Lazarus wrote:
4 months ago
ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
4 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
4 months ago
4 months ago

The needs of Manchester United should be put first.
What does that mean?
It means that whether De Gea wants to play through his bad form or not, hes been throwing games and the team is suffering. The needs of the team come before any individual
But what if the long term needs of the club are being met by playing him and not dropping him? There are many reasons at play for not dropping De Gea at the end of the season when he is considering and negotiating his contract. I'd also point out De Gea is the least of our problems and is certainly not responsible for our current predicament.

This.
I don't think De Gea is the least of our problems, just another problem as important as the rest. We were on for a 1-0 win until he fucked up. The performance in general while flat and uninspiring was enough to beat a similarly flat and uninspiring Chelsea. It's not his fault we couldn't get a second goal to make his shitness irrelevant. But still you have to acknowledge why we were in that position in the first place.

He's made big mistakes in every game for a couple of months at least. I'm not saying get rid, or even punish him, just give him 2/3 weeks off so he can get his shit together and come back fresh, like Fergie used to. What does it say to other players like Pogba whose form is up and down, when you can continually fuck up, cost the team, and still get picked? Ole needs to make the call with him and a few others
Sid
Legend

4 months ago

Martial warming up

brianofnazarethffs
Legend

4 months ago

Sid wrote:
4 months ago
Martial warming up

🤬🤬

What a shame his talent doesn't match his attitude. For years we've been buying players on talent and value alone... we need to start including their personality too.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour
fat maradona
First Teamer

4 months ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:
4 months ago

🤬🤬

What a shame his talent doesn't match his attitude. For years we've been buying players on talent and value alone... we need to start including their personality too.
Sounds great but how the fuck does one judge a players personality when you're scouting them? When buying young players like Martial, what you're hoping is that your coaching staff can instil that spark in them. Otherwise they'll just end up like another Ravel Morrison.

The biggest problem we have is that we have some young players on stupid sums of money. They now own the mansions, Patek Philippes, Ferraris, hot young bitches. All at the tender age of 21/22. Back in the day, you had to work had to attain that shit.
Lazarus
Legend

4 months ago

Sid wrote:
4 months ago
4 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
4 months ago
4 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
4 months ago

What does that mean?
It means that whether De Gea wants to play through his bad form or not, hes been throwing games and the team is suffering. The needs of the team come before any individual
But what if the long term needs of the club are being met by playing him and not dropping him? There are many reasons at play for not dropping De Gea at the end of the season when he is considering and negotiating his contract. I'd also point out De Gea is the least of our problems and is certainly not responsible for our current predicament.

This.
I don't think De Gea is the least of our problems, just another problem as important as the rest. We were on for a 1-0 win until he fucked up. The performance in general while flat and uninspiring was enough to beat a similarly flat and uninspiring Chelsea. It's not his fault we couldn't get a second goal to make his shitness irrelevant. But still you have to acknowledge why we were in that position in the first place.

He's made big mistakes in every game for a couple of months at least. I'm not saying get rid, or even punish him, just give him 2/3 weeks off so he can get his shit together and come back fresh, like Fergie used to. What does it say to other players like Pogba whose form is up and down, when you can continually fuck up, cost the team, and still get picked? Ole needs to make the call with him and a few others
The season ends next weekend.... then he'll have lots of weeks off. As for the least of our problems, name one recent player or manager who has done as much for our team over the last many years? There isn't one. His heads wrecked he has big decisions to make and he's in a squad that is about to be torn apart again and they collectively have been thru the wringer.

I'd 100% expect if De Gea stays his head will be sorted out by next season.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Sid
Legend

4 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
4 months ago
Sid wrote:
4 months ago
4 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
4 months ago
4 months ago

This.

The season ends next weekend.... then he'll have lots of weeks off. As for the least of our problems, name one recent player or manager who has done as much for our team over the last many years? There isn't one. His heads wrecked he has big decisions to make and he's in a squad that is about to be torn apart again and they collectively have been thru the wringer.

I'd 100% expect if De Gea stays his head will be sorted out by next season.
Yeah I'm saying Ole should have made the call and dropped De Gea weeks ago. It's too late now.

De Gea has done wonders for us but Ole can't keep playing him based on previous form. It's all about his form now, and he's a liability. You could justify including him for a few weeks tops based on his reputation, but it's gone beyond that now. You can guarantee he'll fuck up so it's just stupid to include him.