Forum for match day threads
sheesh
Legend

6 months ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
6 months ago
sheesh wrote:
6 months ago
I don't think Poch would come to United.
If we’re serious about a rebuild, give assurances over large budgets and transfer control, I think he’d come.
bman2 wrote:
6 months ago
sheesh wrote:
6 months ago
I think he would. Real has gone as an option, at least for now. He's taken Spurs as far as he can. Especially if he wins the CL trophy, he'd be leaving on the top. There are a lot of factors that make Poch look ideal for United right now. It all makes too much fucking sense to happen. It's so frustrating.
Whilst I can't see Poch hanging around at Spurs forever, I think the fact that so much needs to be done at United might put him off. Also, does he really want the hassle of dealing with Ed Woodward?
Sid
Legend

6 months ago

bman2 wrote:
6 months ago
ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
6 months ago
sheesh wrote:
6 months ago
If we’re serious about a rebuild, give assurances over large budgets and transfer control, I think he’d come.
Yeah exactly -- he actually fought for control and no DoF at Spurs. So he's a manager that actually wants the system United has right now.
Fair enough, didn't know that. Levy is a lot better at the job than Woodward though.
fat maradona
First Teamer

6 months ago

If they sack Ole, no other cunt is going to want to come to a club like United.
FuB
Legend

6 months ago

fat maradona wrote:
6 months ago
If they sack Ole, no other cunt is going to want to come to a club like United.
not convinced that sacking Ole would be the thing that swung it that way for anyone
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
sheesh
Legend

6 months ago

bman2 wrote:
6 months ago
dozer wrote:
6 months ago
Solksjaer's new contract hasn't started yet. He could still be sacked. I don't think he should. If Jose struggled with this team then it's the team. We played like title contenders for a couple of months and then regressed. This means it's the players. Not the manager. Jose questioned the players commitment. He was right.
That's true. But from a practical perspective, what is there in Ole's CV to suggest he should be United's manager? If we were finishing the season strongly in third place, playing well, you could say ok, it's a surprise, but don't change something that's working. But recognising that the club is fucked and needing a rebuild to get back to the top, and saying the manager of Molde who relegated Cardiff is the man the to do it, is just fucking random.
Tbf, I was one of those who felt Ole was making a strong case for getting the job when we went on that winning run. Obviously it wasn't going to last forever, but I never thought our arses would cave in like this.
fat maradona
First Teamer

6 months ago

Tony V will change the game for sure
Sid
Legend

6 months ago

How close do they want to get to the goal before they shoot
Sid
Legend

6 months ago

sheesh wrote:
6 months ago
bman2 wrote:
6 months ago
dozer wrote:
6 months ago
Solksjaer's new contract hasn't started yet. He could still be sacked. I don't think he should. If Jose struggled with this team then it's the team. We played like title contenders for a couple of months and then regressed. This means it's the players. Not the manager. Jose questioned the players commitment. He was right.
That's true. But from a practical perspective, what is there in Ole's CV to suggest he should be United's manager? If we were finishing the season strongly in third place, playing well, you could say ok, it's a surprise, but don't change something that's working. But recognising that the club is fucked and needing a rebuild to get back to the top, and saying the manager of Molde who relegated Cardiff is the man the to do it, is just fucking random.
Tbf, I was one of those who felt Ole was making a strong case for getting the job when we went on that winning run. Obviously it wasn't going to last forever, but I never thought our arses would cave in like this.
It might be that Ole can't lift players once their heads drop. Because the football is still generally better than Joses, and we did smash a lot of teams early on, and we beat Tottenham, Chelsea, PSG etc. We're not dysfunctional like under Jose. So maybe the problem is he can't lift their heads get em playing at that level again.
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

6 months ago

Rashford really poor again...
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour and International Lovemaker to the Stars
FuB
Legend

6 months ago

Sid wrote:
6 months ago
sheesh wrote:
6 months ago
bman2 wrote:
6 months ago
dozer wrote:
6 months ago
It might be that Ole can't lift players once their heads drop. Because the football is still generally better than Joses, and we did smash a lot of teams early on, and we beat Tottenham, Chelsea, PSG etc. We're not dysfunctional like under Jose. So maybe the problem is he can't lift their heads get em playing at that level again.
what lifted their heads when he came in then? if it wasn't OIe and was JUST the demise of Mourinho then this is the problem
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit