v chelsea

Forum for match day threads
User avatar
Lazarus
Legend
Posts: 16154
Joined: 6 years ago

3 months ago

marlon wrote:
3 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
3 months ago
marlon wrote:
3 months ago
swampash wrote:
3 months ago
Then play the twat where he can do the creative stuff and stop kidding on he’s a double 6...! (Pogba that is).
Exactly
It's always his position that's the problem..... (-|
He was crap. Im not defending him. It's about what's best for the team - he's consistent in terms of creating good chances and giving the ball away. If there's a 3 he's wider and there's a holding player behind to clean up and give him the freedom to get forward into scoring positions. if we're playing a 4231, especially with the players we've got, we're probably better off with him as a 10 - he's an obvious upgrade on Lingard and Mata - and when he loses it our defence isn't completely exposed.
I've argued for him to be played as a 10 before and got laughed at because he was a box to box MF. He's played as a 10 and been shite. Where did he play in his best game for us? Or where did he play in his best run of games for us, whenever that was? He's the problem not his position. Today's game sums him up for me, it was like his time with us so far, mostly shite and a couple of good quality passes, spent most of the time on his arse. You don't have ungoing conversations like this about great players and it's not just us on here it's everywhere.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
User avatar
Lazarus
Legend
Posts: 16154
Joined: 6 years ago

3 months ago

dozer wrote:
3 months ago
Pogba was actually crap for 90% of the game but did some magic for 10%. The problem we have is the other midfielders can't do anything even if they have good games so Pogba is essential for now.
Pererra got an assist and did more during the game than Pogba.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
RedDevilinAZ
First Teamer
Posts: 313
Joined: 7 months ago
Location: Prescott

3 months ago

The problem with a game like todays is that the score covers over a lot of cracks, more realistically one very big crack - Pogba. He spent a great deal of the game picking hisself up off the grass, either fouled, looking for a foul or just fell over, regardless his turnovers continually put the defense under pressure.

The most frustrating thing is that when he wants to play he can be unstoppable, Ole's biggest challenge will be getting those performances out of hi for an entire game - season.
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 23589
Joined: 6 years ago

3 months ago

Ole's post match



Wee dig at Mourinho, says 'we want Rashford running in behind not by the touchline crossing the ball'

Is nice to have an intelligent pacey CF making runs in behind. Rom made one a game then needed a sit down and a sandwich.
RedDevilinAZ
First Teamer
Posts: 313
Joined: 7 months ago
Location: Prescott

3 months ago

An over simplification but the penalty changed everything, until them we looked; tentative and nervous while Chelsea looked like they were just waiting to take total control of the game. After the penalty we looked like it was only a matter of time until we scored another and Chelsea looked like a bystander in an auto wreck.
RedDevilinAZ
First Teamer
Posts: 313
Joined: 7 months ago
Location: Prescott

3 months ago

Request to the OED; please add the following word - blockedbywanbissaka. Thank you
User avatar
marlon
Legend
Posts: 5341
Joined: 6 years ago

3 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
3 months ago
marlon wrote:
3 months ago


He was crap. Im not defending him. It's about what's best for the team - he's consistent in terms of creating good chances and giving the ball away. If there's a 3 he's wider and there's a holding player behind to clean up and give him the freedom to get forward into scoring positions. if we're playing a 4231, especially with the players we've got, we're probably better off with him as a 10 - he's an obvious upgrade on Lingard and Mata - and when he loses it our defence isn't completely exposed.
I've argued for him to be played as a 10 before and got laughed at because he was a box to box MF. He's played as a 10 and been shite. Where did he play in his best game for us? Or where did he play in his best run of games for us, whenever that was? He's the problem not his position. Today's game sums him up for me, it was like his time with us so far, mostly shite and a couple of good quality passes, spent most of the time on his arse. You don't have ungoing conversations like this about great players and it's not just us on here it's everywhere.
On the left of a three in Solskjaer's run of wins, where he scored or assisted more than half of our goals.
User avatar
marlon
Legend
Posts: 5341
Joined: 6 years ago

3 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
3 months ago
dozer wrote:
3 months ago
Pogba was actually crap for 90% of the game but did some magic for 10%. The problem we have is the other midfielders can't do anything even if they have good games so Pogba is essential for now.
Pererra got an assist and did more during the game than Pogba.
Pereira completed 11 passes the whole game
User avatar
FuB
Legend
Posts: 5611
Joined: 4 years ago
Location: Littlewoods Data Entry Department

3 months ago

marlon wrote:
3 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
3 months ago
dozer wrote:
3 months ago
Pogba was actually crap for 90% of the game but did some magic for 10%. The problem we have is the other midfielders can't do anything even if they have good games so Pogba is essential for now.
Pererra got an assist and did more during the game than Pogba.
Pereira completed 11 passes the whole game
Yeah... the least of all of our players bar the late subs. Made only 2 tackles in the whole game.

Pogba miscontrolled and was dispossessed more than anyone else though...
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
User avatar
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend
Posts: 5019
Joined: 6 years ago

3 months ago

We look like we have a back 4 that could actually go places. The front players have a mixture of everything and we have Gomes, Chong and Greenwood to add into the mix. Its young, itll need to be coached for improve its ability to make the right decisions and to execute properly. But it's a great basis for something to develop.

The midfield is the obvious problem area. We need 2 of quality and by next summer itll be 3, because its surely Pogba's last season here.

We have a long way to go, and it's only day 1. But for the first time in a while I can see the basis of a plan for the next 2-3 years.
Post Reply