FA CUP QUARTER FINAL Manchester United v Brighton

Forum for match day threads
Lazarus
Legend

1 year ago

Romelu Lukaku, admitted that he and his team-mates had a duty to entertain the fans when they came to Old Trafford on Saturday for the FA Cup quarter-final against Brighton & Hove Albion. “It is an important game and we have to give fans what they want to see, which is winning games and playing attractive football,”

Big ask that against Brighton..... I fully expect us to win. Imagine they nick it off us????
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

He's sending Mourinho a message that he wants more attacking football, more chances, more goals. It's a bold fucking thing to say tbf. Jose's already getting slaughtered in the press and by the fans for playing conservative shite, Rom's comments only add to the pressure he's under to take more risks. And worse, this is coming from within, not from outsiders, from the "experts".

And this is a massive game now, it's our last chance of silverware, so Jose will be desperate to shut up shop and try and nick a win

What a saga eh. I'm starting to need a break from this shite. Too much drama. Rom's unhappy, Pogba's been out for a month, Sanchez is stropping more and more in games... It's becoming too stressful
Robbo
Legend

1 year ago

Murphys Law BHA win this. Normally United should win it easily but if the players turn up like the last game then who knows.
-----------------------------------------------------
bman2
Legend

1 year ago

It seems like when we've lost a big fixture this season, the mood turned and we put in a series of crap performances. So I'll feel like we're making progress if the players respond to the shit show against Seville by showing a proper competitive spirit and go out to win every game remaining this season. As Rio says, the top teams don't just turn it on and off.
Davel
Legend

1 year ago

big words from lucky (he may get the knock in training we hear of so many times) we wait for the team sheet. but fuckit who wants a trophy named after a suvern rivals sponcer and played at another suvern rivals home ground, i`d rather with the northern prem league :)
marlon
Legend

1 year ago

Tbf, Lukaku could take a bit of responsibility. 5 goals in 4 months of league football (18 starts)
image.jpeg
swampash
Legend

1 year ago

JoMo has to put in a real face-saving performance today. Anything less than a 2-0 and the pressure on him will mount. And he's not great at dealing with such pressure...
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

marlon wrote:
1 year ago
Tbf, Lukaku could take a bit of responsibility. 5 goals in 4 months of league football (18 starts)

image.jpeg
Woeful that. He hasn't had great service tbf. But then you don't in Mourinho's teams. You have to finish the few chances you do get, and Lukaku int clinical enough.
Unitedroad
Reserves

1 year ago

Absolutely agree e had half a chance of Tues that would have made all the difference ,he did however link up a bit more and was better v Liverpool too ,I think he hasn't got the wuick feet to play with Sanchez and that's why he is trying too hard .Hopefully he will bang a few in tonight early doors and get Brighton out a bit .
But my experience tells me it will be another struggle.
marlon
Legend

1 year ago

Yeah, I guess the other side is, rom and Sanchez had 49 league goals between them last season. And we've got Rashford, Martial, Mata, Pogba - our attack should be great.