v chelsea

Forum for match day threads
RedDevilinAZ
First Teamer

1 month ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
1 month ago
We look like we have a back 4 that could actually go places. The front players have a mixture of everything and we have Gomes, Chong and Greenwood to add into the mix. Its young, itll need to be coached for improve its ability to make the right decisions and to execute properly. But it's a great basis for something to develop.

The midfield is the obvious problem area. We need 2 of quality and by next summer itll be 3, because its surely Pogba's last season here.

We have a long way to go, and it's only day 1. But for the first time in a while I can see the basis of a plan for the next 2-3 years.
We can finally see some light at the end of the tunnel - I just hope it's not the headlight of another train. ;)
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

It seems the biggest thing for match going gans is not seeing Jones, Smalling, Young and Matic on the pitch. The relief is palpable. Tbf Ole IS ditching Joses dinosaurs, just slowly. Fellaini, Lukaku, his captain Valencia - all gone. If we sign a midfielder Matic will be next. Benching him yesterday in the curtain raiser / against a top 4 team was a statement.
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

It was a very satisfying win with a lot of positives to take away from it. But in a way that just makes it all the more frustrating that the club didn’t make the effort to sign a good midfielder. Pereira was a nonentity, barely touched the ball, his assist notwithstanding. Imagine the same game with someone like Fernandes is his place. We’re a good team, but we can only play on the counter, the only creativity comes from Pogba. The team would be transformed with another midfielder that could help us take control of the game. If we miss out on the CL again, we’ll have the same trouble signing ambitious players next summer.

It’s hard to see how we’ll sort out midfield with the players currently in the squad.
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

One funny thing was the American commentators on my stream banging on constantly about Pulisic like he was the second coming. Then he did fuck all when he came on and got nothing out of AWB.
swampash
Legend

1 month ago

What steam were you using bman?
For the last 3 years we have had DAZN in Germany, which had great coverage of the PL. Sadly, they have been outbid for the German PL rights again by Sky, which is a disaster. DAZN charged just under €10 a month - Sky want that much just to watch a single game! I flatly refuse to give money to Sky, so was reduced to following the game via this thread and updates on Flash Scores.
Any suggestions welcome!
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
FuB
Legend

1 month ago

swampash wrote:
1 month ago
What steam were you using bman?
For the last 3 years we have had DAZN in Germany, which had great coverage of the PL. Sadly, they have been outbid for the German PL rights again by Sky, which is a disaster. DAZN charged just under €10 a month - Sky want that much just to watch a single game! I flatly refuse to give money to Sky, so was reduced to following the game via this thread and updates on Flash Scores.
Any suggestions welcome!
might be better for you to put up a plea for a stream before the game rather than after it. there's a lot of flux on that side of things and they don't generally come on line till close to the start of the game.

i'm also not really sure as to the sense of us posting links to streams in the clear on this forum. I know we're small fry but i'm often conscious of potentially causing Ed some issues when I've posted links to streams myself. I don't know if there's a better way for us to do that sort of this - I could set up a hidden forum that only registered users can see but, arguably, that might make things look worse for Ed.

Check your PMs anyway...
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

Yeah the streaming situation has gotten shitter, they’re cracking down. I VPN’ed to the USA and watched the NBC website using a friend’s password. Can’t share that though, sorry!

Watching in the UK is getting absurd: expensive and complicated, it’s spread across multiple channels/websites and they are charge a lot.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

My internet provider doesn't block streams so it's piss for me to watch games. I assumed this was the case for everybody but when I was on Virgin all streams were all blocked - even though football is free to air in some countries, and to my knowledge it's not illegal to stream their TV whenever you want because they're funded by ads. Like it's not illegal to stream ITV.

But reddit is good for streams. Go there on matchdays. The acestream app is great as well. The higher end streams are HD TV quality.
FuB
Legend

1 month ago

Sid wrote:
1 month ago
My internet provider doesn't block streams so it's piss for me to watch games. I assumed this was the case for everybody but when I was on Virgin all streams were all blocked - even though football is free to air in some countries, and to my knowledge it's not illegal to stream their TV whenever you want because they're funded by ads. Like it's not illegal to stream ITV.

But reddit is good for streams. Go there on matchdays. The acestream app is great as well. The higher end streams are HD TV quality.
I thought the reddit streams list got closed down. Not surprised that something else has cropped up there so I shall have to investigate.

I agree that the acestream vlc app is good but you've got to be a bit canny when installing it to avoid it dumping "extras" on you.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Lazarus
Legend

1 month ago

marlon wrote:
1 month ago
Lazarus wrote:
1 month ago
dozer wrote:
1 month ago
Pogba was actually crap for 90% of the game but did some magic for 10%. The problem we have is the other midfielders can't do anything even if they have good games so Pogba is essential for now.
Pererra got an assist and did more during the game than Pogba.
Pereira completed 11 passes the whole game
....and got an assist and put himself about as far as i could see. Thing is he isn't the player trying to move to Real for a world record fee, he's not the player who came to us for a world record fee. Pereira cost what? He's got 3 years on Pogba still, he might even end up better than him relatively speaking....
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X