Swansea v United

Forum for match day threads
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

Nice one, Max. So more of the same.

Rooney up front again, Herrera starting, Van Gaal is listening to everything we say and it's still not working
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

Yep... that's about right... one thing to add though... you would not believe how shit Di Maria was...

Unless he shows something soon... he'll go down as big a flop as Torres at Chelsea...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

Sid wrote:Nice one, Max. So more of the same.

Rooney up front again, Herrera starting, Van Gaal is listening to everything we say and it's still not working
Doesn't seem to matter who he starts, or where he plays them... they just don't look like a team... and the attack is a bunch of strangers...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

You think how we used to play... 352 with everybody playing new roles, wingbacks, 3 up top sometimes, Rooney in midfield, short passing game, emphasis on control, all that shite

Now it has completely changed to a 442 compromise with a bloody British back 4, Rooney up front, a big man to lump the ball to, a midfielder in midfield, and the emphasis on quicker football, one touch, creating one v ones aka Fergie & Meulensteen football (which was equally shite toward the end of their reign)

And we're still shite

It might not be fan pressure that's resonsible for the change back to something more familiar tbh because who gives a fuck what they think. It might be Fergie forcing it, on purpose or inadvertently.

Remember Fergie said Moyes got the boot because the football we played under him was too slow
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

I can't believe Van Gall would take any shit off Ferguson...
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

Depends if he wants to keep the United job

Either that or he's taking shit from the fans which I find harder to believe

Something has inspired this grand change in the way we play
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

Sid wrote:Depends if he wants to keep the United job

Either that or he's taking shit from the fans which I find harder to believe

Something has inspired this grand change in the way we play
It could be as simple as the fact, his way wasn't working... that's why people were complaining in the first place... now, it's starting to look like it's not his formation, but his style of play, training methods, game instructions...
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

But they've worked everywhere else, and won him everything

This is getting a bit England. First you're scepitcal of the new manager's ideas, and you end up making him change them to what popular consensus considers correct. Then, when the team is still shit and you've been proven wrong, you blame trainnig methods, the umbrella, how strict he is, all manner of bullshit

You end up with nowhere to go until you realise... you're part of the problem, you're wanting something you can't have

Capello is a great manager but England were shit under him and his rigid 442. Why did he play a rigid shite 442, was it because he was bowing to the English/FA demands, or was the rigid 442 his idea, and that was the reason he got him the job because it's what we/the FA wanted. It's one or the other. Either way, it got him sacked, because it turns out we didn't want that. Well we do, but we want it to work like it did in 1966... but that's something you can't have

If Van Gaal isn't the man then we got it wrong again

So where do we go from there

I mean if he can't do it, with his european cups, numerous leagues, huge respect in the game... who can
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

So Rooney up front isn't working as it was meant to. He had to dive to find a goal which is pretty fucking pathetic

Herrera in midfield isn't working as it was meant to either

Two more solutions we came up with that haven't worked out

So if England's Wayne Rooney playing in his proper bloody position can't make our football any better, then it must be the midfield not finding the strikers runs, not playing em in, surely? Unless Rooney's just not as good up front as the desperate pleading hype over the last 4 or 5 months made out

Hence Gaal wanting a creative mid
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

Sid wrote:But they've worked everywhere else, and won him everything

This is getting a bit England. First you're scepitcal of the new manager's ideas, and you end up making him change them to what popular consensus considers correct. Then, when the team is still shit and you've been proven wrong, you blame trainnig methods, the umbrella, how strict he is, all manner of bullshit

You end up with nowhere to go until you realise... you're part of the problem, you're wanting something you can't have

Capello is a great manager but England were shit under him and his rigid 442. Why did he play a rigid shite 442, was it because he was bowing to the English/FA demands, or was the rigid 442 his idea, and that was the reason he got him the job because it's what we/the FA wanted. It's one or the other. Either way, it got him sacked, because it turns out we didn't want that. Well we do, but we want it to work like it did in 1966... but that's something you can't have

If Van Gaal isn't the man then we got it wrong again

So where do we go from there

I mean if he can't do it, with his european cups, numerous leagues, huge respect in the game... who can
Listen to yourself Sid... you make it sound like Van Gall was doing just fine until he decided to accommodate the whims of fickle fans... he's had a few decent results, scattered around the season... but let's not lose sight of the SUPPOSED world class players who might have had a hand in that...

But by far, the season has been an exercise in utter frustration... we're not just dropping points to rivals... we're getting our pants pulled down on regular basis by bottom dwellers... not one offs Sid... take a hard look at the whole season and count up the embarrassing results...

You talk about Van Galls reputation/experience... hasn't counted for much, has it??? Beaten twice by Swansea... fuck sake, and then you make the comparison to England... as if England can boast the likes of our attacking talent, that Van Gall doesn't seem to know what to do with...

Defend him if you like... it sure as fuck isn't the fans fault we're failing...