Page 1 of 13

vs Palace

Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:43 pm
by Sid
I'll just be happy if dosser Static, Young, Jones and Smalling are all kept out of the 11

Re: vs Palace

Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:57 pm
by Lazarus
We started ok and faded against Wolves. We need to keep the pressure up against lesser teams until we've broken them with a 3/4-0 scoreline. Putting the season in with one goal against these teams will not be good enough, it leaves them with hope of stealing a draw and gives them something to aim for. We don't have the team yet to really challenge the top teams but we should be punishing those below us with the players we have.

Keeping those four out of the team works as well tbf.

Re: vs Palace

Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:17 pm
by lkhmffsstopmovingabout
tell the welsh cunt to stop diving tbf

Re: vs Palace

Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:24 pm
by bman2
Lazarus wrote:
10 months ago
We started ok and faded against Wolves. We need to keep the pressure up against lesser teams until we've broken them with a 3/4-0 scoreline. Putting the season in with one goal against these teams will not be good enough, it leaves them with hope of stealing a draw and gives them something to aim for. We don't have the team yet to really challenge the top teams but we should be punishing those below us with the players we have.

Keeping those four out of the team works as well tbf.
Well we play with three in midfield but Pogba is the only one that creates anything. So that’s a major bottleneck. In our first two games our supposed no.10s have been nonentities.

Our beat hope is probably that our fullbacks start creating a lot, as they do for Pool. Pools fullbacks get a fuck load of assists, and ours are a lot of the ball, so I think that’s what Ole wants to happen.

Re: vs Palace

Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:51 pm
by Sid
bman2 wrote:
10 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
10 months ago
We started ok and faded against Wolves. We need to keep the pressure up against lesser teams until we've broken them with a 3/4-0 scoreline. Putting the season in with one goal against these teams will not be good enough, it leaves them with hope of stealing a draw and gives them something to aim for. We don't have the team yet to really challenge the top teams but we should be punishing those below us with the players we have.

Keeping those four out of the team works as well tbf.
Well we play with three in midfield but Pogba is the only one that creates anything. So that’s a major bottleneck. In our first two games our supposed no.10s have been nonentities.

Our beat hope is probably that our fullbacks start creating a lot, as they do for Pool. Pools fullbacks get a fuck load of assists, and ours are a lot of the ball, so I think that’s what Ole wants to happen.
I don't think Wan-Bissaka has the ability. He gets into good positions but always plays a simple pass. I've only seen him put in a couple of balls, and they weren't anything special. It might be nerves, or it might be something they need to work on because like you say we're short on creativity.

Re: vs Palace

Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:12 pm
by marlon
Wolves are a fair bit better than Palace, so we should be winning this comfortably. If we don’t get more from Lingard/Pereira/James etc against this lot, the plan should change. Probably a good time to give Greenwood a start.

Re: vs Palace

Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:42 pm
by lkhmffsstopmovingabout
if we’re going with basaka the one on the other side needs to be a flyer to make up for him tbf

shaws had his chance, fucking him off is what a proper club would do

Re: vs Palace

Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:50 pm
by lkhmffsstopmovingabout
marlon wrote:
10 months ago
Wolves are a fair bit better than Palace, so we should be winning this comfortably. If we don’t get more from Lingard/Pereira/James etc against this lot, the plan should change. Probably a good time to give Greenwood a start.
reckon linshite might get his annual goal now the media are starting to notice he’s shite tbf

Re: vs Palace

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:22 pm
by brianofnazarethffs
Sid wrote:
10 months ago
I'll just be happy if dosser Static, Young, Jones and Smalling are all kept out of the 11
You have your wish. Unchanged from Wolves.

Re: vs Palace

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:59 pm
by RedDevilinAZ
Somewhat surprised; I though Ole might have given Greenwood or even Gomes a start in this game. I suppose it's too early in the season to be taking that kind of chance.