v Scouse Bastards

Forum for match day threads
User avatar
FuB
Legend
Posts: 5560
Joined: 3 years ago
Location: Littlewoods Data Entry Department

8 months ago

marlon wrote:
8 months ago
dozer wrote:
8 months ago
Like I said. The battle has been won. Ole made a mistake in selling fellaini. Even under Jose where everyone were performing worse fellaini made a difference when he come off the bench and won us many games.
Ole doesn't have this option now. He's got sanchez, Mata, Lingard, Fred and Lukaku. Most of them play better when they start and aren't very effective subs.
Ole being a super sub himself should have seen value in fellani. It's not like Ole sticks to his pretty football when we're struggling. Even today he was banking mostly on set pieces and was overall defensive although the circumstances were tough.

Fellani would have scored that chance smalling missed.
I don't miss him as a hoofball sub, but we're awful at defending set pieces without him and I preferred him to Matic as a holding mid. There are players who could've been sold first but it wasn't a mistake to let him go.
there were also times he was a bit of a liability when we were defending. maybe with a more attacking set up there wouldn't have been the lack of space in defence that generally led to them all being clueless as to what each other were doing and so he might have been more of an asset. I also agree that the couple of games Mourinho used him as a holding mid, he wasn't bad - pretty sure we both commented on that at the time - but, as you say, it wasn't a mistake to let him go. if you're looking to Fellaini as your sticking plaster defensive option, you've got issues...

dozer edited his initial post whilst i was replying to add his bit about Fellaini would have scored where Smalling didn't. That's just what ifs... if I remember rightly, Fellaini missed some sitters as much as he scored some vital goals
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
User avatar
Lazarus
Legend
Posts: 15855
Joined: 6 years ago

8 months ago

FUB? FUUUUB? You were there but now the walls have gone blank.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 5161
Joined: 6 years ago

8 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
8 months ago
dozer wrote:
8 months ago
Well. I won the fellani battle so I'm out of the ring and onto the podium. He wasn't quite the club legend I thought he'd be but he was overall our best performing new signing since fergie. Until he left. I didn't notice too many eating their hats though.

Also I never said Jose's hoofball was a good idea. Laz would have dug out the posts by now if I had.
See, now if i look them out i'll piss off all of Rant and that would be a tragedy. Besides what's the point? This Forum is only for making stand alone statements, no need for banter or clarification or backing your shit up on here.

Btw if i've offended you by calling you an idiot i'm really sorry. I didn't think it would bother you one bit because i've always thought of you as a good sport on here but sometimes we can be wrong and it takes others to point this out.
Nah. I wasn't offended mate. These things don't bother me. Don't worry about it.
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 23392
Joined: 6 years ago

8 months ago

FuB wrote:
8 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
8 months ago
FuB wrote:
8 months ago
Sid wrote:
8 months ago
dozer wrote:
8 months ago
We should attack more now. It's almost 80 mins
Don't think Ole had thought of that, nice one
it's a fucking good job dozer turns up for matchdays now. we'd be floundering otherwise
Hope Dozer takes this the way it was obviously meant and doesn't think Fub in any way is trying to imply Dozer is an idiot. :joint:
yeah, well done... you've made yourself out to be a saint now by tarnishing the others.

fact of the matter is that dozer completely ignored all of that chain of gentle jibes at him. thing is, though, literally everyone is ignoring your persistent attempts to start a fight with them yet you've been at it for weeks without any result worth your, sometimes considerable, efforts. how often do you get answered or quoted by anyone other than me or Sid?

sides? well, when I say "i'm with you on" you know perfectly well that means I agree with you. I thought the whole forum was fed up with the "sides" thing so not sure why you needed to try and imply that was my meaning other than different sides of an argument, like "the dross" or "is Pogba performing". I certainly don't mean "you, Sid, me, whoever" vs "the bigots"
About laz digging up old posts - you weren't the one being bashed from all sides for 2 and a half years, Fub. If he wanted to do dig up posts for the next 2 and a half years I would understand. I feel tempted myself.

But anyway I'm late to the party on this and you lot have moved on so it's a moot point anyway.
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 23392
Joined: 6 years ago

8 months ago

dozer wrote:
8 months ago
Like I said. The battle has been won. Ole made a mistake in selling fellaini. Even under Jose where everyone were performing worse fellaini made a difference when he come off the bench and won us many games.
Ole doesn't have this option now. He's got sanchez, Mata, Lingard, Fred and Lukaku. Most of them play better when they start and aren't very effective subs.
Ole being a super sub himself should have seen value in fellani. It's not like Ole sticks to his pretty football when we're struggling. Even today he was banking mostly on set pieces and was overall defensive although the circumstances were tough.

Fellani would have scored that chance smalling missed.
What would Fellaini have done yesterday that would have saved us?

If he was up front we'd have hoofed it like we did under Pulis to absolutely no avail. Hoofball is too basic against a top team like Liverpool with a top CB like Van Dijk. It was counters and balls in behind that looked most threatening. But Fellaini can't play that stuff because he's too slow. He's also too slow to player under Liverpools press and play in tight areas. He'd have been a passenger.

