West Ham v United

Forum for match day threads
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

5 years ago

LVG talks so much sense after the game and I really think he sees the problem, but, there is no reflection on the pitch!
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
just1n
Legend

5 years ago

Some excellent football but why must it take going a goal down for us to show attacking urgency.
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
Steggo
Legend

5 years ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:LVG talks so much sense after the game and I really think he sees the problem, but, there is no reflection on the pitch!
No point speaking sense after the event!His tactics and substitutions leave a great deal to be desired. 3 draws in the Premier League today-that is about the level we are at. Van Gaal said last week that United had to learn how to 'kill' a game and then presided over an absolutely diabolical second half against Leicester.Same today for most of the game. Not good enough.
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

Simeone to fuck please, I respect LVG and the fact that it takes time to train players (ESPECIALLY British players to adapt to a new style and new concept) and if he was 10 years younger fair enough, if we could see progress then fine, but he's old now, he aint got years to teach a lacking squad as it is to completely revolutionise their game, because either, we'll have grinned and bared it in the hope the next manager can kick on, or we'll sack him because we miss top four.

Why the fuck is he trying to change the club instead of taking advantage of being the first manager in about 5 years to have a really decent squad and just play to the teams strengths, get a bit of success and pass the reigns. I respect that he doesn't give a fuck but its a shame he's going to get hit with a p45 rather than a final p60 in three years time, passing the gauntlet on and actually maybe having earned more respect and been giving some more to spend.

If we don't finish top 4, I cant see us going hey big spenders again. Wank.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
just1n
Legend

5 years ago

redzebs wrote:Simeone to fuck please, I respect LVG and the fact that it takes time to train players (ESPECIALLY British players to adapt to a new style and new concept) and if he was 10 years younger fair enough, if we could see progress then fine, but he's old now, he aint got years to teach a lacking squad as it is to completely revolutionise their game, because either, we'll have grinned and bared it in the hope the next manager can kick on, or we'll sack him because we miss top four.

Why the fuck is he trying to change the club instead of taking advantage of being the first manager in about 5 years to have a really decent squad and just play to the teams strengths, get a bit of success and pass the reigns. I respect that he doesn't give a fuck but its a shame he's going to get hit with a p45 rather than a final p60 in three years time, passing the gauntlet on and actually maybe having earned more respect and been giving some more to spend.

If we don't finish top 4, I cant see us going hey big spenders again. Wank.
Simeone does not do attacking football. Good organisation and defense for sure, but no flair.
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

just1n wrote:Some excellent football but why must it take going a goal down for us to show attacking urgency.
They sit off after they've scored, that gives us midfield and then more control and a chance to build attacks

When both teams are competing for the centre circle, the game is dogshit
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

bman2 wrote:What I don't understand is that he complains after the match that we didn't play it on the ground and win the second balls enough in the first half. But that's what Herrera would give him -- Rooney doesn't have the close control to do that when he's getting hard pressed by a side like West Ham, not when he's receiving the ball standing still in midfield anyway, maybe on the run like he would be as a forward.
Yeah, and not just that... but if we're not doing what he wants, then you've got to ask why???

What the fuck does he have them working on all week???

He must see something, because in training, they'd all be playing, drilling, showing what they can/can't do... and from what he sees in training, he picks his 11, gives them roles, lays his plans... and what... the players just fuck it all up???
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

5 years ago

When he arrived, there was a huge amount made of the fact that he was apparently a great communicator, very articulate in what he wants from players. But I'll be honest, most of the time I hear him speak I think 'what the fuck are you on about'?

I wonder if he's bamboozling some of the players with this 'philiosphy' bollocks. I'm not dismissing the importance of tactics, but Van Gaal strikes me as the type,who would absolutely overthink stuff. It ain't that complicated - organise a shape when you lose the ball, practice set pieces, pick a side with balance and give your attacking players the freedom to express themselves.

We do have some shite in the squad, and we do have problems, but I'd argue that there's more talent in that squad than the last squad that won the league.

He has the ego and track record to impose himself on the players and establish credibility, much more so than Moyes. But you can't tell me that the players must be starting to question him. Phil Jones taking corners was the last straw for me.
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
bman2 wrote:What I don't understand is that he complains after the match that we didn't play it on the ground and win the second balls enough in the first half. But that's what Herrera would give him -- Rooney doesn't have the close control to do that when he's getting hard pressed by a side like West Ham, not when he's receiving the ball standing still in midfield anyway, maybe on the run like he would be as a forward.
Yeah, and not just that... but if we're not doing what he wants, then you've got to ask why???

What the fuck does he have them working on all week???

He must see something, because in training, they'd all be playing, drilling, showing what they can/can't do... and from what he sees in training, he picks his 11, gives them roles, lays his plans... and what... the players just fuck it all up???
That's what he says. He said the players played the way he wanted in preseason, then reverted to type when the season started. Some of it is just nerves, especially from the British players. But he clearly has a bigger job on then he thought.

The question is though, if they can't pull it off every week, you have to bring players in that can, and that's a complete redesign and very expensive. And painful in the meantime.

And you've got the fans who are unconvinced, because they pay their money to see attacking football, drama, goals. He has to bring them that, he has to convince them his football will bring them that, otherwise you get division, and I reckon a few of these players will side with the fans and want a simpler approach
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

But that's the thing though Sid... really, football is a simple game... it's managers that make it complicated...

It's been proven with stats that, for the most part, the richest team wins... just because they've got better players... not tactics, or deep strategies... a good big'n beats a good little'n... more often than not...

Now, of course it's not that simple... and a top manager will get more from his players, and a collective unit will beat a team of individuals, and man management, and organising and training, etc, etc... top managers are worth their weight... but there's a saying in baseball, that "a manager can't win games but he can lose them"...

It really does look from the outside that Van Gaal is making this way more complicated than it needs to be...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."