Forum for match day threads
dozer
Legend

4 years ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:
dozer wrote:
brianofnazarethffs wrote:
Steggo wrote:
brianofnazarethffs wrote:but never take the piss out of mental disabilities, that is too far.
Sorry? I am I reading this right? So physical disabilities are fair game?

Don't apologise. You are not reading it right. I didn't mention that "physical disability was fair game" you've assumed that because I didn't mention in the same sentence that physical disabilities are too far also. You've assumed and made a bit of a boob of yourself.

Just for your piece of mind, I don't think physical disabilities are kind to be making fun of... Though I've met a few who have physical disabilities that like to have a laugh as a way of coping with their disabilities and were quite light hearted about it!
It's peace of mind.

Just saying.
No no, that would be my peace of mind.... My mind is peaceful already, so no need to "just say".

For him to give myself or another member of the forum a piece of his mind on this matter is now up to him after he's been informed of my view on this whole matter. So for his piece of mind..........
Nice try but it's clear you meant to say "for your peace of mind".
Steggo
Legend

4 years ago

'You've assumed and made a bit of a boob of yourself'. [/quote]

Actually my 'peace of mind' is fine and, on this occasion,do not intend to give you a 'piece of my mind'. My questions to you were not meant as a slight,but to seek confirmation of your views. The debate was on the word 'spastic' and its use as a pejorative. So,in all honesty, I don't think I've made a 'boob' of myself this time.

Back on track-I was impressed by Matas performance on Sunday. His two goals were great but what really impressed was when Gerrard steamrollered him in the second half. It was a hard tackle by any standards and being so early after half time, must have hurt. There were no histrionics from Mata,no rolling about or screaming in agony,he just got up and got on with it. Class!!!
Last edited by Steggo on Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spudiator
Star Man

4 years ago

He seems like a very likeable type, Mata. No big ego or tantrums about not being an automatic starter, and he seems like he has a genuine affection for the club.
dozer
Legend

4 years ago

Steggo wrote:
dozer wrote:You've assumed and made a bit of a boob of yourself.
Actually my 'peace of mind' is fine and, on this occasion,do not intend to give you a 'piece of my mind'. My questions to you were not meant as a slight,but to seek confirmation of your views. The debate was on the word 'spastic' and its use as a pejorative. So,in all honesty, I don't think I've made a 'boob' of myself this time.

Back on track-I was impressed by Matas performance on Sunday. His two goals were great but what really impressed was when Gerrard steamrollered him in the second half. It was a hard tackle by any standards and being so early after half time, must have hurt. There were no histrionics from Mata,no rolling about or screaming in agony,he just got up and got on with it. Class!!!
That's not my quote mate/
Red legend
Star Man

4 years ago

Spudiator wrote:He seems like a very likeable type, Mata. No big ego or tantrums about not being an automatic starter, and he seems like he has a genuine affection for the club.
He seems a well balanced , intelligent man. He has a passion for learning apparently .

You can't help but like the lad.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

Red legend wrote:
Spudiator wrote:He seems like a very likeable type, Mata. No big ego or tantrums about not being an automatic starter, and he seems like he has a genuine affection for the club.
He seems a well balanced , intelligent man. He has a passion for learning apparently .

And this doesn't suck...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CAy5kyJUsAArGfW.jpg
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
just1n
Legend

4 years ago

I normally hate the ESPN pundits but Craig Burley hit's the nail on the head with this.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/video/espn-fc-t ... eo/2363835
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
Red legend
Star Man

4 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Red legend wrote:

And this doesn't suck...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CAy5kyJUsAArGfW.jpg
Impressive stats considering his lack of game time recently as well.
Spudiator
Star Man

4 years ago

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32042253

What an arrogant fucker. As I understand it, the FA can increase the standard 3-match ban if they think it's been appealed frivolously, so I really hope they put that to full use with this cunt!
dozer
Legend

4 years ago

Spudiator wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32042253

What an arrogant fucker. As I understand it, the FA can increase the standard 3-match ban if they think it's been appealed frivolously, so I really hope they put that to full use with this cunt!
He says he hasn't stamped DDG and contact was accidental.
Usually in these situations you can know from the reaction of the culprit.
He seemed okay to continue venting his anger instead of just apologising immediately.