Liverpool

Forum for match day threads
marlon
Legend

1 month ago

Possibly back to full strength, at home. A chance?
Lazarus
Legend

1 month ago

Hope so. I'll be watching it anyway....... We could be destroyed, even at full strength we have no leaders on the pitch and the new boys haven't been around long enough to carry that mantel. Maybe Pogba..........................................................etc?
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

1 month ago

17 wins in a row in the prem
lkhm

hoofing
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

1 month ago

we have 17 points in that time
lkhm

hoofing
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

I don't think this will be that bad. Liverpool will probably win but I doubt we'll get battered 4/5-0 because we'll make the game ugly and shit.
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

So we’re basically a Mourinho team without getting the results. It’s like supporting Ireland.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

bman2 wrote:
1 month ago
So we’re basically a Mourinho team without getting the results. It’s like supporting Ireland.
Mourinho got the boot after Liverpool played us off the park and beat us 3-1. Ole will know this and park the bus even more. But tbf Joses scouse battering came after he'd been in the job 2 and a half years and spent half a bil, whereas Ole has time.
Lazarus
Legend

1 month ago

Ole needs some kind of statement for this game. It's Liverpool ffs!!! If he can't get the players to up their game for this and play with some balls and pride then when can he do it, this applies to the players as well. Woodward and the Glazers don't play football....
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
RedDevilinAZ
First Teamer

4 weeks ago

Even with a fully fit starting 11, playing at their best, an in-form LCF is a very tuff ask. Adding to that; we haven't had a fully fit starting 11 for years, I am not sure what playing at our best really is anymore, as a team Liverpool are playing unbelievable football and Klopp has them believing that whatever happens they will be in a position to win - remember how good that felt?

I don’t think we have the talent to go toe-2-toe with them in a slugfest so that leaves playing defense and trying to hit them on the counter attack, which is pretty much Ole’s 1st choice tactic anyway. Undoubtedly LFC will have the majority of the ball but I think midfields are the weakest part of their team and if we can slow them down and frustrate as they cross the halfway line they can be gotten to. Rashford and Martial; with short runs at their defense after a turnover, could be very productive for us, also James (or whoever plays on the left) could be a big factor keeping Arnold at home.

We will need to play a nearly flawless game and a lot of things have to go right in order for us to get points from this game, nothing we have shown so far this season says that will happen.

It could be a long, long Sunday afternoon (morning for some).
bman2
Legend

4 weeks ago

It's Spirit of Paris small club mentality time, with zero possession, the odd flukey break, and lucky refereeing decisions. That win gave Ole his job, and I think it convinced him that he has to stick with bus parking, hard-working kids tactics.