We're going to have to use Fred. I reckon the reason he's not playing isn't because he's shite - he's looked decent in the games he's played so far - it's more that he's struggling to settle into the club and manchester.
User avatar
FuB
Legend
Posts: 5560
Joined: 3 years ago
Location: Littlewoods Data Entry Department

8 months ago

Sid wrote:
8 months ago
FuB wrote:
8 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
8 months ago
FuB wrote:
8 months ago
Sid wrote:
8 months ago

Don't think Ole had thought of that, nice one
it's a fucking good job dozer turns up for matchdays now. we'd be floundering otherwise
Hope Dozer takes this the way it was obviously meant and doesn't think Fub in any way is trying to imply Dozer is an idiot. :joint:
yeah, well done... you've made yourself out to be a saint now by tarnishing the others.

fact of the matter is that dozer completely ignored all of that chain of gentle jibes at him. thing is, though, literally everyone is ignoring your persistent attempts to start a fight with them yet you've been at it for weeks without any result worth your, sometimes considerable, efforts. how often do you get answered or quoted by anyone other than me or Sid?

sides? well, when I say "i'm with you on" you know perfectly well that means I agree with you. I thought the whole forum was fed up with the "sides" thing so not sure why you needed to try and imply that was my meaning other than different sides of an argument, like "the dross" or "is Pogba performing". I certainly don't mean "you, Sid, me, whoever" vs "the bigots"
About laz digging up old posts - you weren't the one being bashed from all sides for 2 and a half years, Fub. If he wanted to do dig up posts for the next 2 and a half years I would understand. I feel tempted myself.

But anyway I'm late to the party on this and you lot have moved on so it's a moot point anyway.
Well ok but, for me, this whole "they did it to me so I can do it back" thinking is a little tired also.

As you say, moved on and moot. I'm not interested to discuss what I think about this any more than I have done.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
User avatar
Lazarus
Legend
Posts: 15855
Joined: 6 years ago

8 months ago

dozer wrote:
8 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
8 months ago
dozer wrote:
8 months ago
Well. I won the fellani battle so I'm out of the ring and onto the podium. He wasn't quite the club legend I thought he'd be but he was overall our best performing new signing since fergie. Until he left. I didn't notice too many eating their hats though.

Also I never said Jose's hoofball was a good idea. Laz would have dug out the posts by now if I had.
See, now if i look them out i'll piss off all of Rant and that would be a tragedy. Besides what's the point? This Forum is only for making stand alone statements, no need for banter or clarification or backing your shit up on here.

Btw if i've offended you by calling you an idiot i'm really sorry. I didn't think it would bother you one bit because i've always thought of you as a good sport on here but sometimes we can be wrong and it takes others to point this out.
Nah. I wasn't offended mate. These things don't bother me. Don't worry about it.
Cheers Dozer! :ymcowboy:
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
User avatar
Lazarus
Legend
Posts: 15855
Joined: 6 years ago

8 months ago

FuB wrote:
8 months ago
Sid wrote:
8 months ago
FuB wrote:
8 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
8 months ago
FuB wrote:
8 months ago


it's a fucking good job dozer turns up for matchdays now. we'd be floundering otherwise
Hope Dozer takes this the way it was obviously meant and doesn't think Fub in any way is trying to imply Dozer is an idiot. :joint:
yeah, well done... you've made yourself out to be a saint now by tarnishing the others.

fact of the matter is that dozer completely ignored all of that chain of gentle jibes at him. thing is, though, literally everyone is ignoring your persistent attempts to start a fight with them yet you've been at it for weeks without any result worth your, sometimes considerable, efforts. how often do you get answered or quoted by anyone other than me or Sid?

sides? well, when I say "i'm with you on" you know perfectly well that means I agree with you. I thought the whole forum was fed up with the "sides" thing so not sure why you needed to try and imply that was my meaning other than different sides of an argument, like "the dross" or "is Pogba performing". I certainly don't mean "you, Sid, me, whoever" vs "the bigots"
About laz digging up old posts - you weren't the one being bashed from all sides for 2 and a half years, Fub. If he wanted to do dig up posts for the next 2 and a half years I would understand. I feel tempted myself.

But anyway I'm late to the party on this and you lot have moved on so it's a moot point anyway.
Well ok but, for me, this whole "they did it to me so I can do it back" thinking is a little tired also.

As you say, moved on and moot. I'm not interested to discuss what I think about this any more than I have done.
You have a Rant meltdown about me, get all pissy, claim a lot of shite and then decide that your not talking about it anymore without explaining yourself. I've dealt with your ilk before on here....... You think i'm going to be 'blank walled' with out a push back?

At least tell me more about your post related research, have you got any diagrams that show my tragic (in relation to yours) post responses/answers? I mean 'literally everyone', i'm heartbroken at these findings...........
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 7311
Joined: 6 years ago

8 months ago

I'm disappointed to have lost that match, which is saying a lot the way things went. And Liverpool do have the league's best defence. I thought there were even some promising signs from Sanchez and Lukaku, in fact Lukaku should have had two assists really. Really encouraging signs that Ole is building a competitive squad mentality. It was a bit reminiscent of the Ferguson days when we'd get a result with a shit looking line-up full of the so-called dross. I think Ole himself compared McTominay to Fletcher.
User avatar
Lazarus
Legend
Posts: 15855
Joined: 6 years ago

8 months ago

bman2 wrote:
8 months ago
I'm disappointed to have lost that match, which is saying a lot the way things went. And Liverpool do have the league's best defence. I thought there were even some promising signs from Sanchez and Lukaku, in fact Lukaku should have had two assists really. Really encouraging signs that Ole is building a competitive squad mentality. It was a bit reminiscent of the Ferguson days when we'd get a result with a shit looking line-up full of the so-called dross. I think Ole himself compared McTominay to Fletcher.
It only feels like a loss, we drew the game. Good times that a draw feels like a loss!!!!
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Post Reply