vs Newcastle

Forum for match day threads
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 5236
Joined: 6 years ago

5 years ago

Yeah. Fellaini was disappointing today tbf. He was good in flashes but he should have done much better.

Fletcher was excellent. Valencia was good too.
User avatar
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend
Posts: 5208
Joined: 6 years ago

5 years ago

just a constant stream of drivel from this bman2 twat tbf, bman1 was much better (or should that be bill)
lkhm

hoofing
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 7405
Joined: 6 years ago

5 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
bman2 wrote:Same has occurred to me. I hope that somehow Moyes will see fucking sense and not sell Kagawa now -- who'dve thunk that pairing him with other skillfull clever attackers would allow him to actually play his game? Kags, mata and januzaj could work together very nicely, in fact I think kags and potentially januzaj are better options for us in the long term than mata because they've got greater pace and mobility.
Mata has the best vision/passing ability we've seen at United since Scholes quit... if only we had the midfielders to allow him full freedom... in a rubbish squad like ours, he's a defensive liability... but he's still more valuable than Kagawa...
Oh yeah he's class but he is, as you say, a defensive liability. We're going to need to two central midfielders who really boss that zone if we're sticking with Mata, the likes of Gundongan (sp?) and Carvalho (if that's what Carvalho is supposed to be, never seen him play). That's why Mourinho got rid of him, since he's a defense-focused manager. We'll also have to orient the team around him in the number 10 position, he's just not very good elsewhere. So yeah Mata has more pure quality than Kagawa, but Kagawa is a better all-rounder, and he can play the Mourinho/Moyes-style counter-attacking game that Mata doesn't seem to be that well suited to. It'll be a fucking tragedy if we ditch Kags, because with him, Mata, and Januzaj, we have three creative attacking types that can really play together.
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 7405
Joined: 6 years ago

5 years ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:just a constant stream of drivel from this bman2 twat tbf, bman1 was much better (or should that be bill)
Jaysus, from the guy who rimjobs Klopp every chance he can get now, but had never heard of Kagawa or Dortmund two seasons ago when they were one the best sides in the world, playing a level of football united hasn't come close to in years, with kagawa one the stars. Be honest, how often do you watch a football match that united or england aren't playing in?
kramer
Youth Teamer
Posts: 32
Joined: 6 years ago

5 years ago

young is out injured, thank fuck. hope i never have to see him in a united shirt again.
kagawa, mata, januzaj, hernandez and nani played some lovely stuff towards the end.
nani would enjoy playing with mata and kagawa, he loves those quick, short passing moves around the box.

if we just sell young and fellaini this summer and bring in no one, i'd consider it good business.
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 5236
Joined: 6 years ago

5 years ago

Ffs. Nani didn't play well yesterday. In fact he showed us why even young is preferred over him with his laughable attempt on goal yesterday.
lars072
Legend
Posts: 1738
Joined: 6 years ago

5 years ago

Let's remember well likely have Anderson back again as I doubt anyone we'll want him. So much shit in our MF it's really hard to believe.
User avatar
RobDiablo
Legend
Posts: 1153
Joined: 6 years ago

5 years ago

kramer wrote:young is out injured...
I read it was a dislocated finger, which shouldn't keep him out at all, unfortunately.

What a pussy he must be. I'm not a hard man, but I once had the big toe on my right foot dislocated in the first minute of a match, but stayed on and played 'til the end.
Minus The Bear
Star Man
Posts: 721
Joined: 6 years ago

5 years ago

He's done ligament's in it so possibly for a bit longer.
User avatar
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend
Posts: 13448
Joined: 6 years ago

5 years ago

dozer wrote:Ffs. Nani didn't play well yesterday. In fact he showed us why even young is preferred over him with his laughable attempt on goal yesterday.
I'm not a fan of Nani... complete twat of a player, and a waste of excellent talent... but you're never going to see the best of Nani playing him once a month... you either give him a regular starting place, and stick with him, or just get rid... he's never going to be an impact player off the bench...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Post Reply