vs Aston Villa

Forum for match day threads
Lazarus
Legend

4 years ago

bman2 wrote:That's a hell of a shot. Rooney needed that, he's been on the verge of falling into one of his slumps recently.
Just reading through the match posts now and got to this post.......... Your a dick!
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
marlon
Legend

4 years ago

Feels a bit like the season's over. 7 games to go, but CL should be sorted now and we can't win anything.
Lazarus
Legend

4 years ago

Get in, worth the wait. If we can keep this up for the rest of the season the summer could be interesting. LVG with a full summer and us with the CL to aim for..... There's light at the end of the tunnel.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

marlon wrote:Feels a bit like the season's over. 7 games to go, but CL should be sorted now and we can't win anything.
Hey, we've still got some great games coming... chance to stuff the Bitters into 4th, which will be grand... won't catch Chelsea, (unless they collapse), but we can still take points off them and make it interesting...

Then there's the hope that with our CL spot safe, we'll play with more freedom... maybe give a bit of game time to some of the hungry kids... just enjoy the football for a change...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
madredmonkey
Legend

4 years ago

Good result yesterday,
The only downside was at 1-0, it took us so long to get the second, keeping villa in the game, then when we got it we though it away a minute later, keeper should have saved it, but you can't slag him off he has saved us so many times this season.
LEFT THE SITE SADLY GOT BORED OVER THE LAST 12 MONTHS, NOT WHAT IT USTED TO BE, GOODBYE TO THE FELLOW MEMBERS.
JUST NEED SOMETHING NEW.
johnnycashmere

4 years ago

Given the fact Valencia was playing RB he did well to be involved in the final 3rd for 90 mins. If you didn't know any better you would assume he was playing RM. Says a lot for Villa's attacking threat though.
zzzzzds
First Teamer

4 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
marlon wrote:Feels a bit like the season's over. 7 games to go, but CL should be sorted now and we can't win anything.
Hey, we've still got some great games coming... chance to stuff the Bitters into 4th, which will be grand... won't catch Chelsea, (unless they collapse), but we can still take points off them and make it interesting...

Then there's the hope that with our CL spot safe, we'll play with more freedom... maybe give a bit of game time to some of the hungry kids... just enjoy the football for a change...
Don't tempt providence Alf, we haven't locked anything up yet. Go back three years and we had an 8 point lead over citeh and most United fans were congratulating themselves. I had a feeling then they were a bit premature and the same applies now. There is still a lot of football to be played yet and we have a difficult run in to come. On current form we should be getting something from home games v citeh and Arsenal but if we don't and we lose to Chelsea, then the dippers and Spurs could be right back in it. So now isn't the time to start playing the kids until we have it completely secured and even then we should be looking for a top 3 position as we would then avoid a qualifier for the CL group phase. This would make a big difference in planning pre-season next year.

We should be looking to win all of our last 7 games and see where it takes us. That would give us a total of 83 pts which would be pretty impressive considering last seasons debacle and the injury ravaged start to the season we had. Also, seven wins would guarantee us 2nd place at least.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

zzzzzds wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:

Don't tempt providence Alf, we haven't locked anything up yet.
Of course not... Marlon said the season feels over, and I'm saying there's still some proper drama left yet...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
zzzzzds
First Teamer

4 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
zzzzzds wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:

Don't tempt providence Alf, we haven't locked anything up yet.
Of course not... Marlon said the season feels over, and I'm saying there's still some proper drama left yet...
Fair play, I think I took your comment ''with our CL spot safe' up slightly the wrong way.
Spudiator
Star Man

4 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
swampash wrote:Yeah...fingers crossed Palace stick it on City on Monday!
Haha... that's desperate... we'll have to do 'em ourselves at OT next week... the way it should be...
Ahem! You were saying, Alf?