vs Tottenham

Forum for match day threads
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

1 year ago

Yep, that was bad, but there are typically some who just have to go utterly Doo-Lally...

Spurs weren't that good... they were better than us, there's no argument there... but give any team a 2 goal cushion and they can relax into their football, and we just weren't anywhere near good enough to take back the initiative...

But... well, this was just another excuse for the doom merchants to spit their dummies!
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

1 year ago

we all said 18 months ago tbf we spent 90 odd mill in a midfielder who needs two other midfielders to do his midfieldy stuff for him cause he has no idea how to be a midfielder ago any midfield that’s much cop
lkhm

hoofing
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

Alf, they dominated us at Old Trafford as well, on our patch

And we didn't gift them two goals, they didn't just randomly happen, some sort of unexplainable cosmic event, they played some good football in the run up to them - especially the Jones one, they worked it out wide well and put in a great ball that's begging for an idiot like Jones to touch it so it flies in the back of the net
Last edited by Sid on Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FuB
Legend

1 year ago

wouldn't want to feel like i'm a "doom merchant"...

remember when we got absolutely mullered by keegan's Newcastle and then pinched a 1-0 in the return... then reeled them in for the title. there's always a bad day but that sort of fight hasn't been anywhere to be seen for years now.

i'm not sure the work needs to be done on the training ground... work needs to be done on the mentality of the players.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

1 year ago

No Sid, they didn't just magically happen, but they were fuckin easy goals to avoid... the first was just a complete, collective brain fart from our defense... that happens, but let's not start stroking the "genius" of Spurs attack when they punt up to a speculative effort in 11 fuckin seconds... and if Jones has a left fuckin foot, they don't score the second... don't start turning this into something it's not... it's not me saying Spurs were lucky... better is better... but United would have struggled against Canvey Island with that performance!

We were shit... that's it... I don't expect to see us play like that again any time soon!
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

The initial punt for the first goal was speculative but the flick on, backheel and attacking run in to the box that resulted in the goal weren't. It's not genius, it's just good attacking football.

Why were we shit, Alf? Jose said because they scored early which meant they were allowed to play their game - and when they play their game we can't compete. We're second best. So again, why is that?

Do you have any answers or are you just going to hide behind 'we were bad because we were bad because we were bad'
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

1 year ago

if we’d won playing as shite as that it would’ve been a rerun of the arsenal game that we got plaudits for despite being battered tbf
lkhm

hoofing
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

1 year ago

Answers??? :)) :)) :))

Of course I don't have the answers Sid... none of us here have the answers, except you... none of us here are in your league Sid... matter of fact, I think it's become quite clear, that even Mourinho isn't in you league... you should manage United with all that crystal clear insight...

"Jonesy, you thick cunt, right from the off, they'll punt it up the pitch, and a flick and a fart and the cunts will be in... don't shit yourself, you'll be reet lad, that's a good'un"... "now, right, the rest of you thick twats, this is football this, keep it on the deck, Alexi, don't be a fanny, that's a good'un"... "Come on you lot, mazy runs yeah, work those channels, lots of passes, that's it, don't shit yourselves, come on lads, no mars bars, press and pass, that's it, press and pass, yeah, that's a good'un..."

For fuck sake!!! How's that for fuckin answers Sid???
danniitronix
Legend

1 year ago

Sometimes, I drink my own wee. :ymblushing:
pint vulger
Legend

1 year ago

Bad night bad bad performance from everyone inc the manager and the ref ( first goal Kanye in Utds half ,Utd should have had pen) no panic though Spurs are a good side on their day.

sorry S but the first goal the ball was deflected into Ericksons path ,freak goal but credit to Spurs.

2 goal freak as Jose said Kane wouldn't have got that in.

It's probably all been said but my main grievance is the Centre Forward he's fucking useless the difference between him and Kane is like me and Sid ( Lukaku) .....Kane is the focal point of almost everything Spurs do ,Lukaku is generally the end of Utds possession.

Jose needs that sorting immediately.