vs Burnley

Forum for match day threads
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

If they score first the bedsheet is coming out, along with the pillows, bedsheet and mattress protector

"CUNT OUT NOW, NOT A CUNT IN"
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

4 years ago

I seriously want a convincing win. 3-4 nil. If not LVG out if anything less!
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour and International Lovemaker to the Stars
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

The way we've been playing, I'm not arsed about the score... he's fucked about with the starting 11 so much, I don't think we should expect any sort of rout... I just want to see him pick our best available 11, and play them where they belong, and then let them fuckin play... if he does that, I'd be happy enough with a convincing 2-0
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
bman2
Legend

4 years ago

Liverpool have been doing well since they shifted to three at the back, the difference there though is that they play 3-4-2-1 instead of 3-4-1-2, like we've done. That is, Rodgers goes for an extra 10 instead of two strikers. This seems a lot more sensible for us as well: LVG has been trying to cram Rooney, Persie, and Falcao into the team, even though at least two of those players are always shit. On the other hand, even after getting rid of Kagawa, we've still a fuckload of players who should be good 10s. If you think what we might look like with Rodgers system, just using the players who are currently fit and available, it might be something like this:

..........................DDG
........Jones.........Rojo.........Evans
Valencia....Herrera....Blind..........Di Maria
..................Januzaj...Mata
........................Rooney

Yeah we'd be narrow, but that's always the case with three at the back. But if you're going to play it, surely this is the way to do it -- lots of potential for good close passing and defence-opening trickery from those central midfielders and Rooney combining. If Carrick was available, him and Blind as a pair in front of the defence would offer good protection too, then Januzaj and Herrera as the 10s would give much better movement than Mata.

And if Fellaini steps on the pitch, it has to be as a defensive midfielder FFS. He's alright in that job, not top class, but alright. I can't stand this lobbing it up to bogbrush shit, it's embarrassing.
dozer
Legend

4 years ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:I seriously want a convincing win. 3-4 nil. If not LVG out if anything less!
You spoilt cunt.
dozer
Legend

4 years ago

If Rooney doesn't have a future as a striker then do we need him? Might as well sell him tbf.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

4 years ago

Not really arsed anymore,. Our problems run much deeper than anything which might be gleened from a game at home against relegation fodder.
Red legend
Star Man

4 years ago

Max. I don't see Gaal swallowing his pride on anything , it's not his way. Personally , I think he's so convinced he is right , that the problems lie elsewhere beyond his immediate control. If a problem occurs within the system he adopts , it's the players responsibility not his.

A chink in his armour . You can see this clearly in the over zealous cringe making stats he threw back at big Sam .
bman2
Legend

4 years ago

Actually, when you look at our results, it's the relegation fodder that are giving us problems. Our results against other "top 7" teams are pretty good (3-3-1 I think). But we've only beaten one of the bottom 5 or 6 teams at their own ground. The reason we're likely to miss out on the Champions League is because of draw after draw against mid- and bottom-table sides. I was looking at the run-in last night, and I think we might be fucked. Arsenal only have 2 or 3 games against top sides left, Southampton are similar. Both of those teams are pretty efficient at racking up the points against weaker teams, even if the top sides usually do them over. If Van Gaal doesn't find a way to make this team score goals, and especially away goals, starting right now, then we're fucked, totally fucked.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

I don't understand putting Rooney in midfiled, but I wouldn't put him up front either... he's our best number 10... why don't we just play him there???

....................Falcao

Di Maria.....Rooney.......Januzaj/Mata

...........Herrera......Blind

And whatever the fuck Van Gall reckons is our defence...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."