Lazarus
Legend

6 years ago

He'd have been better than Cleverly we at least would have been able to see him
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Bill2
First Teamer

6 years ago

Jones, Young, Giggs, Cleverley all definitely not good enough to win the big games. Replace with Smalling (Rafa when fit), Kagawa, Valencia and Fellaini/Herrera. Welbeck not the best either.

And 4-4-1-1 never cuts it against more sophisticated formations that pack the midfield.
Anantax
Legend

6 years ago

We need someone to run at defenders to unlock teams. We are simply not good enough passers without Scholes

Welbeck is (still) shit at it
Carrick cant do it
Clev is not very good.
Nani at least tried
I thought Valencia was quite good for us today, but we all know he's limited
Giggs was atrocious today
Anantax
Legend

6 years ago

Sid wrote:What would Fellaini have added today

Fuck all
Again, am not a Fellaini expert.

But I dont think its a stretch to say he would have been better at midfield, and he would have offered a more credible threat from set pieces
marlon
Legend

6 years ago

Cleverley so clearly not the problem. The three behind van Persie are useless. We desperately need some creativity. To be honest, it's a familiar performance without Rooney.

Our touch has been poor all season. Looks like we haven't even had a preseason. We never start that well, but it's much harder to hide vs. Chelsea, Liverpool etc.
Lazarus
Legend

6 years ago

just1n wrote:top red?

I thought it was just your avatar that annoyed me. Turns out it's not. ;)
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Anantax
Legend

6 years ago

marlon wrote:Cleverley so clearly not the problem. The three behind van Persie are useless. We desperately need some creativity. To be honest, it's a familiar performance without Rooney.

Edited

Our touch has been poor all season. Looks like we haven't even had a preseason. We never start that well, but it's much harder to hide vs. Chelsea, Liverpool etc.
Not singling out Clev. Today Giggs Young, Welbeck, Clev were all horrid. They all need replacement, although tbf Young had a couple good crosses and Wlebeck is still young...
Sid
Legend

6 years ago

It's worrying when you hear Everton players say how radically different life is under Martinez, a manager who likes to attack and pass the ball
sheesh

6 years ago

Sid wrote:It's worrying when you hear Everton players say how radically different life is under Martinez, a manager who likes to attack and pass the ball
Passing is all very well if you use the ball intelligently. One of the main criticisms already being levelled at this Everton side is that they pass for passing's sake.

I thought United players were guilty of not moving their backsides to create space, holding onto the ball for far too long and passing aimlessly/not penetrating the Liverpool final third enough. I was alarmed at our lack of urgency.

I'm beginning to think that Cleverley isn't good enough for United and, surely, there will come a time when fans stop making excuses for Welbeck. Hernandez looked more threatening when he came on. Nani and Hernandez must get a run of games from now on (Rooney's going to be out for ages in Hernandez's case).

I can't imagine the top teams in Europe playing the way we did today. Liverpool were there to be beaten but we were an absolute shambles. I will never understand what possessed Moyes to start Giggs and in that position too.
Last edited by sheesh on Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.