Forum for match day threads
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

10 months ago

Sid wrote:
10 months ago
Never in doubt
Hahahahahaha

Great win. Poor performance. Who carers.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour and International Lovemaker to the Stars
Lazarus
Legend

10 months ago

Sid wrote:
10 months ago
Never in doubt
:)) .....yeah, right!

Jose got loads of results like that with shitty defensive football, i felt we could score at any time during the game today because we looked like we were looking for the chance. We just didn't click well today. We need to be starting with Martial and Rashford.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Lazarus
Legend

10 months ago

We drew the last game so today we sorted that out with the win. Fergie like.....
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
FuB
Legend

10 months ago

There's a pretty good chance Arsenal will drop points now as well
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

10 months ago

20 mins good, 70 mins bang average. But De Gea didn’t have to be brilliant.

Pockets of some very good stuff, but the squad/team needs work - which we know.

I think I’m done with Sanchez now too. He’s spent.
dozer
Legend

10 months ago

That was a terrible second half.
But at least the players weren't scrambling the ball away, they passed their way out of trouble. Good to see.
Idk what Jose was thinking in scrambling for and hoofing the ball; it only weakens our defense and self belief.
bman2
Legend

10 months ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
10 months ago
20 mins good, 70 mins bang average. But De Gea didn’t have to be brilliant.

Pockets of some very good stuff, but the squad/team needs work - which we know.

I think I’m done with Sanchez now too. He’s spent.
I’m not giving up hope in Sánchez yet, but it’s not looking good at all.
Sid
Legend

10 months ago

They had a lot of space and got into good situations, but that's a consequence of playing attacking football. We'll have to get used to it - especially because this is a Jose team that's designed to concede possession and sit off, not challenge for the ball and play their way out of a high press. But even so Leicester didn't have any real great chances and they played a fuckload better than they have done all season the game raising cunts.

It's clear we lack a proper ball player, a De Bruyne or a Jorginho, that can re-take control of a game with possession. Matic just goes sideways and Pogba & Herrera go forward. But this is a Jose team, it's not built for possession, it's built for bypassing the midfield with hoofs.

Also Sanchez looks finished. He's not even doing pointless runabouty stuff. Only him and Lukaku haven't improved under Ole, the rest of our forwards have.
bman2
Legend

10 months ago

Matic did quite well today, I think his screening accounts for why they had so few quality chances.

I think they kept it narrow and packed the midfield, so our three in there struggled to control that zone. Then they tried to go wide toward the end, brining on that Ghezzal guy, who looked a bit shit except for a quality free kick that a lesser keeper than De Gea would not have saved.
Sid
Legend

10 months ago

bman2 wrote:
10 months ago
Matic did quite well today, I think his screening accounts for why they had so few quality chances.

I think they kept it narrow and packed the midfield, so our three in there struggled to control that zone. Then they tried to go wide toward the end, brining on that Ghezzal guy, who looked a bit shit except for a quality free kick that a lesser keeper than De Gea would not have saved.
Yeah tbf Matic isn't as bad as he was when Ole first took over when he really stood out. He was still playing Joses sideways hoofball shite. But now he's got on board with the plan mixed up his game.

Bailley and Lindelof did alright n all. You have to remember they're not used to games being this open. Under Mourinho they had the entire team protecting em but now they don't. Same goes for Matic.