vs Aston Villa

Forum for match day threads
swampash
Legend

4 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
swampash wrote:We just lost our cat too, just shy of 20 years. Awesome cat.
20 years???... fuck sake, that was one hard cat!
It's all the whisky he used to nick out of my glass...
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

swampash wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
It's all the whisky he used to nick out of my glass...
That'll do it...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

marlon wrote:
Sid wrote:
senna wrote:Pretty nice having a midfielder who scores goals again. Shows how shite its been before.
Yeah, class

I think his finishing is his best quality, he really knows what strike to hit and when

He's just a bit shite at the defensive stuff

But a proper United midfielder in his scoring, runs, vision, energy etc
Amazing considering he only scored 11 goals in 5 la liga seasons. Why do you think he's shite defensively?
His positioning is questionable as he chases the ball a lot, like Bielsa had em doing at Bilbao, when at United you need to keep the shape and stand off - not go after lone runners.

And too often he's miles ahead of the ball, waiting for it, which leaves a huge gap in midfield which the opposition exploit if we lose the ball. I think he lacks that defensive intuition you need as an all round midfielder. It also means means we struggle to get the ball from defence to attack because there's no link. He doesn't bring much physically either in terms of scrapping in the box.

He's an attacking midfielder though, and he's great at the most important thing which is scoring.

He's spoken about it a couple of times, about unlearning that Bilbao approach, and it will come because he's constantly saying he needs to improve. He's just said it again in his post match
swampash
Legend

4 years ago

dozer wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Must be the maine Coon.. Those cats live upto 20 I think.
Nah...long haired Scottish...probably explains the taste for single malts...
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

4 years ago

I've been travelling all day, sounds like some classy goals scored today. We are 1 point off second and we've been "shit" this season..... Title challenge next year??
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour and International Lovemaker to the Stars
swampash
Legend

4 years ago

Yeah...fingers crossed Palace stick it on City on Monday!
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

swampash wrote:Yeah...fingers crossed Palace stick it on City on Monday!
Haha... that's desperate... we'll have to do 'em ourselves at OT next week... the way it should be...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

4 years ago

The first time in what feels like forever, I feel like we can actually give City a proper game.
Snoopcousins
Legend

4 years ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:The first time in what feels like forever, I feel like we can actually give City a proper game.
Definately....
And will be a good template to see where we are and what positions we definately need to strengthen even tho we prob know...

Pressure should be off now for finshing fourth, he should be able to take the game to them and see
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:The first time in what feels like forever, I feel like we can actually give City a proper game.
Definately....
And will be a good template to see where we are and what positions we definately need to strengthen even tho we prob know...

Pressure should be off now for finshing fourth, he should be able to take the game to them and see
On form, we should do 'em... we've been excellent at home... be a great day for the fans... at home, on the up, against the Bitters who are struggling a bit... chance to set them back to fourth... OT will be rockin...