vs Liverpool

Forum for match day threads
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

7 years ago

Calvino wrote:People moaning about our lack of creativity make me laugh. This current United squad gets creativity from the wide players. So when of them is a liability as Ryan Giggs was then that is a problem. What is the point of having a man wide who's sole aim as an attacker is to create room for the full back? That is just plain silly. He has no business being on the pitch.

Today, without Rooney we could so easily have started with Carrick/Cleverly/Ando trio. Then Welbeck/van Persier/and one Nani/Young/Valencia and we would have done much better. Our midfielders need people hugging the touchline so that the centre-backs can be drawn out and then a all can be played into van Persie. I do not blame Carrick and Clev because being right footed instinct is to look wide right. And we know who was wide right. Just compare what Valencia did when he as on and even Nani to what went on before?

Ryan Giggs will get Moyes the sack.

Haha. You are reaching new levels of anti Giggs venom. No mention of the shit that is Cleverly? What exactly did he do today? Welbeck? Young?

It wouldn't be too bad if you looked at other players. According to you, Giggs was the reason we lost today, end of.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
dozer
Legend

7 years ago

I thought Giggs was okay. Welbeck and Cleverley were useless. Young was terrible and at fault for the goal.
United perhaps can bid for Bale lol
bman2
Legend

7 years ago

This player didn't get onto our bench today, while Ashley Young started:

RobDiablo
Legend

7 years ago

Twisted Blood wrote:... Maybe the silver lining is Moyes and Woodward panic buy a little now, they break open the wallet with a crowbar and buy Herrera and/or De Rossi........
Nope. But Everton's asking price for Fellaini just went up by £1M. Unfortunately, we'll probably pay it.
just1n
Legend

7 years ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:
Calvino wrote:People moaning about our lack of creativity make me laugh. This current United squad gets creativity from the wide players. So when of them is a liability as Ryan Giggs was then that is a problem. What is the point of having a man wide who's sole aim as an attacker is to create room for the full back? That is just plain silly. He has no business being on the pitch.

Today, without Rooney we could so easily have started with Carrick/Cleverly/Ando trio. Then Welbeck/van Persier/and one Nani/Young/Valencia and we would have done much better. Our midfielders need people hugging the touchline so that the centre-backs can be drawn out and then a all can be played into van Persie. I do not blame Carrick and Clev because being right footed instinct is to look wide right. And we know who was wide right. Just compare what Valencia did when he as on and even Nani to what went on before?

Haha. You are reaching new levels of anti Giggs venom. No mention of the shit that is Cleverly? What exactly did he do today? Welbeck? Young?

It wouldn't be too bad if you looked at other players. According to you, Giggs was the reason we lost today, end of.
ffs Bri. When will you stop defending Giggs. He is 40 years old and starts for Man Utd. That's fucking retarded. He should be nowhere near the starting 11.
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
Minus The Bear
Star Man

7 years ago

bman2 wrote:This player didn't get onto our bench today, while Ashley Young started:

Apparently it was a choice between him or Nani on the bench....
Neil
First Teamer

7 years ago

Today's game, and Monday's game clarifies why trying to sign Fellaini would be the dumbest possible transfer for us at the moment, he is a defensive midfielder who essentially could play in Carrick's role, except being more physical but less technically gifted at it. I can't see him playing alongside Carrick, there would be no point. Playing in United's midfield, you get pressed relentlessly by all of the half decent teams you're up against, Fellaini wouldn't be able to cut it at United in terms of being a first team player; and with this being the case, why spend £20m+ on a back up for our DM position.

What frustrated me most today is that this was an average Liverpool side, they didn't hurt us at all, never had a threatening shot until the last minute when Sterling had a long range effort. Liverpool were there for the taking, just like Chelsea's dross performance against us on Monday. I am not concerned by Liverpool or Chelsea this season, I don't think they have made any great strides forward in the past 12 months.

I don't need to repeat this but we have a good base in midfield (Carrick) and the league's best No 9 in Van Persie. At the moment, 80% of what is happening in the part of the pitch between those 2 is not effective. We shouldn't go overboard because Chelsea and Liverpool look like 2 out of the 3 best defences in the league but the paucity of chances we created told its own story.

Having Welbeck in a mixed role where he drops back to link the play means that we're limited by what he can do for us creatively, I don't think this is his best role. He is not a creative midfielder, he's a striker. This begs the question of why Kagawa is not getting games, he is pound-for-pound probably our most creative forward, but clearly he can't show this when he's not even getting any playing time.

I know Nani was inconsistent when he came on but he offered more threat than Ashley Young, I think we should be giving Nani a run of games now on the right wing, he is a confidence player who needs to build up some momentum over several matches.
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

7 years ago

just1n wrote:
brianofnazarethffs wrote:

ffs Bri. When will you stop defending Giggs. He is 40 years old and starts for Man Utd. That's fucking retarded. He should be nowhere near the starting 11.

FFS you. I'm not defending him, he shouldn't be near our first team starts but that's not his fault, the fact is he is still one of our most creative players. Can you not see that? that's not having a go at him it's the club/Fergie's fault it's come to this.

What I do find annoying is Cal's constant bullshit in regards to him, Giggs plays well and Cal is silent, he plays bad and the loss is all his fault. It's fucking bollocks.

He totally ignores the shite like Young and cleverly to stick to his anti Giggs agenda. Giggs done ONE good pass today that put someone through, more than Young or Cleverly done all game.

A player like Giggs deserves more respect from United fans than that. Fucking disgrace.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
Lazarus
Legend

7 years ago

Lazarus wrote:
just1n wrote:yeah but that was Nani first touch. Gigga has had about 20 and still giving the ball away.
Giggs has had 20 years and there are not any younger players showing him up in that team
I was making the same point Giggs isn't the problem, he's at the end of his career after giving us world class skill and service since he was a kid, who among our bunch of young under performing midfield makes him look past it. There are too many that are still not as good as Giggs is now and they should be in their prime not still about to show us how good they'll be.

Those players are the problem we've been waiting on improvement too long from Nani, Cleverly, Anderson, Young (was he not bought as the almost finished article).

We've had our fair share of Butts, P Nevilles, O'Sheas, Fortunes and such but they were support for much better players not the main event.

Giggs at least was the main event for years. God dam it!
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X