vs Preston

Forum for match day threads
swampash
Legend

5 years ago

bman2 wrote:
redzebs wrote:
swampash wrote:If we go for the same tactics in the next round, we're toast. IMHO.

Id agree but its Arsenal, we are their bogey team, surely its set up for a Utd Liverpool final, StevieGs last game and us winning?

Please? :-)
Every good side is Arsenal's bogey team.
=)), but that's kind of my point - are we yet a good side?
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

redzebs wrote:
Sid wrote:Well said, Spek

Redzebs, the only argument you have is that Rooney was "avoiding" the challenge, but look at this

Tthe challenge from the keeper (a foot ffs not a full on body smash) misses him. Then he falls down. He doesn't "jump out of the way" before the challenge comes in - he's still on his feet as the keepers' foot goes underneath him missing him completely, then he falls to the ground (he doesn't "jump out of the way" as is being suggested). So that's a classic dive.

And then as further proof he turns around and asks for it. Banged to rights.

And tbf it's what stirkers do, it's what managers demand their players do. It's culture. I know he's a lionheart and it hurts, but you need to come to terms with the fact that our players dive.

Lionheart? Im glad we've made peace Sid and I enjoy your opinions and respect them, but you seem to always have the faintest undercurrent of assumption that I am biased towards British players/systems/tactics,

When that is not the case, it could have been anyone last night, maybe you are right, to be honest I don't really give a fuck as I think we would have won anyway so it was not that controversial, but keep this notion of 442 with wingers malarky away from me, I just want to see good football and I embrace other systems and tactics, sure did I not tell you about my friend who has a Uefa A licence which is rare enough in Northern Ireland and how much I respected him for training his players and the way he has to stand up to the parents of the hoof it clear, get it up to the big man shite, he's now got a local team paired with Braga and he's been away studying at La Masia and with City, I complained about the three at the back shite because it was shite, if it was working well, Id be well chuffed, knobby is your man for a 442 debate tbf, but Im not a little Englander so I don't get this Lionheart British shit though I do like to see local talent being promoted and making it.
I'm just wumming

Clearly was a dive though, he's a cheat
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

Sid wrote:
redzebs wrote:
Sid wrote:Well said, Spek

Redzebs, the only argument you have is that Rooney was "avoiding" the challenge, but look at this

Tthe challenge from the keeper (a foot ffs not a full on body smash) misses him. Then he falls down. He doesn't "jump out of the way" before the challenge comes in - he's still on his feet as the keepers' foot goes underneath him missing him completely, then he falls to the ground (he doesn't "jump out of the way" as is being suggested). So that's a classic dive.

And then as further proof he turns around and asks for it. Banged to rights.

And tbf it's what stirkers do, it's what managers demand their players do. It's culture. I know he's a lionheart and it hurts, but you need to come to terms with the fact that our players dive.

Lionheart? Im glad we've made peace Sid and I enjoy your opinions and respect them, but you seem to always have the faintest undercurrent of assumption that I am biased towards British players/systems/tactics,

When that is not the case, it could have been anyone last night, maybe you are right, to be honest I don't really give a fuck as I think we would have won anyway so it was not that controversial, but keep this notion of 442 with wingers malarky away from me, I just want to see good football and I embrace other systems and tactics, sure did I not tell you about my friend who has a Uefa A licence which is rare enough in Northern Ireland and how much I respected him for training his players and the way he has to stand up to the parents of the hoof it clear, get it up to the big man shite, he's now got a local team paired with Braga and he's been away studying at La Masia and with City, I complained about the three at the back shite because it was shite, if it was working well, Id be well chuffed, knobby is your man for a 442 debate tbf, but Im not a little Englander so I don't get this Lionheart British shit though I do like to see local talent being promoted and making it.
I'm just wumming

Clearly was a dive though, he's a cheat

Aye to be honest I cant believe I gave enough of a fuck to type that long reply lol.

Cant even remember saying it was a pen, usually by 80mins in our matches, Im bored as fuck, because we've started lumping it if it isn't working or clinging on if we are winning, that Young sub was the exception rather than the rule, fuck imagine Falcoa off for Young getting suggested 6 months ok, we'd have had a rant meltdown lol
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
danniitronix
Legend

5 years ago

Disappointing but one of the symptoms of a Top Red is someone who is plastic, artificial and only sings when United are winning. A damning indictment. Suggest you support Chelsea and come back when we are playing to your taste.
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

danniitronix wrote:Disappointing but one of the symptoms of a Top Red is someone who is plastic, artificial and only sings when United are winning. A damning indictment. Suggest you support Chelsea and come back when we are playing to your taste.

I suggest you stick your face in a meat grinder tbf
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
dozer
Legend

5 years ago

http://sport.bt.com/sport-football/news ... 3962613820
Preston goalkeeper Thorsten Stuckmann has claimed that Wayne Rooney apologised for the way he won a penalty against him in Monday's fifth round FA Cup tie.

Manchester United and England skipper Rooney went down in the box to win the spot kick after Stuckmann rushed off his line to challenge him towards the end of the game.

The incident, which led to Rooney scoring from the spot to wrap up a 3-1 win for the Red Devils at Deepdale, created a storm of controversy as the 29-year-old was accused of diving after replays showed there was no contact.

"After the game Rooney told me: 'Sorry, it was my chance to get a penalty. I had to use that'," Stuckmann is quoted as saying in The Sun.
Noble Rooney being noble.
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

So he's just admitted that he dived

Yet some people still won't have it
dozer
Legend

5 years ago

Sid wrote:So he's just admitted that he dived

Yet some people still won't have it
How can anyone accuse noble Rooney of diving tbf.
swampash
Legend

5 years ago

Of course he fucking dived. Any striker in the same situation would have dived. What's the problem? Is Rooney supposed to be some kind of footballing saint? If he hadn't dived, would every striker due to play against us in the future follow his lead and decide to stop diving?
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

dozer wrote:
Sid wrote:Shocking dive from England's Wayne Rooney there, shocking

A cheat tbf
I'm sure Alf will revolt against Rooney now.
He hates Young and Alves because they're cheating cunts.
Or he'll come up with an excuse for Rooney again. Hmm. More likely the latter.
Hmm. Rooney dived because Van Gaal fucked him up playing him in midfield.
Van Gaal OUT!!!
Nope... Rooney was ok, not at his best... definitely dived... don't like that at all... no excuse... embarrassing... Van Gall still failing to get his attackers to play with any chemistry... but Rooney up front, and Herrera in midfield was better... he needs to stick with it...

See how that works Dozer???

Now how about you???

"Fellaini was fuckin dire... a useless 6 foot 4 inch pile of shit, who scored a goal, his only contribution of the night"... just put your signature to that Dozer...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."