vs Wolves

Forum for match day threads
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

Didn't realise there was a discussion among the players about taking the penalty last week as well. This is amateur stuff really. Our set pieces are shite too. Gaps in Ole's management?
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

1 month ago

As gutted as I am tonight... there are positives. It's going to take a year or two to challenge but at least we're going in the right direction.

Chelsea and Wolves away is tough and to take 4 points is good.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour
dozer
Legend

1 month ago

Mctominay was shite today but to be fair he's normally better than this. I wanted mata on because I was desperate but in hindsight I'd rather he be booted out as well. He's useless off the bench.
dozer
Legend

1 month ago

bman2 wrote:
1 month ago
Didn't realise there was a discussion among the players about taking the penalty last week as well. This is amateur stuff really. Our set pieces are shite too. Gaps in Ole's management?
Yes.
marlon
Legend

1 month ago

Set pieces have been shite for ages. That’s not all on Solskjaer. But the late subs when things obviously aren’t working really piss me off.

Wolves have a really solid defence so it was always going to be tough to break them down but we made it hard for ourselves too. Pogba’s too deep considering the lack of attacking talent in front of him, Rashford (or Pogba) should be in the middle instead of Lingard so chances fall to someone who might score and Wan-Bissaka is really crap going forward so we can’t really on him to do anything useful if he finds space.

We only have three really good players in the front 6 - Martial, Rashford and Pogba and the 4231 means at least one of them will be playing out of their optimal position. We need a front 2 and a solid enough midfield so Pogba has the freedom to get forward more often. It should be a diamond or a 532. I don’t really like either, but our squad is a mess.
marlon
Legend

1 month ago

bman2 wrote:
1 month ago
The decision not to sign a midfielder is looking like madness right now. We ought to be able to put someone on who'll put their foot on the ball in midfield, move Pogba forward and take James off.
Pereira should get a chance playing deeper. He’s a decent passer and he’ll put in more of a shift than pogba
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

marlon wrote:
1 month ago
Set pieces have been shite for ages. That’s not all on Solskjaer. But the late subs when things obviously aren’t working really piss me off.

Wolves have a really solid defence so it was always going to be tough to break them down but we made it hard for ourselves too. Pogba’s too deep considering the lack of attacking talent in front of him, Rashford (or Pogba) should be in the middle instead of Lingard so chances fall to someone who might score and Wan-Bissaka is really crap going forward so we can’t really on him to do anything useful if he finds space.

We only have three really good players in the front 6 - Martial, Rashford and Pogba and the 4231 means at least one of them will be playing out of their optimal position. We need a front 2 and a solid enough midfield so Pogba has the freedom to get forward more often. It should be a diamond or a 532. I don’t really like either, but our squad is a mess.
I agree with a lot of this but I'm not as downbeat because if Pogba buries the pen we win 2-1, and we've beaten a very good team that strengthened in summer, have a superior midfield and haven't lost at home since early jan. We were close.

If only we had owners that allowed us to replaced the 2 missing CMs, the missing CF and not signed a fucking dud in Sanchez.
dozer
Legend

1 month ago

I don't have an issue with having 2 or 3 designated penalty takers as long as they're good at pens. If we had RVP, C-Ron and Nistelrooy all in the 11 and they had to decide among themselves then so be it.
Here we have Pogba who's shit at pens and Rashford who's been scoring his penalties albeit he's not taken too many.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

Sid wrote:
1 month ago
Better stay off social media because the racist cunts will be out for Pogba
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... ssion=true
fat maradona
First Teamer

1 month ago

dozer wrote:
1 month ago
Pogba was our best player perhaps. He wasn't great but the others were shite
Were you watching a re-run of the game last year? I thought everyone bar Lingard was fairly decent last night. McT, Shaw and James could do with improving, as neither are United standard but they were far better than shite.