vs Chelsea

Forum for match day threads
sheesh

6 years ago

Jose was my second choice after klopp but I don't think he did much last night to suggest that we made the wrong decision picking Moyes.

Moyes went toe to toe with him and we were a bit unlucky not to win. Maybe David's a bit more tactically savvy than I've given him credit for.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 years ago

sheesh wrote:Jose was my second choice after klopp but I don't think he did much last night to suggest that we made the wrong decision picking Moyes.

Moyes went toe to toe with him and we were a bit unlucky not to win. Maybe David's a bit more tactically savvy than I've given him credit for.
Toe to toe with what we've got, and Mourinho's got at least 4 midfielders that would walk straight into our starting 11, and make it a lot better... Mourinho could start the exact same team he played last night... if we'd had Mata... I bet we'd have beat them...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Bro Mouzone
Trainee

6 years ago

sheesh wrote:Jose was my second choice after klopp but I don't think he did much last night to suggest that we made the wrong decision picking Moyes.

I think Moyes & Mourinho are both cut from the same cloth,both are safety first managers,which in itself is not a bad thing.But l don't think we are going to get swashbuckling Utd football from Moyes.
Anantax
Legend

6 years ago

Let's hope Moyes proves your last sentence right....I like that our teams are much more solid and organized these past 3 games...lets hope he can gel it with the creativity needed to unlock teams that park the bus (a la Jose "The Special One" Mourinho)
bman2
Legend

6 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:

Toe to toe with what we've got, and Mourinho's got at least 4 midfielders that would walk straight into our starting 11, and make it a lot better... Mourinho could start the exact same team he played last night... if we'd had Mata... I bet we'd have beat them...
Nah, 4? That seems like an exaggeration to me. Hazard definitely, possibly the overrated Mata (very talented but slow on the ball and useless without it), Oscar probably or at least in a year's time (he actually seems the best of the lot to me by a good margin, but is still developing). Schurrle looked like a whole lot of nothin' to me yesterday in either of the positions he played in. De Bruyne made zero impression, though granted he's young.

When you look at them yesterday, this Chelsea squad's got nothing going on beyond the attacking midfielders. Lampard and Ramires are not as good a central midfield pairing as Carrick and Cleverley, they've no striker according to Mourinho (fucking retarded leaving 17 goals/20 starts Lukaku on the bench in order to play Schurrle and then Torres - surely he was at least worth a go), their defence is obviously inferior to ours in every position except left back on one of Cashley's good days and Evra's bad ones. Cech maybe is better than DDG, but no way would I swap them given DDG's on the up and up.

The amount Mourinho talks shite to journalists is directly proportionate to how buggered he thinks he is on the pitch, so draw your own conclusions about the past week. He's at Chelsea because he had nowhere else to go, and he won't see out the season there IMHO.
Sid
Legend

6 years ago

bman2 wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:

The amount Mourinho talks shite to journalists is directly proportionate to how buggered he thinks he is on the pitch, so draw your own conclusions about the past week. He's at Chelsea because he had nowhere else to go, and he won't see out the season there IMHO.
Spot on

The press are so far up his arse they're not going to criticise him. And when he gets the boot he'll be the victim
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 years ago

Sid wrote:
bman2 wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:

Spot on

The press are so far up his arse they're not going to criticise him. And when he gets the boot he'll be the victim
I'm not so sure Sid... Mourinho talks so much shit, and that impresses a lot of journos because he's always good for something to write about... but not all of them are as taken with him as they were first time around... Mourinho is his own worst enemy, because he just doesn't know when to shut the fuck up... he was a lot more careful last time because he was new here... but this time, he swans around like he owns the league... I'm betting he talks himself into shit before long, and then he'll talk more shit to explain the shit he's already said... he won't last long.
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 years ago

What was it that Mourinho said about selling a player to a rival??

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ed-2246401
bman2
Legend

6 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:What was it that Mourinho said about selling a player to a rival??

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ed-2246401
Yeah he's just a gobshite. I'm convinced that he has practically zero control over Chelsea's transfers though, because there's no way in hell I can see him wanting to add two more attacking midfielders to that Chelsea squad (Schurrle and Willian) but no central midfielders or defenders.