hoofing
Dosdamt
Star Man

4 years ago

Can be happy with the win. Performance is whatever I guess in the Cup
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

danniitronix wrote:Top Reds will still want a 7-0 because that is what 75,000 fans "deserve" but professional win with a clean sheet and through to the next round. Good to see Wilson take his chance again and LVG trusting a young talent.

Lack a lot of confidence at times, LVG will need to work on that. Doesn't come overnight - comes with consistency of team and partnerships developing. Still we are going forward and not backwards - although the pace of progression is slow.
What progression???

We were this good/bad/ridiculous under Mopes...

Without £150mill of extra talent...

Fellaini the target man in a long ball strategy against mighty Cambridge... very professional... if that's the type of football we're playing now, why not sign the "Master"... and get Crouch???
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
danniitronix wrote:Top Reds will still want a 7-0 because that is what 75,000 fans "deserve" but professional win with a clean sheet and through to the next round. Good to see Wilson take his chance again and LVG trusting a young talent.

Lack a lot of confidence at times, LVG will need to work on that. Doesn't come overnight - comes with consistency of team and partnerships developing. Still we are going forward and not backwards - although the pace of progression is slow.
What progression???

We were this good/bad/ridiculous under Mopes...

Without £150mill of extra talent...

Fellaini the target man in a long ball strategy against mighty Cambridge... very professional... if that's the type of football we're playing now, why not sign the "Master"... and get Crouch???

Because of the mental scars of Fergies cup fuck ups against lower opposition, we find ourselves getting to hyperbole mode against a team that should have been dispatched a week and a half ago, I could see Preston taking us back to OT as well, and LVG now thinks we are the favourites based on that?
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

4 years ago

I tell you what Zebs, I can see Preston beating us at their place, never mind holding out for a replay. There are some decent players/sides in League 1. Its not a tin pot league. I was there to watch Bradford take Chelsea apart on their own turf - now granted, there was an element of complacency from Chelsea and Bradford played the game of their lives, but there are lads in that league who can play and give the premiership sides a game on the day. Look at the MK dons result against us earlier this season - admitedly it was a mixed side, but those weren't plucky victories, they were comprehensive and emphatic wins. Look at Sheff United in the League Cup.

If we play with the same disjointed and half arsed style that seems to be masquerading as Van Gaal's 'Philosophy', Preston are capable of turning us over.
Davey-boy
Legend

4 years ago

marlon wrote:Shaw and Janzuaj were out injured
Shaw is the new Jones injury wise....and that's even before Jones has stopped being the old Jones
Davey-boy
Legend

4 years ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:I tell you what Zebs, I can see Preston beating us at their place, never mind holding out for a replay. There are some decent players/sides in League 1. Its not a tin pot league. I was there to watch Bradford take Chelsea apart on their own turf - now granted, there was an element of complacency from Chelsea and Bradford played the game of their lives, but there are lads in that league who can play and give the premiership sides a game on the day. Look at the MK dons result against us earlier this season - admitedly it was a mixed side, but those weren't plucky victories, they were comprehensive and emphatic wins. Look at Sheff United in the League Cup.

If we play with the same disjointed and half arsed style that seems to be masquerading as Van Gaal's 'Philosophy', Preston are capable of turning us over.
I can see them beating us....we've too many players who stroll through a game without doing much....and they'll obv be bang up for it. And then there's LVG and his madness...
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

Davey-boy wrote:
ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:I tell you what Zebs, I can see Preston beating us at their place, never mind holding out for a replay. There are some decent players/sides in League 1. Its not a tin pot league. I was there to watch Bradford take Chelsea apart on their own turf - now granted, there was an element of complacency from Chelsea and Bradford played the game of their lives, but there are lads in that league who can play and give the premiership sides a game on the day. Look at the MK dons result against us earlier this season - admitedly it was a mixed side, but those weren't plucky victories, they were comprehensive and emphatic wins. Look at Sheff United in the League Cup.

I can see them beating us....we've too many players who stroll through a game without doing much....and they'll obv be bang up for it. And then there's LVG and his madness...
That's not why they'll beat us... it'll be down to Van Gaal trying to be a clever dick, and picking another stupid, unnecessary formation/team, instead of picking who everyone knows are the best 11, putting them in their best roles, and asking them to play fuckin football...

*edit*... sorry, I should have finished reading your post before I replied...

"And then there's LVG and his madness"... yep... that's why... don't know if I'd call it madness though... stubborn arrogance, more like...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
sheesh

4 years ago

Do you even know what a 'top red' is? Do you understand the context in which that term is used?

I don't why I'm even bothering to ask...
bman2
Legend

4 years ago

I would have thought Arsenal are favourites to win the FA Cup now, but if we did it, then the FA Cup and a CL top four finish would be a pretty successful season in the context of last season. I don't care much about the FA Cup, but Van Gaal's been talking now about how we are the favourites and how he wins a trophy in his first season with every club. It would make me very happy if his desire to win this means that he imbues the team with some real hunger and killer instinct at least -- the hunt for this trophy might be just the straightforward incentive the whole club needs to get its act together.

That said, a top four spot is vastly more important than winning the FA Cup, and every "big" club feels the same way which is why the competition is so mickey mouse these days.