vs Chelsea

Forum for match day threads
User avatar
marlon
Legend
Posts: 5274
Joined: 6 years ago

1 year ago

FuB wrote:
1 year ago
ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
1 year ago
Martial should be up frnot. Every week. Not Lukaku.
I've got no issue with him being "on the left" but he is and never was a left winger
On the left but not a winger? He's never got much of a run through the middle but he's never looked great there either but he's had plenty of good games on the wing
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 5148
Joined: 6 years ago

1 year ago

Martials best position is on the wing. He's doing better recently so hopefully he improves from here.
Jose bottled it by taking him off. Why take off someone whos playing well?
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 23273
Joined: 6 years ago

1 year ago

Why not a left forward, aka a more central left striker - not a winger or a CF

It's his running at pace into the box from the left, committing defenders that you want to promote, it's real dangerous
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 23273
Joined: 6 years ago

1 year ago

Lazarus wrote:
1 year ago
Jose doesn't mention any of the players who did well by name like he does when we lose in his interview after the game. Why not mention Martial? Does praise have to come so hard where finger pointing comes so easy. He's a Trumpian prick!
Two goals at Stamford Bridge is class, in an awful team that's mentally fucked and often devoid of any tactics or philosophy, he's done really well today

Thought Mata was key as well. One of the few players that's allowed to have the ball to feet. Made a bit difference to the football we played second half.
User avatar
marlon
Legend
Posts: 5274
Joined: 6 years ago

1 year ago

Screenshot 2018-10-20 at 22.27.21.png
1 goal and only six shots in our last 5 league games for Lukaku. Has to be dropped. He went on a run of 5 league goals in 4 months last season. No point letting him play through it or whatever
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 5148
Joined: 6 years ago

1 year ago

Lukaku is our top scorer and he had a good game yesterday. I think hes our only consistently good attacker. He tracks back, gets the ball, often runs to the channel and makes a good pass.
Our other attackers are poor. Yesterday was an exception where our wingers also performed well. Very often he's fighting a lone battle because the team is very defensive and hes the only one forward and the added problem ot shite attackers in our team.
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 23273
Joined: 6 years ago

1 year ago

marlon wrote:
1 year ago
Screenshot 2018-10-20 at 22.27.21.png

1 goal and only six shots in our last 5 league games for Lukaku. Has to be dropped. He went on a run of 5 league goals in 4 months last season. No point letting him play through it or whatever
I think coming back early from the world cup is catching up with him
User avatar
marlon
Legend
Posts: 5274
Joined: 6 years ago

1 year ago

dozer wrote:
1 year ago
Lukaku is our top scorer and he had a good game yesterday. I think hes our only consistently good attacker. He tracks back, gets the ball, often runs to the channel and makes a good pass.
Our other attackers are poor. Yesterday was an exception where our wingers also performed well. Very often he's fighting a lone battle because the team is very defensive and hes the only one forward and the added problem ot shite attackers in our team.
I generally agree but his all round game has disappeared. When he's not a threat and when he's not doing the basic target man stuff there's no point playing him. It's worth trying Sanchez there.
User avatar
Pikey McScum
Star Man
Posts: 945
Joined: 6 years ago

1 year ago

9 points separate us and top

Despite all the positives from yesterday we drop a position in the table
"that is probably the worst post ive ever read" - Knobby, 28th April 2015
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 23273
Joined: 6 years ago

1 year ago

Pikey McScum wrote:
1 year ago
9 points separate us and top

Despite all the positives from yesterday we drop a position in the table
If Everton beat Palace we'll drop to 10th

No good getting a point at Chelsea if you drop points to West Ham, Brighton etc
Post Reply