vs Swansea

Forum for match day threads
RobDiablo
Legend

6 years ago

As far as the match went, I thought United played better for longer periods of time than it did for most of last season. One, top class CM and injury-free seasons for de Gea, Carrick, and RvP, and United could win the league. There'd need to more improvement to be a serious challenger in the UCL, but I'd be ecstatic to finish atop the Premiership again this season.
Anantax
Legend

6 years ago

Having slept on it...the one difference in Utd's performance that I thought was a really really good sign yesterday: we killed Swansea off.

Even with 2 up we were in control, but we really killed Swansea off with RVP's screamer.

That did not and would have never have happened last season. Last season we would NOT have scored a third, would have conceded in the 80th minute and would have spent the last 10 minutes with all-hands-on-deck defending...
Lazarus
Legend

6 years ago

We were definitely up for the fight. Doesn't mean we don't need a midfield star. We will be competing in the Champions league and need to be much better and able to compete at the very top.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
RobDiablo
Legend

6 years ago

Anantax wrote:...the one difference in Utd's performance that I thought was a really really good sign yesterday: we killed Swansea off... Last season we would NOT have scored a third, would have conceded in the 80th minute and would have spent the last 10 minutes with all-hands-on-deck defending...
Ah, so you did actually watch some of the matches last season :)

Seriously, though, that's a good observation. Let's hope they keep it up.