V's Brighton

Forum for match day threads
redzebs
Legend

2 years ago

Herrera gets a lot of stuck but he played 6 all season and covered Pogbas arse last season so he is a good squad player, yes,

It was a mush mash team, Rashford played more minutes than anyone including DDG last season as a fuckin winger, he was poor tonight but you’ve Pogba who I’ll cut slack because he at least wanted to go forward, Mata a World Cup champions league and every other trophy winner, and the Lakaku Ballix is the manager admitting he has a style of play where a big 9 drops off and knocks on second balls eg Rashford v Liverpool, if you are going to play Rashford back at 9 and get him confident, he needs support, Pogba tried but they played well at the back so fair play, Matic had a fuckin nightmare and Fellani can do a job but more if you need to see out a game or punt it late on, but if you are bringing in squaddies and returning injured players, that was a stupid risk.

Rashford mucked up when he did get a chance but we should be creating him two or three more times the chances before we right off a 20 year old who looked to be having to try and play plan a), knock itvon for the runners.

Lakaku knows his job now and that’s fine but some of his 27 goals were against poor teams we were already beating, not slating, just doing what he’s told but that’s not a great season for him, not GREAT and Lindelof needs time and Matic has went cold late in the season, you have to change tactics and formations, not just move players into replacement positions
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Snoopcousins
Legend

2 years ago

Not sure what you mean .....
But he has his best return in goals this season ever I think
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Snoopcousins
Legend

2 years ago

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
marlon
Legend

2 years ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
2 years ago
marlon wrote:
2 years ago
Snoopcousins wrote:
2 years ago

Has Lukaku not had his best season to date?!
Nah. In his 6 PL seasons, this is his 4th best in terms of scoring rate. A shame as he's starting his peak years under the best coach he's had with the best teammates.
You’re only counting the PL?
I think it’s his best season stats wise in all comps
So, all comps, in terms of the total goals and assists it's his best, but it's also the most football he's played in a season.

By rate he was better last season and at West Brom in 12/13.
Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 02.03.49.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 02.03.49.png (17.62 KiB) Viewed 658 times
Snoopcousins
Legend

2 years ago

It’s hardly poor tho.... 0.8 g/a per game is good

redzebs
Legend

2 years ago

Come on Snoop, he could actually be a beast but it took him until about January to openly say he understands his role now, not a United typical 9 in the box, tbf to him he seems to have compromised enough that he does Jose’s tactics of being almost a 10 to bring in the players behind him with knock ons (which is working against big teams) and still being in the box at the right time to score his own goals.

But throwing players under the bus serves no purpose unless he’s gonna sell about 8 players.

I think some of the dressing room problems he’s had in every club he’s managed come down to him having his clique and if you don’t fit or (even if it’s positive) you don’t stick to the tactics, you are fucked unless you are unstoppable and the fans and pundits and every one in football knows you are the bees knees.

Another argument I had last night, getting asked why is Rashford dropping deep???

Because that’s our game, but we did it with Zlatan and Lakaku now, playing Rashford, a quick 20 year old that needs through balls and balls to feet, he can’t play the role Jose wants from a 9, and Martial is the same, Sanchez on his day probably could use experience and skill to do it in a way but not the same.

We played too many players who weren’t fresh/hadn’t got game time/coming back from injury, Fellani tbf is great at defending in the box and can cause havoc but for fucks sake, does anyone thing it was a good idea to play him in a creative role?

Mata was all over the shop whether by design or because he has a football brain and went what the fuck is going on,

Darmian is just lol and yes every player bar maybe 2 1/2 had shite games but Jose says he told them, he told them, well they weren’t fucking listening as you seemed to be playing our recently successful tactics with different players and players who aren’t suited to the roles given.

Matic started great this season, was hot and cold but last night was shocking, again as someone said, he’s not the solution or the problem.

If he bins a load of youngsters and buys 28/29 year olds he knows are functional and will do a job, he can fuck off.

Why always Lakaku three or four times?

I don’t know Jose, because he’s had an ok season, done what you’d expect from our most expensive player up front but he’s not fucking Drogba ffs.

Would Lakaku have made a difference? Yes because we would have punted more but I don’t want to watch that either.

I said and a lot of people agreed, do you want guaranteed trophies but not the football United are famous for? Or do you want to take a chance on someone who might take longer to get results but will be nicer to watch?

Jose has steadied the ship and won trophies but I fear another few transfer windows will see young players go and the next manager inherit a first team with older players and will have to integrate the younger players left with proper potential
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Robbo
Legend

2 years ago

Lazarus wrote:
2 years ago
Robbo wrote:
2 years ago
Lazarus wrote:
2 years ago
Robbo wrote:
2 years ago
Shower of shite two points needed to seal second place and they cant even do that.
We've done well against the top six though.... and we might win the FA Cup.....
Thats the problem mate its the teams lower down that you need to beat where there are problems possibly they will win this but they do make it fucking hard at times.
You don't do sarcasm? I don't think we've done well against any teams.
Why do sarcasm?

fine we have played shite against the top teams but somehow scraped through and won on most occasions or drawn but your Brightons and West Broms etc. have been beating us "Why" we have drawn against Stoke, lost to Southampton both for all intents and purposes relegated, lost to Huddersfield and West Brom that should be have been 10 points and fine it isnt our god given right to win all the times but against these teams we should have
-----------------------------------------------------
sheesh
Legend

2 years ago

Whatever their beef with the manager is, the players need to sort themselves out. We have now apparently lost to all the newly promoted sides away from home.

I'm worried we might not even get the 4 points needed.

On a separate note, Fellaini is trolling us by saying that the club took too long to sort out a new contract for him. What a joke. Fuck him off.
Robbo
Legend

2 years ago

sheesh wrote:
2 years ago
Whatever their beef with the manager is, the players need to sort themselves out. We have now apparently lost to all the newly promoted sides away from home.

On a separate note, Fellaini is trolling us by saying that the club took too long to sort out a new contract for him. What a joke. Fuck him off.
Agreed sheesh mate, whilst Mourinho has to shoulder a Proportion of the blame so do the players as well.
-----------------------------------------------------
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

2 years ago

sheesh wrote:
2 years ago

Agreed on Fellaini. What a fucking joke that is.

You could tell Neville was pissed off with what he was saying. Some of these players don’t have what it takes, even allowing for the way MourInho sets them up.