Legend

4 months ago

marlon wrote:
4 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
4 months ago
marlon wrote:
4 months ago

He was crap. Im not defending him. It's about what's best for the team - he's consistent in terms of creating good chances and giving the ball away. If there's a 3 he's wider and there's a holding player behind to clean up and give him the freedom to get forward into scoring positions. if we're playing a 4231, especially with the players we've got, we're probably better off with him as a 10 - he's an obvious upgrade on Lingard and Mata - and when he loses it our defence isn't completely exposed.
I've argued for him to be played as a 10 before and got laughed at because he was a box to box MF. He's played as a 10 and been shite. Where did he play in his best game for us? Or where did he play in his best run of games for us, whenever that was? He's the problem not his position. Today's game sums him up for me, it was like his time with us so far, mostly shite and a couple of good quality passes, spent most of the time on his arse. You don't have ungoing conversations like this about great players and it's not just us on here it's everywhere.
On the left of a three in Solskjaer's run of wins, where he scored or assisted more than half of our goals.
....so we should play him there then. As far as I remember he had some decent games for us during that phase of play but he didn't pull up any trees.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Lazarus
Legend

4 months ago

bman2 wrote:
4 months ago
It was a very satisfying win with a lot of positives to take away from it. But in a way that just makes it all the more frustrating that the club didn’t make the effort to sign a good midfielder. Pereira was a nonentity, barely touched the ball, his assist notwithstanding. Imagine the same game with someone like Fernandes is his place. We’re a good team, but we can only play on the counter, the only creativity comes from Pogba. The team would be transformed with another midfielder that could help us take control of the game. If we miss out on the CL again, we’ll have the same trouble signing ambitious players next summer.

It’s hard to see how we’ll sort out midfield with the players currently in the squad.
......no it doesn't, we had two goals before Pogba switched on. Who created those?
RedDevilinAZ
First Teamer

4 months ago

I cannot see Pogba being let go this season and maybe we can come up with a CR7 solution. If that's the case then Pogba will need to have a decent season to keep his name in the papers in a positive way, what he cannot afford to continually be the worst performer in a winning side.

btw: so much for not disrupting the dressing room.
bman2
Legend

4 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
4 months ago
marlon wrote:
4 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
4 months ago
dozer wrote:
4 months ago
Pogba was actually crap for 90% of the game but did some magic for 10%. The problem we have is the other midfielders can't do anything even if they have good games so Pogba is essential for now.
Pererra got an assist and did more during the game than Pogba.
Pereira completed 11 passes the whole game
....and got an assist and put himself about as far as i could see. Thing is he isn't the player trying to move to Real for a world record fee, he's not the player who came to us for a world record fee. Pereira cost what? He's got 3 years on Pogba still, he might even end up better than him relatively speaking....
Well you're right about one thing: there is no risk of Pereira being bought by a top club for a record fee.
Lazarus
Legend

4 months ago

bman2 wrote:
4 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
4 months ago
marlon wrote:
4 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
4 months ago
dozer wrote:
4 months ago
Pogba was actually crap for 90% of the game but did some magic for 10%. The problem we have is the other midfielders can't do anything even if they have good games so Pogba is essential for now.
....and got an assist and put himself about as far as i could see. Thing is he isn't the player trying to move to Real for a world record fee, he's not the player who came to us for a world record fee. Pereira cost what? He's got 3 years on Pogba still, he might even end up better than him relatively speaking....
Well you're right about one thing: there is no risk of Pereira being bought by a top club for a record fee.
Why don't you ever answer the questions you're asked rather than ignoring them? Who created the two goals before Pogba woke up? I mean according to you Pogba is the only creative player we have, as if once he passed the ball Rashford and James were just along for the ride the goals were inevitable.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

4 months ago

perera is utter wank
lkhm

hoofing
Lazarus
Legend

4 months ago

Pogba is expensive wank
Sid
Legend

4 months ago

This is my favourite goal

The whole team is higher up the pitch than under Jose when we camped inside our own box for 90 minutes. And they actually compete for the ball with a high press rather than letting Chelsea play. And when they win it back they play quick one / two touch passes before a beautiful ball in behind to the CF - whose actually made a run in behind - and finishes. Fucking class. More of this please.
bman2
Legend

4 months ago

Sid wrote:
4 months ago
This is my favourite goal

The whole team is higher up the pitch than under Jose when we camped inside our own box for 90 minutes. And they actually compete for the ball with a high press rather than letting Chelsea play. And when they win it back they play quick one / two touch passes before a beautiful ball in behind to the CF - whose actually made a run in behind - and finishes. Fucking class. More of this please.
Yeah we had a few similar goals during the initial Ole bump. The combination of Pogba and Rashford can be deadly.

I was less convinced by Martial yesterday. He flubbed that mishit pass that was a golden opportunity in the first half, and his goal went in off the knee. It might sound like hair splitting, but I’d have liked to see more decisiveness in his attacking. Good movement for the goal though.
marlon
Legend

4 months ago

FuB wrote:
4 months ago
marlon wrote:
4 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
4 months ago
dozer wrote:
4 months ago
Yeah... the least of all of our players bar the late subs. Made only 2 tackles in the whole game.

Pogba miscontrolled and was dispossessed more than anyone else though...
...in the league