Swansea v United

Forum for match day threads
dozer
Legend

4 years ago

I recall Van Gaal saying he gave the go ahead for Herrera even prior to his arrival at United so that's basically his signing.
I don't remember if he mentioned Shaw as well, but I think he did.
If Van Gaal didn't want a player to be signed he'd have said so and the kind of personality he has, he won't stand for it if the club just signs anyone he doesn't want.
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

I don't think he's powerful enough tbh you can see that in how the team has changed recently. His position is not as safe as you'd think.

And he doesn't run ths club. Woodward, the board and the Glazers do, and they are his bosses.

No matter how strong and powerful and ballsy you are, you don't want to lose your job. Even Fergie found that out in 2006
marlon
Legend

4 years ago

Well if he's taking the fans' advice, we'll have a bit more Rafael, Herrera, Mata and Januzaj and a bit less van Persie, Falcao and Fellaini.
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

You've literally had all of those except Raf

Herrera has started how many now, Mata has been crowbarred in for ages and Januzaj has had a proper run in the 11 with a few starts and looked total shite tbf
dozer
Legend

4 years ago

Sid wrote:You've literally had all of those except Raf

Herrera has started how many now, Mata has been crowbarred in for ages and Januzaj has had a proper run in the 11 with a few starts and looked total shite tbf
He's just hoping that the players from his avatar start - crazy tbf
bman2
Legend

4 years ago

marlon wrote:Well if he's taking the fans' advice, we'll have a bit more Rafael, Herrera, Mata and Januzaj and a bit less van Persie, Falcao and Fellaini.
Raf starts when he's fit, which is never. I think LVG sees Herrera and Mata as an either/or situation.
marlon
Legend

4 years ago

Rafael's been fit for at least a month. He's played for the U21s and every recent press conference, van Gaal says Carrick is the only injury.

Herrera's had 7 starts. Only Wilson, Rafael, Blackett, McNair and Januzaj have played less.

I doubt they've played a whole game together.
marlon
Legend

4 years ago

dozer wrote: He's just hoping that the players from his avatar start - crazy tbf
They play the kind of football I enjoy watching.