vs Preston

Forum for match day threads
User avatar
redzebs
Legend
Posts: 11409
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

Sid wrote:How many England captain's are diving cheats, because there seems to be quite a few

Gerrard without a doubt, Rooney, Lampard will have done
But it was a pen, the keeper fucked up, what do you want him to do, carry on, take the foul and risk getting hurt, or do the noble thing and try and avoid a player whos clearly fouling him?

It was a pen, even ex cunt referees agree it was a pen regardless of Rooneys reaction, foul, pen, outside the box, no argument, free kick. Rules have to be the same.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
User avatar
spektarm
First Teamer
Posts: 286
Joined: 4 years ago

4 years ago

Jeez, are you guys taking the piss? Look at it, just look:

It's a blatant dive, there is NO CONTACT whatsoever. Football is soft as it is, and yet you claim fouls/pens should be awarded even with NO contact? Fucking hell.

You say he protected himself? FFS it's not like it was a two-footed challenge with the studs high or something... He even avoided the challenge and THEN dove, he could've gone on but he CHOSE to collapse to the ground. Seeing someone describe this as 'noble' really does my head in.

Just look at it and stop making shit up, it was a dive - end of story. It's not his first time, it won't be the last so let's admit it and move on...
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 23594
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

Well said, Spek

Redzebs, the only argument you have is that Rooney was "avoiding" the challenge, but look at this

Tthe challenge from the keeper (a foot ffs not a full on body smash) misses him. Then he falls down. He doesn't "jump out of the way" before the challenge comes in - he's still on his feet as the keepers' foot goes underneath him missing him completely, then he falls to the ground (he doesn't "jump out of the way" as is being suggested). So that's a classic dive.

And then as further proof he turns around and asks for it. Banged to rights.

And tbf it's what stirkers do, it's what managers demand their players do. It's culture. I know he's a lionheart and it hurts, but you need to come to terms with the fact that our players dive.
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 4390
Joined: 5 years ago

4 years ago

I have to say I was pretty horrified by that performance. I've been hoping like mad that we're 'getting there'. But now I'm on the verge of joining the ranks of those who feel despondent.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
User avatar
redzebs
Legend
Posts: 11409
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

Sid wrote:Well said, Spek

Redzebs, the only argument you have is that Rooney was "avoiding" the challenge, but look at this

Tthe challenge from the keeper (a foot ffs not a full on body smash) misses him. Then he falls down. He doesn't "jump out of the way" before the challenge comes in - he's still on his feet as the keepers' foot goes underneath him missing him completely, then he falls to the ground (he doesn't "jump out of the way" as is being suggested). So that's a classic dive.

And then as further proof he turns around and asks for it. Banged to rights.

And tbf it's what stirkers do, it's what managers demand their players do. It's culture. I know he's a lionheart and it hurts, but you need to come to terms with the fact that our players dive.

Lionheart? Im glad we've made peace Sid and I enjoy your opinions and respect them, but you seem to always have the faintest undercurrent of assumption that I am biased towards British players/systems/tactics,

When that is not the case, it could have been anyone last night, maybe you are right, to be honest I don't really give a fuck as I think we would have won anyway so it was not that controversial, but keep this notion of 442 with wingers malarky away from me, I just want to see good football and I embrace other systems and tactics, sure did I not tell you about my friend who has a Uefa A licence which is rare enough in Northern Ireland and how much I respected him for training his players and the way he has to stand up to the parents of the hoof it clear, get it up to the big man shite, he's now got a local team paired with Braga and he's been away studying at La Masia and with City, I complained about the three at the back shite because it was shite, if it was working well, Id be well chuffed, knobby is your man for a 442 debate tbf, but Im not a little Englander so I don't get this Lionheart British shit though I do like to see local talent being promoted and making it.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 4390
Joined: 5 years ago

4 years ago

If we go for the same tactics in the next round, we're toast. IMHO.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
User avatar
redzebs
Legend
Posts: 11409
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

swampash wrote:If we go for the same tactics in the next round, we're toast. IMHO.

Id agree but its Arsenal, we are their bogey team, surely its set up for a Utd Liverpool final, StevieGs last game and us winning?

Please? :-)
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
User avatar
Lazarus
Legend
Posts: 16159
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

Sid wrote:Well said, Spek

Redzebs, the only argument you have is that Rooney was "avoiding" the challenge, but look at this

Tthe challenge from the keeper (a foot ffs not a full on body smash) misses him. Then he falls down. He doesn't "jump out of the way" before the challenge comes in - he's still on his feet as the keepers' foot goes underneath him missing him completely, then he falls to the ground (he doesn't "jump out of the way" as is being suggested). So that's a classic dive.

And then as further proof he turns around and asks for it. Banged to rights.

And tbf it's what stirkers do, it's what managers demand their players do. It's culture. I know he's a lionheart and it hurts, but you need to come to terms with the fact that our players dive.
"And tbf it's what stirkers do, it's what managers demand their players do. It's culture. I know he's a lionheart and it hurts, but you need to come to terms with the fact that our players dive"

Shit our players dive....... Thanks Sid
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 4390
Joined: 5 years ago

4 years ago

redzebs wrote:
swampash wrote:If we go for the same tactics in the next round, we're toast. IMHO.

Id agree but its Arsenal, we are their bogey team, surely its set up for a Utd Liverpool final, StevieGs last game and us winning?

Please? :-)
At least it's at OT. Not optimistic though.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 7400
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

redzebs wrote:
swampash wrote:If we go for the same tactics in the next round, we're toast. IMHO.

Id agree but its Arsenal, we are their bogey team, surely its set up for a Utd Liverpool final, StevieGs last game and us winning?

Please? :-)
Every good side is Arsenal's bogey team.
Post Reply