West Ham v United

Forum for match day threads
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

marlon wrote:Doubt he'd change to a 3 again.

It's the set pieces I'm worried about. We've been shit all year and its West Hams biggest strength. Might even be worth starting Fellaini for this one. Smalling and Jones are probably the strongest in the air out of the CBs.

They're basically a shit team who dominate set pieces. If we can match them there we'll be fine
As much as I hate to admit it, I agree with that... time for Fellaini to earn his corn as a defensive mid... get those elbows out and shove one right through Carrolls face... payback for laying out De Gea last year...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
dozer
Legend

5 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
marlon wrote:Doubt he'd change to a 3 again.

It's the set pieces I'm worried about. We've been shit all year and its West Hams biggest strength. Might even be worth starting Fellaini for this one. Smalling and Jones are probably the strongest in the air out of the CBs.

They're basically a shit team who dominate set pieces. If we can match them there we'll be fine
As much as I hate to admit it, I agree with that... time for Fellaini to earn his corn as a defensive mid... get those elbows out and shove one right through Carrolls face... payback for laying out De Gea last year...
Agreed. He must play in midfield or be dropped for a proper striker up front. We can always bring him on if we aren't winning.
sheesh

5 years ago

Will he play Fellaini at centre back? Anything is possible with LVG.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

sheesh wrote:Will he play Fellaini at centre back? Anything is possible with LVG.
Oh fuck Sheeshy, I wouldn't go that far... you're right though, anything is possible with Gall...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
marlon
Legend

5 years ago

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... er-8597120

Herrera is behind di Maria, Mata and Rooney for CM. Rooney and his special privileges again. What's the point of Rooney in midfield?
Dosdamt
Star Man

5 years ago

He didn't say Fellaini was in the pecking order, because he's beyond challenge.
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

Dosdamt wrote:He didn't say Fellaini was in the pecking order, because he's beyond challenge.

No no,no, you are Dosdamt,

Not DOzer. :-)
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
dozer
Legend

5 years ago

marlon wrote:http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... er-8597120

Herrera is behind di Maria, Mata and Rooney for CM. Rooney and his special privileges again. What's the point of Rooney in midfield?
“I have to compare him with people like Rooney and Mata, for example, so that’s difficult, they are all at a high level - he has to improve,”

“So then the other places are the place of the position in this system that we are playing now with a number 10 and that’s Mata and that’s Di Maria. That’s difficult to compete against but he did already know that at the moment that he signed for Manchester United."

It's definitely not CM.
So he considers Herrera as a no 10 and not a CM. Interesting.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

dozer wrote:
marlon wrote:http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... er-8597120

“I have to compare him with people like Rooney and Mata, for example, so that’s difficult, they are all at a high level - he has to improve,”

“So then the other places are the place of the position in this system that we are playing now with a number 10 and that’s Mata and that’s Di Maria. That’s difficult to compete against but he did already know that at the moment that he signed for Manchester United."

It's definitely not CM.
So he considers Herrera as a no 10 and not a CM. Interesting.
He's full of shit... at present, he considers Fellaini a 10, and Rooney as an 11... it's just fuckin, make-it-up-as-you-go football, and it's ridiculous... his ideas make no fuckin sense... it's as if, he's trying to impress everyone by being deliberately controversial in his methods...
marlon
Legend

5 years ago

Don't think so Dozer. First he was saying cm with Rooney/ mata. Then he was saying he could also play as a 10, now we've switched to a system with a 10, but Mata and di Maria were ahead of him for that position. Unless he/you think we're playing 4132 with 3 10s, in which case it's not all that remarkable that he'd consider Herrera a '10'.