Forum for match day threads
Lazarus
Legend

1 year ago

Sid wrote:
1 year ago
swampash wrote:
1 year ago
I'm trying to take the positives out of it. Martial looks like he's switched on; Pogba benefitted from the tactics - if you cover his arse he's quite good at the passing the stuff [shooting was bit wayward though].
Arsenal dropping points means we're only 5 points off a CL place.
But Smalling demonstrates his frailty yet again; Lukaku is shite - we look better when he doesn't play, although I'm not sure Rashford as a lone striker is the best alternative...
Top 4 being within reach is a positive, but only because Jose has reduced expectations beyond the bare minimum. We should be fighting for the title. We should be seeing the result of Joses 3 seasons in charge. He's had only slightly less time than Klopp at Liverpool and they've been in a CL final and are in a title fight. But no, we're just coasting, up and down, load of shite.
^ This...
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
dozer
Legend

1 year ago

Lindelof seems to have improved after the Juve game. Not there yet but looks promising.
I can see why he would at least be considered a top talent. some of his moves yesterday; he looked like a proper defender.
Martial has improved too but I think he's more likely to revert to type. Hopefully not though.
We played better with Rashford but we always go back to defensive hoofball after taking the lead. I don't think Lukaku was a factor there. As if we've always played top football with Rashford in the team.
Also Rashford isn't good enough as a player, let alone a striker.
swampash
Legend

1 year ago

Lazarus wrote:
1 year ago
Sid wrote:
1 year ago
swampash wrote:
1 year ago
I'm trying to take the positives out of it. Martial looks like he's switched on; Pogba benefitted from the tactics - if you cover his arse he's quite good at the passing the stuff [shooting was bit wayward though].
But Smalling demonstrates his frailty yet again; Lukaku is shite - we look better when he doesn't play, although I'm not sure Rashford as a lone striker is the best alternative...
Top 4 being within reach is a positive, but only because Jose has reduced expectations beyond the bare minimum. We should be fighting for the title. We should be seeing the result of Joses 3 seasons in charge. He's had only slightly less time than Klopp at Liverpool and they've been in a CL final and are in a title fight. But no, we're just coasting, up and down, load of shite.
^ This...
don't disagree with that either, just grateful that we finally seem to be showing some ability and pride
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
swampash
Legend

1 year ago

I agree with quite a bit of what ash said - I've always fancied the inverted wingers option with a false 9. It just seems to me to offer more options in attack.
Pogba has always needed someone to cover his back. Was the same at Juve.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
FuB
Legend

1 year ago

swampash wrote:
1 year ago
I agree with quite a bit of what ash said - I've always fancied the inverted wingers option with a false 9. It just seems to me to offer more options in attack.
the most poignant thing that Ash said is that Pogba needs to go in the long run along with Fellaini but that's hardly a bombshell unless you've got Fellaini-tinted specs and are desperately clinging on to the hope you might be right like dozer.

You're right too. Pogba ALWAYS needs other people to do the midfield stuff. He's a luxury that we could only really carry if we were sorted everywhere else... and, even then, is he really worth the expense for the one good pass he might make every three games?
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Lazarus
Legend

1 year ago

swampash wrote:
1 year ago
Lazarus wrote:
1 year ago
Sid wrote:
1 year ago
swampash wrote:
1 year ago
^ This...
don't disagree with that either, just grateful that we finally seem to be showing some ability and pride
But we showed more ability and pride in our last two seasons than this season. We're getting worse not better. How many seasons do you think it will be until we finish 2nd again? The thing is, even his first two seasons were way below the standards we are looking for. Jose is a busted flush....
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

FuB wrote:
1 year ago
swampash wrote:
1 year ago
the most poignant thing that Ash said is that Pogba needs to go in the long run along with Fellaini but that's hardly a bombshell unless you've got Fellaini-tinted specs and are desperately clinging on to the hope you might be right like dozer.

You're right too. Pogba ALWAYS needs other people to do the midfield stuff. He's a luxury that we could only really carry if we were sorted everywhere else... and, even then, is he really worth the expense for the one good pass he might make every three games?
That's a failure of Mourinhos, to put the right players around him. An x factor type needs the right players around him to compliment him, and to compensate for the risky stuff x factor players do. But Jose hasn't found the right partners. Matic is a fucking hoof it lump, Herrera has energy but lacks quality and Fellaini is a wasteman that should have been sold. Then there's Fred who definitely compliments Pog in that he's two footed, strong, quick, quick to turn defence to attack. But Jose has disappeared him for a month or two.

You think of Joses midfield of old, back when he was at the top of the game, they were powerful and scored loads of goals. But that's all in the past. He's spent nearly 200m on midfielders and it's still shite.
dozer
Legend

1 year ago

That's too many excuses for Pogba. His mistakes are proper blunders, like the dap moves which costs us goals or him losing his marker. These aren't one off mistakes.
He's not mature enough on the ball and he can be outwitted by other attackers easily.
Jose's biggest fault is the lack of teamwork and cohesiveness when the team's playing. But Pogba's mistakes isn't a coaching issue.
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

dozer wrote:
1 year ago
That's too many excuses for Pogba. His mistakes are proper blunders, like the dap moves which costs us goals or him losing his marker. These aren't one off mistakes.
He's not mature enough on the ball and he can be outwitted by other attackers easily.
Jose's biggest fault is the lack of teamwork and cohesiveness when the team's playing. But Pogba's mistakes isn't a coaching issue.
I don't think Pogba needs much coaching, he just needs to work on his defensive game like tracking runners on corners. The rest is there IMO.

I'd let him have 4 or 5 games straigh playing alongside Fred so they can get some rapport going.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

1 year ago

freds a bit shite for me, another harrera
lkhm

hoofing