Forum for match day threads
Sid
Legend

11 months ago

1 win in 7, so don't get your hopes up
Lazarus
Legend

11 months ago

I hope we get fucked up by Everton. I can't take it anymore, i thought he'd be sacked by now.......
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
marlon
Legend

11 months ago

We went on a run of 3 wins in 15 under Gaal. I'd forgotten how bad it was. This is our equal worst run under Mourinho, but I can't see him getting sacked until the end of the season.
Sid
Legend

11 months ago

marlon wrote:
11 months ago
We went on a run of 3 wins in 15 under Gaal. I'd forgotten how bad it was. This is our equal worst run under Mourinho, but I can't see him getting sacked until the end of the season.
Yeah it looks that way, thanks only to the fact that there's no other top manager available at the minute. If one comes up they'll axe him during the next bad run. But it looks like he'll probably get to the end of the season, which is a write off, and see out his contract.

Shocking from the board tbf. Shouldn't be writing off a season because they had no plan b when Jose inevitably fucked it up.
Sid
Legend

11 months ago

Gaal got the boot because there had been no progress, we'd gone backwards, and the football was shite. The same is true of Mourinho now. The football is horrendous, there's been no progress after 3 seasons not the 2 Gaal got, and we've gone backwards despite Joses spending a shitload more than Gaal.

But there's no one else available at the minute so it's going to be this all season. False dawns and fossil football.
marlon
Legend

11 months ago

Don't know how bothered woodward is with style, given his hires. Up to now, he's only fired coaches when CL qualification is impossible. Gaal got an extension for the fa cup final. If we somehow recover and scrape 4th, Mourinho will be back next season.
Davey-boy
Legend

11 months ago

There's zero chance of us making 4th...we are miles behind already. We'll be lucky to finish 6th the way it's going. Look at Arsenal ffs 7 in a row in prem. We'd need to go on a run like that.
Sid
Legend

11 months ago

Fuck me I hope you're wrong

But on style, Woodward will care about the style of football because it's affecting the results nagetively. The two things are connected. It he was still a manager that played ugly but won big trophies Ed wouldn't be arsed. But that isn't the case anymore.

Also I think the Glazers will have a problem with the amount of money he's pissed away on building an average team. Not just transfers, but wages; we're paying more than any other team in sport and not getting anything like a return on it. So I don't think they'll fancy this approach again for a fourth season, especially when he's going to want to spend another 150/200m in summer and to sell some of the shite he's bought. When so much of the shit football and results is down to the manager, replacing him is the best option financially.

I might be wrong but I fucking hope not.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

11 months ago

The lump will score and give it the old cupping his ears to the fans shite
lkhm

hoofing
Sid
Legend

11 months ago

Must win this, Bournemouth and Watford are getting away from us, 5 and 6 points respectively, in the battle for 6th