this, but it's crazy how they expose the midfield by playing two in there against most teams. Suicidal tactics.
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
bman2
Legend

4 years ago

just1n wrote:
Sid wrote:Toure is finished tbf

Laughing and joking with Fellaini at one point, as he failed to mark him or even compete with him
I kinda agree with this, but it's crazy how they expose the midfield by playing two in there against most teams. Suicidal tactics.
Well it's definitely suicidal when one of the two, Toure, couldn't be bothered defending. What a deadbeat. City bought too many players with loser's attitudes that other clubs were delighted to be rid of for good money. They could do with fewer Toures and Nasris and more Herreras and Blinds.
bman2
Legend

4 years ago

dozer wrote:Yeah, Herrera seems to fit in better.
He still needs to work on his game; he was dispossessed quite often in the game yesterday.
Not cool Ander, not cool.
Other teams rough him up now, he needs to learn to deal with that.
bman2
Legend

4 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Snoopcousins wrote:
Sid wrote:Since joining the Prem no midfielder has scored or assisted more goals than Mata apparently

67 goals and assists
I really hope we don't sell him in the summer...
It's great having players like him and Herrera who actually have he technique to hold onto the ball in tight situations and with composure too...

It's going to be tough for LVG to decide who to leave out and who to replace...

If ADM leaves I'd like to see Depay come in...
And I really want a fresh replacement for Carrick...whoever that might be...
Then just a CB and maybe a RB...

In attack it's not so clear cut...RVP will leave and prob Falcao ..so what if Rooney gets injured?
Can we really rely on Chico or Wilson as our number 1 striker?
I like Mata, but of the 2, I'd rather have Herrera... Mata is quality going forward, but you get nothing from him defensively... Herrera's not afraid of a tackle... if you can build a team that doesn't need Mata to track back, then he's an easy choice...
I think Mata puts a shift in defensively. I don't see him making many tackles (or any?) but he does make the effort to get back into position and cut off the passes. I wouldn't quite call him a "luxury" player. Anyway, as long as he keeps scoring and assisting, you sort of have to keep him in the team don't you?
dozer
Legend

4 years ago

bman2 wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Snoopcousins wrote:
Sid wrote:Since joining the Prem no midfielder has scored or assisted more goals than Mata apparently

67 goals and assists
It's great having players like him and Herrera who actually have he technique to hold onto the ball in tight situations and with composure too...

In attack it's not so clear cut...RVP will leave and prob Falcao ..so what if Rooney gets injured?
I like Mata, but of the 2, I'd rather have Herrera... Mata is quality going forward, but you get nothing from him defensively... Herrera's not afraid of a tackle... if you can build a team that doesn't need Mata to track back, then he's an easy choice...
I think Mata puts a shift in defensively. I don't see him making many tackles (or any?) but he does make the effort to get back into position and cut off the passes. I wouldn't quite call him a "luxury" player. Anyway, as long as he keeps scoring and assisting, you sort of have to keep him in the team don't you?
Mata lacks the intelligence to defend.
He tracks back but he doesn't have the aptitude. He loses the player quite often and leaves our defence in shambles.
Mata should be put in a position/system that doesn't require him to defend. But that isn't happening.
I think he'd lose out on a place next season, if we buy an attacker.
just1n
Legend

4 years ago

Latest podcast out on main site.
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

dozer wrote:
bman2 wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Snoopcousins wrote:

67 goals and assists

Mata lacks the intelligence to defend.
He tracks back but he doesn't have the aptitude. He loses the player quite often and leaves our defence in shambles.
Mata should be put in a position/system that doesn't require him to defend. But that isn't happening.
I think he'd lose out on a place next season, if we buy an attacker.
He doesn't lack intelligence... he lacks bollocks... he's top class with the ball at his feet, and he seems like a really nice fellow, but he's a soft shite... not an aggressive bone in him...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Steggo
Legend

4 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:he lacks bollocks..
He can't tackle but he certainly takes a tackle well-no writhing about. Shows some sort of balls.
Snoopcousins
Legend

4 years ago

Steggo wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:he lacks bollocks..
He can't tackle but he certainly takes a tackle well-no writhing about. Shows some sort of balls.
I agree....I like having a player like him in our team, he's a bit more of a European-good technique kind of player we Havnt had in a while...
Hold into the ball well, he can ride a tackle and also can buy a foul in dangerous positions...
I like him, surely if we Hav a Carrick or Strootman etc behind him and other more defensive attackers like Young/Fellaini he can roam more and get into good positions...

You can't argue with his goals/assists stats and he's genuinely loving playing for us...
If LVG thought be wasnt tracking back enough defensively then he'd be leaving him out...but he seems a nailed on starter atm...and obv seems to be keeping ADM out...which is working for us
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018