vs City

Forum for match day threads
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

I agree with you, Dozer. It's like Jose thinks his football is inferior to new managers like Conte, Pep and Klopp so he shuts up shop and plays for a draw.

At best today we were looking at a draw, never a win. But we were 8 points behind thanks largely to bottlejobs at Anfield and Stamford Bridge against a weakened Chelsea. So all a draw would have done for us is maintain City's huge lead, which is no good.

This is proof you can't play not to lose against the top 5 and try and win the league against everybody else IMO. He who dares wins, and City dared to play football and win at Stamford Bridge and Old Trafford, and now they've been rewarded with a massive 11 point lead and possibly the title.
Last edited by Sid on Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

2 years ago

City weren't shit. Technically they were light years ahead of us. That was probably them at 7/10. And it was enough to be as comfortable a 1 goal victory as they'll have all season.

We're a fraud outfit really. Run for corporate values over football ones. And certainly lacking football centred leadership and vision.

City are a better team. Better players. More drive than us to win, and win well.

They were taking the piss at the end.

We're flooded with mediocrity at the highest level. But to be honest, I just don't give anywhere near enough of a shit anymore. Maybe it's my age but this doesn't sting. It used to.
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

Jose Mourinho also says Manchester City are 'lucky' and get 'a lot of decisions.'

:))
dozer
Legend

2 years ago

Sorry. I just don't see how city have better players when we looked the better team when we could actually be bothered to attack and not hoof.

Lukaku fucked up but we're not using him right. He's not a drogba who can use his strength and hold the ball against plenty of hoofing.
Whenever he gets the ball, it's either above his head or bouncing up toward his chest. What sort of senile tactics does Jose have? I genuinely think he's gone crazy. Even a child can see United look better when they attack.
redzebs
Legend

2 years ago

Anyone try’s to defend Lakaku after that needs shot, Zlatan came in and even a long ball hits him, few players round him, still manages to get a touch back to a ted shirt, plus helping them score twice didn’t help.

Jose has either played Martial and Rashford as almost wingbacks over other players because IF the ball falls to them ala Rashford they might score.

The other more cynical side of me is so he can say look I play four forwards, what do you want?

He wouldn’t play 4 cbs and two wing backs because he’s get slaughtered so play what looks like a back four with two young forwards completely wasted to stop City rather than try and attack.

Also, the Hernandez dive, before that, Lakaku was on a run then changes direction and runs straight, away from goal??

Then the useless Big cunt finallllyyy gets one of these balls he’s suppose to love, falls in front of him, running, row z.

People can blame players and that’s fair enough but when you tell players who have proved in the past they are good enough and skilful enough to play a tactical game, one we might not win, but they can execute the plan,

And you tell them nah Neanderthal football, hoof then there’s big gaku ok not getting great service but can’t win a 50/50 bill at all, ever, and all he does is head the hall on even though he was the furtherst player forward. They made mistakes too, even with a cautious setup, you pick the right team and tactics and you give them a game.

Instead we set up so defensive, the players shite it, don’t want the ball, the brave ones hoof it.

A lot of bad performances but I’m sorry, I’ve stuck up for him and his willingness to change his auto defensive mindset, picking players on form except ones he’s bought bar Mickey who have to play as often as possible.

Rooney ran his pan in, scores a pen for a poor Everton dude away to Anfiekd. Lakaku has a hand in both their goals, fucks up two runs towards goal, misses a sitter whether the cunt saved with his throat or not,

And a 37 coming back from injury comes on and looks better, fuckin shite.

Total bottle job, first time I’ve seen a 6 3 Big Heaney type player false 9 tbf.

Disgraceful tactics
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

We just needed it to be windier, right Pint, then those weak foreigners would have crumbled

Btw how was the mammoth passing?
senna
Legend

2 years ago

Maybe he doesn't have the mentality for this kinda club.

Still a bit early but you gotta start wondering.
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

Mourinho "They scored two goals which were quite unbelievable to concede. They scored two goals out of nothing with rebounds....two easy goals. We did good things, we did bad things.

"I think they are a very good team, they are lucky, they have decisions in their favour."

Why are Jose and Alf slagging the quality of the goals? I didn't hear em complaining about the long ball hoof that meant we nicked a win against Tottenham, or the Young deflected winner against Brighton to cap off a shite game. It's sour grapes.

If the ball had've come off Smalling's cock, got deflected 23 times and gone in, those two cunts would have been full of praise about how "they all count"
dozer
Legend

2 years ago

Jose's excuses after the games is still the best in the world. He still has it.
sheesh
Legend

2 years ago

Still not convinced that Mourinho has done enough to justify a contract extension, and I don't think the board are in a great rush to offer him one until they see what we're getting.

If we give him money in January, who's he going to spend it on? Honestly, I'm rather concerned.

I should advise that I missed most of today's game, but am speaking generally.
Last edited by sheesh on Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.