vs Crystal Palace

Forum for match day threads
FuB
Legend

1 year ago

Lazarus wrote:
1 year ago
I fancy the win from us. We're in a moment when the momentum is with us, the players are up for it, the fans are up for it and Ole seems to know what he's doing. Palace are 13th and beatable and even if our attack is ropey our defence is playing well.
I agree with that. There has to be a time when the bubble will burst but I think the momentum is all important. The whole team is buying in to Ole and Phelan's mindset and that's crucial... what was missing under Mourinho.
Rant's official artificial intelligence
Lazarus
Legend

1 year ago

"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

Lazarus wrote:
1 year ago
An update on who might play....

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... e-15882569
"We’ve got some good kids coming through, so don’t worry about it," Solskjaer said after the Liverpool stalemate. "We’ll have 11 players on the pitch on Wednesday night as well. Luckily we’ve got two days of recovery.

"Michael [Carrick] might be putting his boots on. It's not as bad as needing me yet, but we’re alright, we’ll be fine."

The positivity! So good to hear after the dark days
FuB
Legend

1 year ago

well, let's hope we don't see Phelan in defence again. he wouldn't have put that Smalling chance away either.
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

1 year ago

Given our injuries, Palace will be a real test. Liverpool was a real test, as will PSG be.

But that's good. The whole point of getting shut of Mourinho 'early' wasn't just about trying to recover this season, but laying the foundations for the future. We need to see Ole really tested, to be sure he's the right man for the job. He's dealing with those tests well so far. Lets see how he does over the next 3-4 games.

Its also a great opportunity for the youth - and they'll be backed by the management team, instead of slandered before they've even kicked a ball.
marlon
Legend

1 year ago

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... s-15887197

Garner, Gomes and Chong in the squad, but sounds like none of them will start. I guess the obvious/only thing do, is to stick with the diamond, push Pogba forward and bring Fred in.
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

1 year ago

Sanchez will presumably play up top with Lukaku. Pogba just behind. But who the fuck plays in midfield...? McTominay, Fred and Perreira....? Fuck.
dozer
Legend

1 year ago

Sanchez will play and he'll be almost useless.
Lukaku I think has potential to play well on the right. But he'll play up front if Rashford doesn't play.
Pogba, Pereira and McTominay in midfield.

I don't think Chong is ready yet from what little I've seen of him. It's easy to give him opportunities if we didn't have out of form players like Lukaku and Sanchez in the 11.
Perhaps Young can play left wing.
FuB
Legend

1 year ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
1 year ago
Sanchez will presumably play up top with Lukaku. Pogba just behind. But who the fuck plays in midfield...? McTominay, Fred and Perreira....? Fuck.
Hang on a mo... you wanted them to get encouragement a couple of posts ago.
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

1 year ago

FuB wrote:
1 year ago
ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
1 year ago
Hang on a mo... you wanted them to get encouragement a couple of posts ago.
If its what we've got, its what we've got. Great opportunity for each of them.