at Arse

Forum for match day threads
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

8 months ago

Sid wrote:
8 months ago
Too complacent in front of goal. I reckon the players thought it would be straight forward after we knocked em out the cup and beat PSG.
Not sure about that Sid. After 20 mins we were the better side. Had the better chances - they scored due to an unusual De Gea fuckup and a soft pen. We had the better chances and just weren’t on it.

It was still a Manchester United performance. One of those days. Brush it off, go again. We’re still getting top 4. And even if we don’t, we’re moving forward again. I’d have snapped your bollocks off to be here in early December.
sheesh
Legend

8 months ago

We started off very poorly, but they benefited from a strange goal. We played a lot better in the second half but the second goal was a killer. Extremely soft decision from the referee. I thought Fred had a reasonably good game. Pogba didn't turn up. Rashford was awful. Lukaku couldn't finish his dinner, although his link up play was alright.

Ole took far too long to introduce martial.

I half expected us to lose, funnily enough. We were due a defeat at some point. Can't see us finishing in the top four with our run in, but let's see how things pan out.
Last edited by sheesh on Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lazarus
Legend

8 months ago

Sid wrote:
8 months ago
It comes down to the last 8 games. I still think we'll finish above em. We have a tougher run but we're a better team. We were shite today but still dominated em for most of the game, and should have scored 3/4.

Martial and Matic are back too. Time to reset and kick on.
We can't rule Spurs out of bottling it either. It's tight up there.

And as Ash just said we're in a better position than any of us thought possible in Dec. It's all good! :joint:
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Robbo
Legend

8 months ago

Here you have the voice of reason after the result, shit happens unlike at another Forum where you shake your head when reading some posts in the post match thread.
-----------------------------------------------------
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

8 months ago

I'm glad that run has broken, it was becoming a burden.

Can't really complain today, poor performance. Let's see how we respond.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour and International Lovemaker to the Stars
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

8 months ago

On the plus side, thought Rom had a good game in terms of his touch, link up play and movement
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

8 months ago

I’d written this season off a few weeks ago. Anything now is bonus territory.
Sid
Legend

8 months ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:
8 months ago
I'm glad that run has broken, it was becoming a burden.

Can't really complain today, poor performance. Let's see how we respond.
Definitely. I remember a similar unbeaten run under Fergie that was built up in the media, and when we finally lost Fergie said he was glad because it had started to effect the players.

There's a week til the next game so now's a good time to reset. Also there's an international break after Wolves so we might have some more players back after that for the run in.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

8 months ago

gea needs to sort himself out tbf he was cacking himself against paris the cunt
lkhm

hoofing
fat maradona
First Teamer

8 months ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
8 months ago
Sid wrote:
8 months ago
Too complacent in front of goal. I reckon the players thought it would be straight forward after we knocked em out the cup and beat PSG.
Not sure about that Sid. After 20 mins we were the better side. Had the better chances - they scored due to an unusual De Gea fuckup and a soft pen. We had the better chances and just weren’t on it.

It was still a Manchester United performance. One of those days. Brush it off, go again. We’re still getting top 4. And even if we don’t, we’re moving forward again. I’d have snapped your bollocks off to be here in early December.
Agree on that we were marginally the better side but it just didn't go our way. Hitting the bar (Lukaku should have done better) and Fred hitting the post were unlucky but it was a pretty flat display all round. When 2 of your 3 midfield play shit (Fred and Matic, looking at you) and the 3rd can't get into the game, then you know you'll struggle to create any decent chances. Rash hasn't quite been the same since the Liverpool game, whether he's still carrying a niggle or if it's just a dip in form.

About time we lost though, wasn't doing the players any favours having that unbeaten run of a monkey on their backs.

Well impressed with Greenwood though, came into the game and wasn't hiding from the ball and looked pretty decent.