V Scouse Bastards

Forum for match day threads
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

10 months ago

Getting in early.

The last two games without Pogba we've played with an intensity and purpose. It hasn't been classic United but it's been on the front foot. I just wonder how much of that is because Pogba isn't involved? Both in terms of his languid style and I question whether he's a cunt in the dressing room. It's a divided dressing room and much of that will be Jose - but its like any workplace - Pogba and Sanchez are our two highest salaries and they aren't producing. The last two games we've looked a happier, United side. Maybe I'm over analysing, but....

Jose needs to have the balls to keep this manner of playing against the Scousers. Having Lingard in midfield gives us someone joining in from midfield. And having Dalot in gives us some proper width for a change down the right. He could be dynamite that kid and he needs leaving in the side - you watch Jose drop him because he's 'not ready for Anfield'.

For the good of this side, he needs to continue letting them play in this way. We'll still get a chasing but at least we'll go there and try to give them a fucking game. We've built a tiny bit of momentum and we've already qualified for the CL so go to Valencia and have a right fucking go, then do the same at Anfield.

Then whatever happens with Mourinho, bin Pogba off in January.
swampash
Legend

10 months ago

Can't take issue with any of that ash. Good thinking.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
sheesh
Legend

10 months ago

I can only see us taking an absolute dicking here, unfortunately, especially if Liverpool score early.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

10 months ago

surely we’ll get fucking one joey shitehouse 1-0 at a top side before he leaves
lkhm

hoofing
Lazarus
Legend

10 months ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
10 months ago
Getting in early.

The last two games without Pogba we've played with an intensity and purpose. It hasn't been classic United but it's been on the front foot. I just wonder how much of that is because Pogba isn't involved? Both in terms of his languid style and I question whether he's a cunt in the dressing room. It's a divided dressing room and much of that will be Jose - but its like any workplace - Pogba and Sanchez are our two highest salaries and they aren't producing. The last two games we've looked a happier, United side. Maybe I'm over analysing, but....

Jose needs to have the balls to keep this manner of playing against the Scousers. Having Lingard in midfield gives us someone joining in from midfield. And having Dalot in gives us some proper width for a change down the right. He could be dynamite that kid and he needs leaving in the side - you watch Jose drop him because he's 'not ready for Anfield'.

For the good of this side, he needs to continue letting them play in this way. We'll still get a chasing but at least we'll go there and try to give them a fucking game. We've built a tiny bit of momentum and we've already qualified for the CL so go to Valencia and have a right fucking go, then do the same at Anfield.

Your dumping a lot of responsibility for the mess we're in on Pogba, getting rid of him in Jan whilst it's 'whatever' about Jose. Plus saying we've played with 'intensity and purpose' after a 4-1 defeat of the bottom team, who were fucking clueless, is rubbish to be frank! Where, on a scale of 1-100, would you place this 'tiny bit of momentum'?

This reads like a post from 2 years and 4 months ago..............
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Lazarus
Legend

10 months ago

As for the Liverpool game, what does it matter? If we win it will be a shite win and if we lose it'll be just more of the same.... Like Liverpool fans really give a shite about beating us now, we provide them with more than enough entertainment every week to make this game not that important in the grand scheme of things, their team is playing great football and battling everyone for the first time in years. United win, lose or draw is just a sideshow this season.

Has anybody else noticed the great football being played by others in the Prem this season? We have nothing to do with what is a great season in the Prem.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Sid
Legend

10 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
10 months ago
10 months ago
Getting in early.

Your dumping a lot of responsibility for the mess we're in on Pogba, getting rid of him in Jan whilst it's 'whatever' about Jose. Plus saying we've played with 'intensity and purpose' after a 4-1 defeat of the bottom team, who were fucking clueless, is rubbish to be frank! Where, on a scale of 1-100, would you place this 'tiny bit of momentum'?

I'm with Laz on this. We always raise our game for Arsenal and play with more confidence against them at home. And Fulham are absolutely shite. No way does Mourinho let us go at Liverpool the way he did these two. We've played twice at Anfield under the cunt and every time he's parked the bus to fuck. It's horrendous cowardly shite. I can't see that changing now they're top and 16 points better than us. If we were to get a win it'd be in spite of the shite football.

But although we're shite they're brilliant, they have a big CL game against Napoli who they have to beat in order to qualify, whereas we have a dead rubber. So we should go into this game refreshed. Will that make a difference if Jose has zero ambition to win the game though.
Sid
Legend

10 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
10 months ago
As for the Liverpool game, what does it matter? If we win it will be a shite win and if we lose it'll be just more of the same.... Like Liverpool fans really give a shite about beating us now, we provide them with more than enough entertainment every week to make this game not that important in the grand scheme of things, their team is playing great football and battling everyone for the first time in years. United win, lose or draw is just a sideshow this season.

Has anybody else noticed the great football being played by others in the Prem this season? We have nothing to do with what is a great season in the Prem.
Innit. This era of top managers playing cutting edge attacking football in the Prem will go down in history, and United, who have the biggest proudest history of playing attacking football, were parking the bus and blaming the ball boys.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

10 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
10 months ago
10 months ago
Getting in early.

Nope. Firstly because Jose brought Pogba to the club, so he's accountable for any shit that Pogba causes anyway. But I've been clear about my position on Jose - He has to go. That's priority 1. I'm not going to re-iterate it with every other opinion I make. Pogba needs to go too - he's clearly a cunt and his on the field contribution's haven't been good enough. His attitude and work rate haven't been good enough and we've looked better without him over the last two games.

We've played against various shite teams this season and still haven't displayed any urgency. So, just for your benefit Laz and just to be clear, I'm not suggesting that this is the start of a road to greatness, or that the 'momentum' is anything I expect to last. But we've just put in 2 performances that have been better than most of what we've seen this season. They've had a bit more intensity and I want to see us continue at least trying to play that way. I want us to take that approach into the Liverpool game and try to give them a fucking game. Not that I expect to see it.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

10 months ago

Sid wrote:
10 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
10 months ago
10 months ago
Getting in early.

I'm with Laz on this. We always raise our game for Arsenal and play with more confidence against them at home. And Fulham are absolutely shite. No way does Mourinho let us go at Liverpool the way he did these two. We've played twice at Anfield under the cunt and every time he's parked the bus to fuck. It's horrendous cowardly shite.
That's my point - Fulham are shite, but we've played against several shite teams and looked almost as bad ourselves. Fulham was a better performance where we looked to play with a bit of urgency and close down higher up the pitch. I want to see us continue in that way - but its much more likely that he'll revert to type.